Poison and Cure

Ransomed Fiancée

Mina


 

The guests had begun to arrive. Most of the people were dressed in semi-formal. People had already begun to sit around the table just talking and laughing while some were standing as they engaged in a conversation. Some people were standing along the walls just enjoying the relaxed atmosphere and jazz band. The party was held in the house and in the front yard where he had a barbeque drill. The place that was was immediately filling up and still more people were arriving. There was a beautiful crystal-clear pool of litmus blue water in the front yard glowing because of the lamps by the water's edge.
 

 

Chaeyoung held my hand as the guest came to her and they greeted each other. Some I had familiarised myself with after attending various events, most of them were strangers. It was my first time seeing them. Chaeyoung enlightened me that this event was attended by mainly those from the media industry; News reporters, Journalists, Technical writers, Art directors, Film producers, Graphic designers, etc. I wouldn't say I had a good relationship with the media after what had happened.
 

 

We met Mr. Lee Yul and Chaeyoung delivered her gift. She had prepared an expensive set of gold cufflinks while mine was a humble gift. It was compression socks. Chaeyoung told me I didn't have to prepare one but I felt like I had to. She didn't know it was a pair of socks and assumed I had arranged a more decent and costly gift.
 

 

In the nursing home where Sana resided, I shared my time and skill with older care home residents. They needed comfort rather than accessories. I thought the socks would be a perfect gift for Mr. Lee Yul and fortunately, he loved my gift, surprising Chaeyoung.
 

 

"Thank you, I really need this. I've been suffering from sore feet for weeks now," He laughed as he pulled out the socks from the box and examined it, his eyes were kind and honest. He turned to Chaeyoung and shrugged, "I'm an old man, Chaeyoung. All of these luxurious things don't mean much to me. I prefer these socks instead and it's in my favorite color even. I love it," He smiled at me which I reciprocated. Chaeyoung chuckled forcefully beside me, rubbing the edge of her eyebrows.
 

 

If it wasn't because of the building tension, I would have laughed at her. Chaeyoung treated her clients with professionalism and that was how she appeared in an event like this. She was collected and polite. She was only being a tyrant and harsh towards her subordinates. Whenever the clients were displeased or behaved rudely, she remained calm and talked in a low voice. That anger and frustration would be thrown at us instead, her team and personal assistant. She couldn't do that anymore because she was now under The Hirai and her secretary was Sakura Miyawaki, Mr. Kimi's sister-in-law. Because of the successor formality, Chaeyoung had to regain her reputation and build a new image and she succeeded. She had never strayed away from that image.
 

 

Tonight however, Chaeyoung eyes were sharp and she spoke indifferently. Her pitch-black pupils congealed without a blink of an eye, as if something was being hidden between her brows. She was undoubtedly pissed. I didn't expect to see that expression considering the crowd in this event. Chaeyoung turned to me and I instinctively leaned closer to her. She whispered, "Mina, can you wait here for a while? I wanted to talk to Mr. Lee Yul," She asked, pulling away. Mr. Lee Yul had moved to greet a new arrival. He was standing at the entrance with his cane. I glanced at him and turned back to Chaeyoung, nodding.
 

 

Chaeyoung still had her hand wrapped around my waist, I looked at her questioningly. Her eyes were searching for something or someone. She guided me through the crowd and we arrived in one area where cooks dressed in high white hats and aprons were busily preparing food. Prepared food had been lined up, cafeteria-style on a long table. Momo appeared near the long line of food, standing across from us with a big grin on her face. She held three plates full of food, dinerwaitressstyle, with two of them stacked up against her arm. She set them carefully on the table. She popped a strawberry in her mouth and waved at me.
 

 

Chaeyoung took my hand, leading the way to Momo's table. She pulled out a chair and turned to me, "Do you want to sit for a while? Those shoes are too pretty to be comfortable,"
 

 

"You're right, they are," I sat with a sigh. "Much better," 
 

 

Chaeyoung averted her gaze to Momo, her hands rested on my shoulder, "Miss Momo, can you look over Mina?" she asked. Momo smiled cheekily and nodded. I chuckled. Momo couldn't form a word because was stuffed with food. Chaeyoung lowered her face and planted a soft kiss on my cheek, "Wait here, alright. Don't wander around," She said before simply walking away.
 

