Garden

Ransomed Fiancée

Chaeyoung

 

 

A week had passed since the day we misunderstood each other and me doing something I'd never thought I would just because of my own stupid dare. I danced, for her and she seemed to enjoy it. She laughed. A burst of laughter that I'd never heard coming from her. It was nice. Hearing her laughed and it was even nicer that I was the reason. When I'd recovered from the aura attack, she turned to her usual self. Elegant and demure, that angry bird that I'd encountered the other day was gone. However, she managed to make her point. I shouldn't take her lightly. She could fight, and she would if she needed to. She was wise and reminded me of how well she grasped the situation and how aware she was of her importance. She was indeed a dangerous woman.
 

 

I took Hyun's advice and gathered my thoughts. The whole week, I forced myself to accept that Mina was my partner, that she was equally valuable and significant to my plan. Without her, without her help, I wouldn't be here. I knew exactly what was wrong with me and I had to suppress that feeling. That immense desire to have power over anything, over anyone. This desire and superiority complex of mine was failing everything. I had to restrain. I had to let her in. She was doing so well. I had lots of things that I should be thankful for.
 

 

On Tuesday evening, I waited for her in the living room, pacing and fidgeting with the bow wrapped around my waist. I turned the television off, shutting my favorite song, baby shark for a moment. I couldn't concentrate. Damn thing wouldn't lay flat no matter what I did as if I had forgotten how to tie a proper knot. It wasn't as though I was nervous. I had nothing to be nervous about. Mina and I were simply going to say a few words, sign a piece of paperand be done with the formality of marriage. It was another layer in my plans. Simple. It meant nothing. I yanked at the silk again. Why wouldn't this ing tie lay flat?


 

"Keep pulling it like that and there won't be any material left, Chaeyoung. What did that tie ever do to you?"
 

 

I glanced up, startled. Mina leaned against the wall, looking equally as nervous however, much prettier. She was wearing a simplewhite dress that hugged her narrow waist. The bottom was flared out and had ruffles in the shape of a fish cut as those of a mermaid's attire. She looked like a mermaid in her dress. The top was lacy and showed off her slender neck and arms. Her hair was pinned backhanging to one side in a cascade of curls. The champagne hue of her dress accented her coloring.
 

 

"Oh wow, you just mermaid my day" I joked. She scoffed and walked towards me. I looked down, grinning at her shoes-small with a tiny heelthey were perfect. I had gotten used to the way she fit under my arm, and nowI didn't want her any taller. It was enough that she was taller than me. I approached her, lifting her hand, kissing it, "You look lovely"
 

 

She lowered her eyes, then straightened her shoulders. "Thank you."
 

 

"No. Thank you"


 

"For?" She tilted her head.


 

I hummed, "Where would you like me to start? For agreeing to this arrangement in the first place. For sticking to your word, even though you had every right to tell me to go to hell. For keeping up with me and tolerate my behavior" Reaching over, I twisted a long curl around my finger rubbing the soft strands of her hair releasing it, letting it curl back into place, "For being a better person than I am" I added with complete honesty.
 

 

Her eyes were bright, "That's the nicest thing you have ever said to me."
 

 

"I know. I haven't tried very hard not to be such an , have I?" I met her gaze refusing to look away. "I'll try harder" She worked away at the inside of her cheek furiously. "Enough, Minari." I chuckled drawing my finger down her cheek. "No blood on our wedding day." The corners of her lips curled into a smile. I bent over and picked up the small gift I had gotten for her, holding out the bouquet of flowers, "For you. I thought you would like them" She didn't have to know that the bouquet was bought by Hoon, our doormat. Although I didn't buy it myself, Hoon get it under my order so basically it was from me? I'd assume that was right.


 

"I-----" She trailed off, feeling self unconscious. She buried her nose in the small bouquet, "I love them" She smiled before it was soon turned to a slight frown, "What about you?"
 

 

"I'm not carrying a bouquet." I smirked, wanting to lighten the serious tone we had taken. She shook her head with a grinand went over to the drawerrummaging around. She picked through her bouquet and snipped one of the roses then carefully pinned it to my lapel. I was costumed today in a simple dress given by Nayeon with an extra touch that was added last minute. She delivered it two days ago and texted me.
 

 

Mina's small fingers twisted and smoothed the bow into place. She patted the material, looking pleased, "There. Now you're ready."


 

"Are you ready?" I asked, almost fearful of her answer. She nodded and crooked my arm. I smiled, kissing her cheek, "Let's get married."
 

 

It was a simple ceremony. Solely the two of us with witnesses neither of us knew. I purposely kept it private and had informed the Chairman, closest family and board members that the wedding would take place secretly. We already had an extravagant engagement party, we didn't need another fancy ceremony filled with mosquitoes that kept following us with their never-ending camera flashes. Today was quite a special day though it didn't really mean anything, still I wanted Mina to be comfortable. Even if she didn't show it, I knew she was anxious and on edge whenever she was surrounded by people she sometimes didn't even know.


