A Rare Ability

Crossing Boundaries

A month has passed since the first game ended. Many students were wondering when the second game would start. Others didn't really care that much. With so much excitement in the air, even gossip was active.

The hallways of SM high  was filled chatter and gossip. Every single rumor was spread throughout the campus. No one was safe from it. Well, except for the Lees.

 

It was time for PE in SeoHyun's class. Her class was at the gym wearing their usual PE uniforms and listened to the professor's intructions.

"Alright listen up. Today we will have a little gamble on the grades. Each one of you will find a partner and will face off with one another one pair at a time." The class started to get excited and everyone was already choosing partners. Mostly everyone was already asking Seohyun to their partner but she didn't answer any of them. "The winning team would get the highest grade while the losers would get a failing grade." That caused the students to get noisy. saying it was unfair since they all knew it was gonna be Seohyun and her part who would win. So the prof changed the rules a bit. It was now going to be a rumble. All pairs to themselves. 

Everyone calmed down a bit and started devicing plans. Of course, Seohyun already knew what they were planning. They were gonna take her out first. That stopped mostly everyone from being her partner. She just sat there. Watching her classmates pair up with one another and joining the big circle forming in front of her. Soon, everyone had a partner and Seohyun was left sitting alone. Well, almost everyone. Miyoung came up to her and tapped her shoulder. Seohyun looked at her with a smile on her face. 

"Sure. We can be partners." Seohyun pulled the chair next to her and offered Miyoung to seat.

"But I haven't even said anything yet."

"You didn't have to. We are the remainders after all. Everyone had a partner except for us." Seohyun explained.

Miyoung looked back at the class and noticed that Seohyun was right. She slowly walked towards the chair next to Seohyun and sat down.

"So..." Miyoung started. "What's the plan?"

"Nothing. we don't need a plan. Just leave it to me, okay?" Seohyun smiled as she winked at Miyoung.

 

A few minutes later, all students were called to the center of the gymnasium and was told to prepare. Everyone then surrounded Miyoung and Seohyun. Miyoung was now shaking and scared while Seohyun stayed calm and collected.

As soon as the whistle was blown, every other student started attacking Miyoung and Seohyun. Seohyun immediately created ten clones of herself in different directions and charged at the incoming hoarde. The clones put up a fight but were no match with that many attacking them. But as soon as a clone vanished, another would take it's place. Seohyun fought anyone who got passed her clones. Miyoung on the otherhand would warn her if there was anyone coming from behind her. No one really paid much attention to Miyoung since she didn't pose as a threat to anyone. No one even knows what she can do.

Minutes have passed and Seohyun was starting to grow tired. Her clones didn't last as long as the previous would do. The hoarde awas getting closer. It was bad for Seohyun. She didn't want to lose but it seemed that the odds were truly against her. She was finally hit by a fireball thrown by one of her classmates. Then an ice ball. Then a stream of static electricity. Miyoung couldn't anything. She wasn't a fighter. All she could do was watch. Seohyun tried to fight them off but to no avail. It was too much for her. It was one against fifty. When all hope was seemed lost. Miyoung did something that no expected. She sang. She sang the most unusual song that made everyone stop. No one moved. Or rather No one could move. Or rather None of her classmates could move except for Seohyun. 

Suddenly, Miyoung changed her song and everyone started turning against each other. Seohyun just watched as the table was suddenly turned. She looked at Miyoung with disbelief. She was a siren. She had the ability to manipulate others denpending on the song she sang. An ability that was very rare. 

*What a gift. It's a good thing she's on our side.* Seohyun smiled as she watched her partner sang their way to victory.