 

My eyes followed her. She was talking with Mr. Lee Yul before they walked inside the hall and disappeared from my sight. "Oh oh oh, cake," Momo mumbled excitedly with a mouth full of food. I laughed as she pointed to a young man carrying a tray filled with desserts, "Mina wait for a second okay," Momo said hurriedly and dashed away. 
 

 

She disappeared into the thickening crowd and I waited patiently. Jingle-tingling tambourines, slapping and thumping drums, huge banners that blow in the breeze to graze heads and wrap faces, a cacophony of singsong voices. It was a sea of people. Clearly, I was overwhelmed. But I had attended multiple events with Chaeyoung and had grown accustomed to it.
 

 

I tried to keep my back straight, but the uneasiness made me shiver. I had noticed that people were secretly glancing and I could hear murmurs rising behind me. Maybe I was too sensitive. I tried to console myself, that was the case but I was wrong. They were talking about me. That disgust and glare were meant for me. I lowered my head, avoiding any eye contact. My hands fidgeting in my lap.
 

 

"Myoui Mina?"
 

 

I looked up and saw a young man in blue jeans and a white shirt. There was a camera dangling around his neck. I smiled and nodded, "Yes I am. Is there anything I can help you with?"
 

 

He handed me his name card, "I'm Journalist Lee from TV7, may I ask a few questions and perhaps take some pictures?" He asked, holding up his camera and snapping a picture, the flash causing me temporary blindness. He then pulled out a small notebook, "What is your relationship with Yoo Jeongyeon?"
 

 

What? He didn't wait for my permission and proceeded to take pictures. And I wasn't even surprised. It was weirder that he even asked permission in the first place because they never did that. I didn't know if this was considered public, even if it weren't, I have no expectation of privacy. Paparazzi, journalists and security cameras can take images without fear of legal consequence. This was the reason, I was afraid of the media. I remained quiet and he repeated the same question, demanding an answer. I knew my answer could easily be taken out of context. It was better to not say anything.
 

 

"As far as I know, that Lee Yul old man has enforced a no-cameras rule for this event," A voice interrupted. I turned to the source of voice and saw Ms Tzuyu walking towards us. She was cradling a small puppy in her arms, and it looks completely peaceful. She stopped in front of the journalist, gently the puppy's head as she stared directly at him, "Should I call for the security?" The journalist cleared his throat and walked away. Ms. Tzuyu looked down at me and winked, "I was lying, there's no such thing"
 

 

I smiled in appreciation, "Thank you, Tzuyu-sii"
 

 

She nodded and looked around, "Where's Chaeyoung? Why are you alone?"
 

 

"Ah, she's attending some people"
 

 

"I see. I'll find her," She tapped my shoulder and pointed to the balcony upstairs, "For the meantime, wait for us on the second floor. It's less crowded," She advised. It seemed that she had noticed how tense I am. Although Chaeyoung had told me to wait here, I'm sure Ms Tzuyu would inform her of my whereabouts. I waited for Momo to tell her I would be on the second floor but she didn't return. I'm sure she had lost somewhere eating and forgetting I was here. I shook my head, chuckling at the thought. I went ahead and walked inside the building.
 

 

The hall was also packed and people overflowed onto the porch and the front yard. There were eyes on me, glancing and murmuring everywhere. I pardoned and excused myself numerous times as I squeezed through the crowd. But people still bumped into me, rather intentionally. I had heard countless whisper insults at me under their breath just out of earshot as they walked past me. I moved out of the way, lowering my head. My mind was screaming in mingled, fright and upset. I immediately found stairs that led to the second floor.
 

 

I cautiously climbed the stairs, trying not to draw attention. The living room on the second floor had been decorated in muted shades of white and beige, which set off the several brightly colored paintings and lithographs that hung on the walls. Hanging down from four corner areas of the high-ceiling were four enormous crystal chandeliers. The light was dimmed. Ms Tzuyu was right. There wasn't a single soul on the second floor. Wait, there was. Someone was sitting on the couch, it was facing the fireplace and I could barely see anything the figure. I knew it was a woman, looking at the shadow. She had long hair. There was an entrance to the balcony. I walked slowly, hoping not to interrupt the person and opened the shutters. I stepped out onto the wooden balcony.
 