 

Words were spoken, short vows exchanged. The celebrant smiled, "By the love that has brought you here today and by the vows you have pledged, it is my great honor to now pronounce you spouse and spouse"


 

I slipped a slim band on with her diamondand as she requested, I allowed her to put an unassuming platinum band onto my finger. I stared down at my hand, flexing my fingers and tightening my fist, the cold metal touch alien on my skin. Mina watched me and I grinned at her, "Marked as taken now so I guess it's official."


 

The Justice of the Peace chuckled, "It is once you kiss your bride." I leaned closer, our gazes locking. I brushed my mouth over hers, wrapping my hand around her neck, drawing her tight to me and kissing her deeply. It was my right, after all-she was my wife. When I drew back, she opened her eyes and I was startled at the honest gentleness of her gaze. Her smile was a genuine one and I returned it fully, dropping another swift kiss on her full lips.
 

 

"We're married, Chaengie" I wasn't sure why those words pleased me yet they did.
 

 

"We are, Minari. Now, we have to go have dinner with the Hirai family. What are the chances they're keeping it low-key?"


 

"Slim to none-but you were the one who agreed to it."
 

 

"I know. Don't remind me. Let's sign the papers and go face the music." I wrapped my hands around her waist and we walked out. We pulled up in front of the Hirai's residence. I shifted my gaze into park and glanced around with a sigh of relief. "No extra cars. Thank goodness." I looked over at Miss Myoui. Mina. Mrs Son. My wife. Holy shiitake mushroom cake. I was married. "Thank you. I mean itMina. I really do. I'm sorry for what had happened recently. I'll try to be better. It isn't easy, but I'll restrain. For you"


 

"That's good. We're not talking about it at the moment. Right now, your new boss and her family are having a celebration dinner for us. Smileand act like you adore me" She smiled, throwing back my words at me. With those words, she got out of the car and bent down, "Are you coming?" Stunned, I could only nod.
 

 

It was probably as toned down as the Hirai could handle. The back deck was set up with an extravagant table with tulle and small lights wrapped around the area flowers and candles flickering in the light breeze. In the corner, there was another small table with a wedding cake. Mina's eyes were huge when she looked at me. "How did they do this in a day?"
 

 

"The benefit of money and connections" I muttered. I had to admit, I was impressed. Our hosts beamed at us when we arrived. Momo wrapping Mina up in a tight hug. Mr Kimi clapped me on the shoulder, congratulating me and I suffered through the hugs and handshakes from the rest of the family. They were certainly a touchy bunch. I stepped back, grabbing Mina's hand like a talisman. Maybe if I touched her, they'd all stop hugging me. Dinner was extravagant. The champagne was plentiful but this time, I kept my head. I only sipped at the wine and consumed water most of the evening.
 

 

There might not have been any pictures at the ceremony but Momo and Hana made up for it with their phone, constantly snapping pictures and calling out for kisses. Luckily, Mina had drunk enough this time. She didn't seem to mind. In fact, she tilted up her face eagerly smiling and accepting my caresses. Copying the other couples at the table, I kept my arm around her most of the time, running my fingers over her exposed skin. On occasion, I would turn and drop a kiss to the softness of her shoulder or neck and whisper some inane comment into her ear making her smile or laugh. We were the picture of a happy couple in love.


 

Momo turned to her at one point, "Oh, Minatang! I almost forgot. I teach dance classes and a new one starts next week! Please come! You'll love it."
 

 

Mina's eyes flared with interest, "Oh, I'd like that. When?"


 

"Friday nights. It's a six-week course for beginners. There's a break, then we move onto the next level."
 

 

The light in her eyes dimmed, "I can't-Friday is music night at the home. Local groups come in and entertain the residents. I take Sana to all of them; she loves going. I would hate not to be with her; she might not go without me."
 

 

The fact going to dance was something Mina wanted, made me want to give it to her. So, I spoke up, "I'll go with her" Mina snapped her head, staring at me curiously. I smiled, "You go to the class. You are great at dancing. I'll go have dinner with Sana and take her to the lounge." I nudged her carefully, "You know, I love music." I winked, teasing her.
 

 

"That's great!" Hana enthused.
 

 

"It's every Friday" Mina pointed out.


 

"That's fine" I liked all types of music. It didn't really matter to me, "I guess Sana and I have a date every Friday for a while."


 

She leaned closer and whispered, "Are you sure?"
 

 

"Yes" I murmured back, "I'd like to spend some time with your sister" I met her eyes, "Honestly." I added.
 

 

She kissed my cheek, "Thank you" she breathed in my ear.


