God Littlest Angel

Ransomed Fiancée

Chaeyoung

 

 

I pulled the car to the front yard and took the rose bouquet with me. I had stopped in a flower shop to bought one and prepared everything beforehand. It was just normal for a person to give her romantically special someone a gift and we weren't the one who was here. The doorman, Hoon. The maids. They were all watching and I had to put the act. I brought the flower closer and inhaled, smelling it. It was radiating with raspberry fragrance. Sweet and relaxing. Flowers indeed nice. It bloomed in glory not until it withered. Their once beautiful petals curling at the edges, their stalks went limp and it died over time.
 

 

I hated it, the sight of the petals slowly falling off. It somehow filled me with emotions, despair and misery. I preferably admire their beauty from afar where they scattered around in the garden. Where they belonged with true roots, nurtured by mother earth. It would be great if I could come close and see them in a short distance. However, flowers attract insects that stopped me from appreciating it up close. I had a complicated connection with flowers overalls. Shrugging it off, I entered the house and saw Mina back facing me as she sat on the couch. She was watching the television, specifically a solo contemporary dance performance. She seemed so immersed in it to notice me.
 

 

I took a seat beside her and touched her arm, calling for her attention. She flinched then turned to me. "Oh you're here" she stated the obvious and turned off the television.
 

 

I nodded "Yes, since a few minutes ago. Are you ready?" She took my extended hand and I brought her to her feet. "Here, for you" I gave her the bouquet which likely caught her off guard. It was hidden behind me all time. She smiled, "Thank you" I waited as she walked to the kitchen and put the flower inside a vase. She returned a few moments later then slipped her handbag. My eyes briefly scanned her all-around appearance. She was wearing a white v-neck blouse paired with denim miniskirt. She had an edgy look which surprisingly suited her. I'd never seen her in this kind of outfit. Her hair was tied in a low ponytail with sides bangs. Ruby Jane did an incredible job in filling her closet and dressing her.
 

 

I settled beside Mina and hooked an arm around her waist. We walked out together, greeted by Hoon which Mina answered with a smile. I opened the passenger seat for her and she blinked for a while before entering. I jogged to the driver seat and drove off. She was quiet during the ride, we were quite. The light was red and that was when I glanced at her before leaning to her side, pulling the glove compartment and took out two tickets. Enlightened her about our activity today would make everything easier. She eyed me with curiosity before I handed her the printed and signed paper. She read it over. "I thought we are going to have a date. What's with the ticket? Are we going somewhere?"
 

 

I tapped my forefinger against the steering wheels and arched my brow. "Your fiancée is Son Chaeyoung, let me remind you and I don't do petty date. We'll go on a cruise"
 

 

She waved her hand in the air, disapproving. "W-wait. I do suspects you to probably go all out and planned an expensive date. But, Chaeyoung. You---we don't need all of that. Sometimes simple little things mean more. Besides, I feel restless knowing you spend a large amount of money only for a day entertainment. I prefer it to be spontaneous. It will look more natural"
 

 

I stared at her and she returned it, maintaining our eye contact. There wasn't even a shake or quiver in my fiancée's orbs like how it usually did in my personal assistant. She held my gaze for a few minutes. I narrowed my eyes, trying to intimidate her. She slowly lowered her head and fidget with the hem of her blouse. I sighed. What was that? She couldn't even face me for two years working as my assistant but look at her now. Luring me with that innocent, spirited and determine eyes all at once. There was more in her, I'm sure, and it excites me to see more of her side. Maybe by then, I didn't find her boring anymore, though, what I saw earlier was one dangerous move. For that minutes when our eyes remained glued, she was a siren that drew me in with her enchanting charm into a trap. And, I reminded her of the power I held over her to save myself from falling. 
 

 

I knew it was wrong. I was emitting an abusive relationship in which I controlled Mina, deliberately and unthinkingly. This also included a range of my behaviours, and constantly belittling her so she felt small and intimidated, emotional blackmail designed to manipulate her into behaving in certain ways. But, we were not in a real relationship and this entire agreement was nothing more and nothing less, a business. Under this farce, she was still an employee and I was her employer. I didn't understand why this bothered me now. I couldn't change who I am. I am a person hungry over power and authority.
 

 

The sounds of a car honking woke me up. I peeked at her one last time before continue driving. "What do you suggest then?" I asked. Agreeing to what she had said. Having dinner on a cruise, partying, etc perhaps wasn't going to do me any good. All those costly dates showed how I was just the same as before. Bringing girls to this pricey occasion, taking money for granted and played around. It wouldn't differentiate Mina, my fiancee with those girls. Mina had to be special. And I had to do special things with her. As such, adapting to her environment and her liking.
 