 

I leaned on the balcony rail; the ornamented and carved wood was weatherworn silver-grey and had the fine texture of driftwood. I inhaled deeply, letting the fresh air fill my lungs. The west side of the city stretched in front of me. At one point I looked down from the balcony, where I could see everyone: no one ever looked up. I could quite clearly hear each of the many conversations and my name mentioned. I assumed it was because of the scandalous rumor.
 

 

"Alone?"
 

 

I flinched as all of a sudden, there was a voice chiming behind me. I swung around and it was her, again. Miss Im Nayeon. I wondered how come I didn't hear her coming, not even her footsteps. If she hadn't spoken, I wouldn't know she was here. Wait, was it her? The woman sitting on the couch earlier. She leaned against the wall with a glass of wine cradled in her hand.
 

 

She chuckled lightly, "Don't look at me like that. I was here before you. You just interrupt my beauty sleep. But it's alright. I was planning to see you anyway. You just do me a favor,"
 

 

I clutched the skirt of my dress in my fists. I wasn't sure what she had in mind but it wouldn't be a nice thing. A part of me wanted to run away but my legs were glued to the floor. She had a daunting presence, cold, ice-like and distant. One that made you immobile. I wasn't used to it, to her. We only had an encounter a couple of times. The first one was traumatizing, the second one was unexpected and this was the third one. I rarely saw her in an event with Jeongyeon.  I heard they were engaged. But I knew, it was probably just a facade considering her affection towards Chaeyoung.
 

 

She stepped closer. Her red heels clicked against the marble-tiled floor. She was wearing a full-length fancy black dress. It was a little exaggerating for a semi-formal event. Not that it really matters. I straightened my spine, trying to stay collected and calm. She stood in front of me and smiled. She twirled the glass between her fingers and then brought it up to her lip. I stared at her silently as she took her first sip, "Do you think you'll die from falling off the second floor?"
 

 

What was that? I frowned, "Pardon?---I'm not sure"
 

 

She gulped down the rest of her wine. I stared at her wordlessly and was slightly relief that she didn't splash the remaining wine onto my face again. She wiggled the empty glass and grinned, "Let's find out"
 

 

"Wha---" My words hang in the air when she suddenly shoved me, making me lose my balance. I was completely stunned. For a fleeting moment, I instinctively grabbed ahold of her hand in error or desperation, dragging her with me and causing us to both falls off the balcony. The sudden rush of adrenaline-filled every inch of my body. As I let myself fall, feeling life flash before my eyes. We both were diving downwards, the blue skies, the trees and concrete below, all a blur. The wind whipped my hair back and cold air blew on my face as I kept falling further and further. Few seconds felt like an eternity. The gushing air raced throughout my whole body, What was it below me?
 

 

A sharp pain tore into my back followed by a giant splash into the water. Icy cold engulfed my body, robbing me of my breath as I immediately fought for the surface. Did I fall into the swimming pool? How about her? My whole body seemed to be a pulsing, throbbing mass of aches and pains. There was no reason to panic. I knew how to swim. I was an excellent swimmer. Except---No! Not now. I was suddenly assailed by a fierce cramp in my left calf muscle. The pain was so sudden and so intense. I opened my mouth to scream only to have my throat filled with water. I trashed my arms and legs in a desperate attempt to keep my head above the water.
 

 

I went numb with the combination of adrenaline and the icy blast of the water. A torrent of bubbles came out of my mouth as I gradually began to lose consciousness and felt myself sunk. Before my eyes were completely closed, I saw a figure swimming towards me, long hair. It was a woman. Her hand found my wrist, pulling me up. My head pierced the surface of the water and I gasped, coughing badly. She held my shoulder and led me to the edge. She helped me to climb up and I flopped down. My chest aching.
 

 

"Mina, Mina are you okay?" Her hands wrapped held my shoulder, tapping my back lightly.
 

 

I turned to my side and was finally able to recognize her, "Jeongyeon,"
 

 

She stared at me worriedly and whipped off her blue blazer and, with a careful touch, wrapped it around me. Water dripping from her chin. She was drenched. We both were. My lips were trembling with cold. My legs filled with consistent stabbing pain. I heard the sound of water splashing behind me and the murmurs of the crowd increased drastically as a number of people were running past me. Some accidentally hit my head with their purse. I heard a loud gasp and they were shouting for emergency assistance.
 