 

Turning, I caught , "You're welcome" I sat back with a sigh. I was pleased, I ould do something for her. I saw Mrs Eri looking at me, nodding her approval. I looked down, almost flustered over her silent support. What an odd, emotional day. After dinner, Hana had us move the table off to one side, freeing up the space, insisting we needed to dance. I was grateful we had practiced. I held out my hand grinning at Mina, "Ready to dance with your spouse?"
 

 

Her smile was shybut realas she slipped her hand into mine, "I am, love. Just don't use all your energy on the dance floor.


 

I winked, "Don't worry about that sweetheart" I twirled her onto the dance floor amid the laughter. She nestled into me as we moved to the music. Once again it struck me how well she fit with me. I could smell her soft scent and enjoyed the silk of her hair on my skin. I beamed as we spun around, our steps in sync. I had chosen the perfect fake wife. There were more hugs, well wishes and catcalls when we left. We were both quiet in the car. I kept glancing over at Mina, "Are you all right?"


 

Leaning against the headrest, she nodded, "I'm fine. It was a nice day."


 

"Okay for a shotgun wedding to an ?"


 

"Ranks right up in my top ten." She pointed upwards with her index finger. I chuckled. Her humorous side came out more every day. She turned to the Hirai residence that was becoming far as we drove away. She smiled, "I like them all. They're a wonderful group."
 

 

"They like you."


 

"I'm trying not to feel guilty" She admitted. "They are being so kind and we are lying to them"
 

 

"No one is going to get hurt here, Mina. I'm going to do my best for the Hirai. They'll get someone as committed as any of the family is to making sure their company thrives."
 

 

"Still, after....." She trailed off, looking down at her fingers.
 

 

"Let's worry about that later. It's months away-longer. The successor formality hasn't even started yet. Don't dwell on it."
 

 

She was quiet for a moment, "Thank you for offering to spend time with Sana."
 

 

I shrugged. I was grateful she had let it go, "As I said, I need to know her. As your spouse, I should. It would only be natural"
 

 

She hummed in agreement, "I think you convinced them. Even Mrs Eri" She added. "She was watching us and I think she liked what she saw"
 

 

"Indeed. Thank you. Another excellent job Miss Myoui."
 

 

"That's Mrs. Son, thank you."
 

 

An odd ripple went through my chest at her words. "I stand corrected. Mrs. Son."
 

 

She turned her face, looking out the window, "And it wasn't only a job" She whispered so low, I almost missed it. I had no reply to her statement. For some reason though, I found her hand in the darkness and squeezed it. It stayed clasped with hers all the way home.
 

 

She fell asleep before we arrived at our building. I knew she was exhausted after last night and the events of the day. So I decided to let her sleep. I eased open the door, lifting her out and carrying her up to the villa. She nuzzled in my arms with her head resting on my shoulder. I found myself unable to look away from her as the elevator whisked us upward, to the second floor. Once in her room, I laid her on the bed, unsure what to do about her dress. She roused a little and with my encouragement, we managed to get the dress over her headthen she fell back already asleep. I crouched beside the bed taking in her sleeping form. Lace that matched her dress, covered her s, a triangle of the same silk covered her untouched from my eyes.
 

 

Although, I had always thought she wasn't my type, to my surprise, I found the delicate curves and dips of her body enchanting. I reached out and was about to trace my finger over her collarbone but stopped midway. Her delicate skin, her fragile look. I didn't dare to touch her, not without her knowing. I think I know why. Affair and were normal to me, and I enjoyed it, not because of pleasure like how most people thought. Now I had foreign feelings. It was different. Though I couldn't pinpoint what was it.
 

 

She shivered in her sleep, curling up on her side, mumbling something incoherent. She bent and curled her toes, resuming her sleep. She was cold. I hastily dragged up her duvet to her chin. I pushed back the dark curls of her hair and studied her face. The face, I had called plain. It was anything but plain. Her cheekbones were too prominent and she was still too thin yet I knew now she was in a safe place, able to eat properly and have fewer worries. All of her would fill out more. The weariness would be erased from under her eyes and the quiet honest beauty others saw and I had finally discovered would shine through.
 

 

I shook my head at the weird thoughts I was having regarding Mina. Today had been filled with emotions, rarely if ever felt. I knew without a doubt, it was because of the woman in front of me. Still, I didn't understand why. My body stirred at the sight of her and a fresh wave of shame hit me. I shouldn't be ogling her while she slept no matter how appealing she looked. I stood up and switched off the light. I left her door open and retired to my own room, getting ready for the night.
 

 

I took a shower, attempting to extinguish the raging fire inside me. I drew a deep breath that didn't calm my racing pulse. The cold shower I'd just taken hadn't helped as much as I'd hoped. Mina, what were you doing to me? This feeling, this desire, what exactly was it? Was it the same desire I had towards the women I slept with? I sighed. Crossing the room, I opened my door wide, even though I knew there would be no comforting wheezes for her tonight. I slid into bed, a strange yearning drifting through my head. Wishing she were lying here, beside me.
 