 

Relationship involved two-party and I realized I had to let her be the one who made a decision once in a while, rather than dragging her around to do what I think was right. Each person in the relationship would need to subtly adjust for their significant other for the connection to thrive. I had to give in and handed her, her own power.
 

 

I needed to be open to small changes. She wasn't comfortable with my living style and what happened in the Golden Rose event was awful and unexpected. It really showed the dirty side of those with influence and wealth. How scary society was. It wasn't something new to me but not for Mina. I bet she was having a hard time during the event. However, she still kept with my pace and tried to get used to this foreign surroundings. I think it would only be fair if I did the same. To put it simply both of us should feel that, overall, we have an equal say in the relationship. Although this was only for the public, I wanted it to be as real as it can be, as natural as it can be for it to appeared convincing. I was eager to do anything for this agreement and my plan to be successful.
 

 

Mina grinned. A joyous smiled spread on her lips when she knew I had given her an equal sense of power. She typed an address on my GPS and asked me to follow through. I had no choice but to comply. It wouldn't be that bad. Wondering what kind of date Myoui Mina was planning to have.
 

 

"God littlest Angel" That what was written on a big old wooden signboard fixed into the ground right next to the entrance to the drive that simply read 'Hello'. The words almost lost amongst the creeping plant. We had arrived in a countryside area and it was a quiet long ride. The stone path was punctuated with weeds after every stone. The dishevelled, un-manicured lawn was more moss than grass and was over shadowed by huge weeping willow flowing down onto the dank and squishy ground. There  was clusters of defiant daffodils reared their golden heads amidst the gloom along side the scarlet hibiscus. The open field was decorated by smatters of sunflowers dancing through the wind. It was a beautiful view.
 

 

I went out the car, jogged to Mina's door and was about to open it for her when she suddenly pushed it forward. I yelped and bent down as it hit my knees. This was her second time, and I cursed internally. She carefully walked out and stared at me in confusion. "Why are you keep blocking the way?" She asked.
 

 

I was about to snap at her but learned that we were in public. I stood and smiled, showing my dimple then engulfed her into a hug. "Mina, sweetheart. I was trying to act like a good person you were expecting me to be. Opening the car door for you. Why don't you wait inside next time until I do so? Alright" I murmured against her neck, noticing her flinching but my arms kept her unmoved. I pulled away and her cheek gave away as it coloured in a tinted pink. "I think you have a misconception. This isn't a romantic date. We are wasting our time" I added. Realizing the brick house was an orphanage and she wanted us to volunteers in programmed activities.
 

 

She heaved a deep breath, probably recovering from my previous action before she answered me. "Volunteering never a waste of time. And couple can make every day a romantic date. Are you able to?"
 

 

"You are challenging me" I deduced from her tone and sentence.
 

 

"Exactly." She nodded then slowly linked our arms. I let out a low hum, surprised by her initiating the first move. It seemed that she was trying to get used to it. "Let's have a good time, Chaeyoung" she encouraged.
 

 

I turned my head to the front and grimaced, watching the kids running around the field, playing soccer. "I forget to put children in my dislike list. Take note of that Mina. I won't come here for the second time around and mingle with these tiny creatures hanging loose without guardians, begging for one" I chewed the inside of my cheeks, annoyed but the sight. They reminded me too much of myself, "It is pathetic. They are pathetic" Mina threw a sharp glare at me while biting her lips. Her eyes flickered with a flare of cold fury. She seemed to hold herself from exclaiming her rebuke. I titled my head, and ordered, "Spit it out"
 

 

She averted her gaze, mustering her courage before she mumbled, "Microscopic woman"
 

 

"Come again?" I leaned closer and she wasn't taking a step back or inched away from me. She stood firmly on her feet before raising her chin and stared down at me.
 

 

"Microscopic woman. You're are way smaller and short, I can't even see you" she said in a clears and loud voice but rattled through before she dashed away. My mouth left slightly agape as her sentences sank in. I stared at her escaping figure. That was her first straightforward insult that hit the mark. It was an unsaid fact that not a soul in this world whom I know had the courage to point it out yet she did. It was something I didn't take lightly and would greatly affect my emotions, wounded my dignity. As if, I was not worthy of the title I deserve and working painfully hard to gain my position but just underestimated because of my height. I was supposed to be mad and feel that anger rushing in.
 