 

I looked behind me and saw Chaeyoung at the other edge of the swimming pool. She was carrying Miss Nayeon in her arms and laid her to the side of the pool. The latter was unconscious. The crowd was surrounding them and asking if she was all right while Chaeyoung immediately grabbed her shoulder, shaking her. Her face was pale and she was soaked. There was urgency in her voice, "Nayeon! Nayeon! Can you hear me?" There was no response. She climbed on top of her and started pressing on her chest, administering CPR. I frowned. She wasn't breathing? Chaeyoung pressed her ear against Miss Nayeon's chest, seemingly listening to the latter's heartbeat. She pulled away and cursed. Tipping her head back, she covered Miss Nayeon's mouth with her own. I looked away.
 

 

"Mina," Jeongyeon called. I turned to her and she gave me a small assuring smile. Then I heard a choking cough and sighs of relief filling the air. I knew, Miss Nayeon was saved. I forced myself to rise while Jeongyeon was helping me. Didn't she worry about her fiancee's conditions? I wondered.
 

 

"Oh My! Mina-chan are you okay?" Momo ran to us and gasped, "What happened? Are you hurt?" She asked while examining me, looking for any wound. I assumed she just noticed the commotion since the pool was far from the gourmet table. I looked at her and gave a small smile. My clothes were wet, heavy.
 

 

I thanked Jeongyeon for saving me and held Momo's arm for support, "Please help me to change, Momo," She nodded vigorously and I stole a quick glance at Chaeyoung. She was hugging Miss Nayeon tightly. I had never seen so much fear and panic in her eyes but now I just did. Miss Nayeon must mean a lot to her. I drew in a deep breath. It felt as if my heart had been stabbed by something, and it was faintly aching. Our eyes met and I quickly averted my gaze, hanging my head low. Momo helped me and we headed to a room, guided by one of the staff. A single teardrop fell from the corner of my eye and meandered slowly down my cheek. I immediately wiped it away, hoping it wouldn't be visible.
 

 

We arrived at an empty room and Momo helped me to change. She didn't ask any questions which I was grateful for. Thankfully, she had a new dress she just brought from the mall earlier and left it in her car, "I'll ask someone to prepare a hot chocolate for you. Wait here okay,"
 

 

"There's no need, Momo. Can you please take me home?" I asked, almost pleading. She furrowed her eyebrows and I could see hundreds of questions marks floating all over her head. But she nodded regardless without asking anything. She drove me home and accompanied me for a while. We didn't talk much and watched movies instead. Dahyun came and picked her up an hour later. She told me the Lady was over. We bid goodbye and I could sense that she still have questions that she wanted to ask but chose not to.
 

 

It was late at night and I was alone at this massive mansion. Chaeyoung must be with her. I shook my head and slipped under the duvet. I should stop thinking about it. I lay in bed and tried to sleep----tried to sleep for hours. The moonlight streamed into the room and I stared emptily at the white wall. I was exhausted and numbed. My body was begging for rest but I couldn't. Endless thought was flashing through my mind and I hoped I could turn it off. I actually could. As much as I hated it, I knew I was waiting for her. I didn't sleep not because I couldn't. It was because I was waiting for her. And it hated it even more, knowing that waiting for her was pointless but I still waited. Like a fool. After what I saw earlier, I was ridiculously upset. I didn't want to see her. I didn't want her to be anywhere near me. But I didn't want her to be with someone else either.
 

 

Even I didn't understand myself.
 

 

Suddenly I heard a car pulling into the front yard. My ears perked. I sat up and turned to my bedroom door. Soon there were heavy footsteps downstairs then a light knock on my door. I didn't lock it. The doorknob twisted and the door pushed open. "Knock knock" A voice chimed in. Chaeyoung appeared, leaning on the door frame. A cup of hot chocolate in her hand. She smiled, "Can I come in?" I nodded wordlessly, still taken aback that she was here. Chaeyoung walked towards the bed and sat beside me. I looked away. She took my hand and securely wrapped it around the cup, "Have a sip, it'll keep you warm,"
 

 

I placed the cup on the bedside table and stared ahead, not sparing her a glance. She sighed, "You disappeared without saying anything. If it wasn't because of Miss Momo, I wouldn't know you are here. I had to come up with some random excuses and leave the party to check up on you," She walked over to the cabinet and pulled out a comb. She settled behind me, wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer until I'd sat between her knees. I didn't resist and remained quiet.
 

 

"This was the first time you ran out irresponsibly from an event. I'd seen how you manage to endure and deal with all of those pointless parties but what happened today?" She added, brushing back a strand of hair that covered my face. She cupped one hand tenderly over the crown of my head as she carefully pulled the comb along with small gestures. When she finished one section of hair, she pushed it forward over my shoulder and moved to another to start again.
 

 

I closed my eyes, "I want to be alone, please" My heart was aching, my body was aching. Funny how I was waiting for her a few minutes ago and now that she was here, I wanted her to leave. This was all so confusing. How could someone become a poison and a cure at the same time? How could someone provide comfort and pain at the same time?
 

 

I felt her hand stop and she put down the comb. I thought she would leave but she didn't. She slid her arms around my waist and rested her chin on my shoulder, "Nayeon didn't know how to swim and the list you had given me stated that you are a good swimmer"
 

 

"You don't have to explain Chaeyoung. How is Miss Nayeon? Is she okay?" I asked. She nodded slightly. That was a relief. I felt guilty for accidentally dragging her but if she didn't push me in the first place then we wouldn't fall. Why would she do that? Did she hate me that much? What have I ever done to you?
 

 

Chaeyoung tightened her arms around me. She moved the mass of my hair to one side and nipped at the exposed skin of my neck. I sighed. Despite the circumstances, it felt nice to be here with her like this, to have her assuring arms around me, her fingers rubbing my hand softly. To rely on this temporary warmth, comfort and ignore the burning sensation that began to swell as toxic fluid poured into your veins, in hope that she would give you the cure. How long would I last? How long would this last?
 

 

"I'm sorry, you have to go through this." She spoke softly.
 

 

I fluttered my eyes open. A heartfelt apology is the last thing I'd expected from her. At least it sounded sincere. I thought she was going to throw insults for ruining the event and causing a disturbance. I gave her the side-eye glance, "That's new"
 

 

"That's what?" She looked at me.
 

 

"That," I said, pertaining to the apology.
 

 

"You mean this?" She slid her thumb to my chin and gently tugged down, opening my mouth as the moist sweep of her tongue slid between my lips. She kissed me more gently and passionately than she'd ever done before. She cupped the back of my head against her palm, keeping my mouth captured against her. I didn't reply. I couldn't let the feelings I have had in my heart ripened into a deeper feeling, a feeling more beautiful, more pure, more sacred. I didn't dare to name it. This marriage contract is anything but beautiful, pure and sacred.
 

 

She noticed and her lips incited me to respond. I slowly pulled away from the kiss but she chased after me and I immediately cupped . She frowned, her eyebrows furrowed, her lips pouted, "You shall not ask for a physical relationship. That's the second rule," I reminded her.
 

 

She held my wrist and pulled my hand off . She pecked my lips, "Then, we should renew the terms,"
 

 

Was there a need for that? "You are acting weird today, Chaeyoung" I concluded.
 

 

She chuckled, "Does that makes me a good person?"
 

 

I shook my head, "That makes you a weirdo with bipolar disorder,"
 

 

That caught her off guard. She barked a laugh, "That's what I am then. A weirdo with bipolar disorder." She smiled. A buzzing sound interrupted us. She dug her phone out of her pocket and glanced at me.  Her face changed upon seeing the caller. She kissed my forehead, "You should sleep now. I'll leave my door wide open for you" She winked and stood up.
 

 

I watched as she made a beeline towards the door and walked out. As soon as she disappeared from my sight, I slumped into the bed. I could feel my heart beating hard against my chest, could hear the rhythm of my breathing, but I felt like a stranger to myself. All my life I never had this feeling and it frightened me. I clutched my hand to my chest, as if that might help to contain it. I tried not to respond to the kiss in an attempt to not drown any further. But deep inside I knew, it was probably useless.

 

 

I'm scared, it was too late for that.












 

*    *    *    *

Nayeon


 

"It was you right?" She asked, her voice filled with accusation. She came early in the morning, banging her fist nonstop and barging in as soon as I opened the door. She pushed me against the wall and caged me between her arms. She wasn't entirely wrong. I did push that woman but I didn't expect her to drag me too. That woman was quite a fighter, wasn't she? I wasn't planning to drown and I almost did if it wasn't because of Chaeyoung. She drove me home and stayed until I fell asleep. Even though it didn't go as planned, it still worked. In a party filled with journalists and reporters, I'm sure one of them was jotting notes.
 