 

But, somehow rather than offended, I was amused. She was becoming bolder every single day, and it wasn't something I was familiar with. It was something I found impressive and appealing in its own way. Out of all people, I never thought she would be the person that mocked me on that matter. Maybe because I knew, her intention wasn't the same with others. She was mocking my height as her small revenge for my sharp remark towards the orphan kids. It wasn't because she underestimated me. She clearly mentioned my reliability and acknowledged me in work. She told the Chairman without hesitant. I wasn't sure whether she was making up a lie or not, but I was happy for a while. It was the first time someone complimented me on my job. I unknowingly smiled and rubbed the edge of my brow before following her steps. She was already far ahead.
 

 

"Myoui!" I called, faking an angry tone. She spared me a worried glance then increase her pace. She thought she could run away from me; the predator, the hunter, the tiger. You were totally wrong Myoui. I sprinted, caught her by the waist then in one swift, lifted her up off the ground and tossed her over my shoulder. She gasped and held my arms for support while protesting with a small kick. Her heels hitting directly to my abdomen and my breath hitched from the sharp pain. She wasn't heavy, far from it. I was capable enough to carry her but she was a little, only a little taller which made it difficult to maintain my balance. I kept my feet shoulder-width apart and spun us around. She shrieked, sounding like a high-pitched whistle tearing my eardrum. I winched from it and barked a laugh. It was fun, teasing her like this, seeing her went flustered and panic.
 

 

It seemed that she had enough when she grabbed a fistful of my hair and pulling it harshly. I whined in pain while she took the opportunity to escape but I wasn't planning to do so anytime sooner. "Chaeyoung put me down, everyone's looking" She scolded in a whisper. I scanned my eyes around and noticed we had attracted a number of crowd and eyes watching us. I frowned to some of the men volunteers ---based on the vast they were wearing---staring at Mina with red cheeks, while few stealing a glimpse before shyly averting their gaze. I turned to Mina and realized she was wearing a short skirt. Her firm, luminous thighs shown.
 

 

I quickly swung around, away from them then wrapped an arm around Mina's tights and bum. Her body went tense, then a second later a hot sensation on my right ear as she grasped and twisted it. I tried to pull my head away but she pinched down harder.
 

 

I ignored her and threw a side glare at the crowd, "Watchu looking at? Whatchu looking at!?" I scoffed before running back to our car with Mina still over my shoulder. She added more force and I let out a howl. My head bent over her hand. She pinched like a coconut crab, bone-crushing my ear. I endured it and threw her to the backseat of the car. Cupping my fiery ear afterwards, it must be as red as a chilli now.
 

 

"I'm not paid enough for you to me in public. And even if you did, I won't agree, Chaeyoung." She fixed her position and crossed her arms. Her face was beet red. I would have thought that she was shimmering in anger if it wasn't because of her eyes that told a different story. She wasn't angry, not mad or any feelings related. She was embarrassed. Really embarrassed.
 

 

I bit back my laugh seeing her expression as I kneel on one knee across her. "Physical touch is the communication of love, it shows intimacy," I explained, stating a fact. "And for the record, I wasn't groping you. There is nothing to anyway."
 

 

She huffed and mumbled under her breath, "Look who's talking"
 

 

My lips pressed into a thin line, suppressing the laughter that was threatening to leave my throat. Offended? Not even the slightest. I found this silly, "Excuse me?" Masking an intimidating low voice, she pursed her lips and looked away. She was puffing her cheeks, seemingly trying to hold her herself. When I heard her faint giggles, so sweet like jingling bells, that was when I also let out a chuckle that turned into a burst of full blown laughter. Her forehead fell against my shoulder, muffling her joyful voice while I stifled a grin, running my hand through her hair. She shot me two times just in a day. Incredible. She wasn't my personal assistant, the Myoui Mina I knew for years. She was my fiancée, slowly peeling her introverted self showing a daring woman I never knew existed inside her.
 

 

As she calmed down from her soft laugh, I went to the shotgun seat and took a blanket I kept inside the glove compartment. My eyes darted to the rear-view mirror, there was a reflection of a black Mercedes car parked beside a tree, a few meters away from us. I smirked, my assumption was right. The Chairman indeed sent his people to watch over us and probably to take pictures. I walked back to Mina and guided her to stand, wrapping the penguin printed blanket around her waist. I pressed my forehead against hers and smiled. "Let's start this date all over again, sweetheart." She tilted her head a little to the black car's direction before she nodded. It seemed that she was aware that we were being watched. I intertwined our fingers and we walked through the entrance.






 






 

  - to be continued-
________________________________

✒Jun Kudo