 

I diverted my attention to my fiancee in front of me and stared at her. I noticed her hair hanging in her eyes, sweats dripping from the ends of it. Did she run here? Amusing. I untied the handkerchief on my wrist and tapped it around her face. She yanked my hand off causing the handkerchief to fall onto the floor. I sighed and was about to pick it up when she held my shoulder roughly. Her nails dug into my skin, "Answer me," She demanded. Her jaw clenched, "That was all a show, wasn't it? You pushed her and pretended as if you were the victim. It was all an act, right? Playing as if you were drowning when all you wanted was attention"
 

 

Hmm, I didn't know my fiancee was good at writing fantasy. I couldn't blame her. That was what a lot of people might think too. Although they were circling me and showing concern, I knew those people at the event were mocking and laughing at me in their heads.
 

 

I crossed my arms and nodded, "Yes, I pushed her off the second balcony" I chuckled. Her anger intensified. Her hands began to tremble. She raised her hand and punched the wall beside my head. I kept staring at her, not flinching. I wondered how angry she was, how sad she was, how frustrated she was to see that woman being mistreated. I figured she had a feeling for that woman. I wondered how deep her feelings were for her. I wondered if it was love. How did it feel to love someone that much? A part of me was jealous. I envied that woman. She had someone that love her this much.
 

 

I brushed off the thought and grinned when I felt the growing intensity of her glare. She was adorable, "Baby, why are you so serious?" I lifted my hand caressing her cheek with my thumb, "That pool is eight feet deep. Even with a diving board, she won't hit her head or suffer from any physical injuries. Even if she doesn't know how to swim, there are hundreds of people around to save the pity bullied princess. What is there to be worried about?"
 

 

"Why are you doing this to her?"
 

 

"Whatever my answer is, I doubt you'll believe me. Then why bother asking?" I shrugged.
 

 

"At least answer me with anything," She growled. Catching my wrist from touching her face. Her grip tightened.
 

 

"I did it-------" I trailed off and stole a glance at her who waited for my answer, "---for fun," I chuckled, finding her expression funny.
 

 

She dropped my wrist harshly and stomped away, "You are a horrible woman," She cussed under her breath, giving me one last stare.
 

 

I watched her walk away and slammed the door shut, "She's adorable to tease" I muttered and picked up the handkerchief. There was a conspicuous purple-red handprint on my wrist. I sat on the couch and slowly tied the handkerchief on my wrist, covering it. I winched when I tried to move it. She was quite strong. I leaned my head back onto the couch and sank in, recalling the conversation I had yesterday with Mr Lee Yul.


 

"To bury a piece of news is simple. Cover it with a more sensational issue. Do you have anything in mind?"
 

 

"If there's none, then create one. There will be an accident later on. Write about that"
 

 

"Headline?"
 

 

"The wicked witch, Im Nayeon. Divert the focus to me. Placed more emphasis on my past controversy. The backlash must be directed towards me. The crazy fiancee who is filled with obsessive jealously"
 

 

"You are turning the story around. Are you all right with that?"

 

 

"Well, I'm a bad woman after all," I looked at the white wine on the table. I reached for it and opened the screw top, drinking straight from the bottle. That was not fancy at all, but in times like this, even reaching for a glass felt like an effort. But, after downing half the bottle, I still wasn't satisfied. I wished I had bought a new pack of cigarettes. I opened my tablet and as expected, I became the first entry on the search-engine list. I went through the comments and the netizens' perspective had changed. There was a countless malicious comment directed towards me.
 

 

I snickered, none of these pathetic mosquitoes dare to say a word if they were in front of me. They would put on a fake smile, and kneel if I wanted them to. They were sympathizing with that woman, urging my fiancee to void the engagement and wishing I was burned to death. That was funny.

 

 

How are you going to burn a who lives in hell?















 

  - to be continued-
_________________________________

✒ JunKudo/@RenOgura

(JunKudo) A/N: It'll be pretty smooth starting from now on with the project an all plus relationship development then one huge event then , then resolution. Can't wait to write the .

This chapter actually went through a lot of editing because I changed it. Nayeon was originally didn't fall into the water as well. She just pushed Mina and told her not to trip next time and Chaeyoung was supposed to dry Mina's hair not combed it. This gives me the same feelings with chapter Cinderella and I don't like it so I change the flow. I want to emphasize a different emotions on Mina and this chapter shows it which is quite visible. I hope you guys see it.