 

The next morning, Mina greeted me with only a bath towel wrapped around her body, concealing the most beautiful part of her. Her hair was caught in a bun and wet black strands escaped, clinging to her neck. There was bubble soap at her elbow and shoulder. My breath caught in my throat at the sight of her. She stood shyly in the doorway, hugging herself with her arms and small hand. She tried to cover as much skin as she could. Her eyes lowered modestly. A trace of a flush had mounted behind the delicate pink tinting of her cheeks. She looked like a healthy infant. How could anyone be looking so soft?
 

 

It seemed that she was waiting for me to say something and when I hadn't said a word. She spoke up and explained that the water wasn't running and I didn't, couldn't pay attention to her words. The hidden beauty had turned into a melting goddess. Something ached in me, I looked away and brushed it off. I stood up and led her to sit on the chair in my bedroom whilst I contacted a plumber to fix the problem. This villa was a little far from the city and was built around trees. This issue occurred sometimes but it would be solved in no time.
 

 

Because of Mina, I allowed myself to fall back into the cold shower mode before going to work. I still had time hence I stopped by Hyun's office, not for a check-up visit but because I desperately needed a solution. Answers to my questions last night. I sat across Hyun who was still wearing the blue surgical attire as she just finished performing one. I voiced out my thoughts. Everything, images that had been plaguing my mind.
 

 

Hyun listened until I was done, not even once she interrupted me. She looked rather intrigued. She hummed and took off her face mask, "So, you are saying that Mina is unconsciously seducing you. That she might have used black magic and now you are seeing Mina everywhere, waving at you while still in a bathrobe and it caused you a great distres---"
 

 

"Yes yes yes, you don't have to continue. Now, give me a solution or whatever medicine" I cut her off, already embarrassed at this situation.
 

 

"Well, try this. It might help" She slid a book across the table and I stared at it, doubting. She had a suspicious smirk on her face that I didn't find anywhere trustable. Yet, it was worth a try. I brought the book with me to work. The hadn't been any update about the successor formality's project. All I could do now was to wait for it and since it hadn't started yet, I had some free time. There was nothing much to do today, so I followed Hyun's suggestion.
 

 

I slumped on the seat behind my desk and opened the book, flipping through it. I studied it and chanted, "Hallelujah, Hallelujah" Yes, it was a holy book. This felt weird. Am I doing it right? I sighed and shook my head. What was wrong with me? This was childish. I was about to close the book when I felt something poked my neck. I looked over to my left and saw a very very mini Mina floating at my shoulder. She was smirking at me while blowing a kiss. Her giggle rang in my ears. I vigorously shook my head, throwing away the hallucination, "Hallelujah!" Dammit. I'm being delusional. Something was definitely wrong with me.
 

 

"I didn't know you become a church girl. Did you decide to join Dahyun every Sunday?" A voice interrupted. I looked up and saw Tzuyu leaning against the wall with her arms crossed. A playful smirk tugged on her lips. I rolled my eyes, and closed the book. She went closer and sat on the edge of my table. I glared at her. Rude. She chuckled before jumping off and settled on the couch, "I heard some interesting story from Hyun. Follow me, I'll give you answer and helps you"
 

 

I really shouldn't trust these two. I didn't understand what she meant by giving me answer. When the sun set and I'd done with work, Tzuyu pulled me to her car. I hadn't had the chance to decline when she dragged me to a place I'm so familiar with. Moonlight Night Club. The bar was swamped with people; the alcohol was flowing into glasses nonstop. The lights were dimmed, and the strobe lights bounced off the walls, floors, and ceilings. The dance floor was crowded with bodies tangled together. With the music blaring loud, the bass made the room shake, glow stick jewelry dancing to beat.
 

 

We went to the second floor. The particular entrance was blocked off and guarded by bulky man with a thick neck, no hair and unsmiling face, who stepped in our way as we approached. Tzuyu flashed a card and they bowed before stepping aside. We entered and the place was empty. There was only a man inside. A bartender stood behind a desk. He was mixing rum and coke. Tzuyu pulled me to him. He instantly recognized us but the code was needed to enter the Garden. Tzuyu tapped the desk with her fingertips twice, "Bermuda black with gin" Hearing that, he nodded and turned and pulled open a velvet curtain hanging on the wall, revealing a set of different masks lining up. He took two, masks that specially served for me and Tzuyu. He slid it across the table.
 

 

I stared at the plain striped tiger mask. I hadn't worn it for months and I hadn't set foot here since the engagement. The wall at the corner of the room slid open revealing an elevator. We went to the highest floor, then down a hall and through a full-body scan security airlock--the scanner between series of steels door.
 

 

We arrived at the doorway. It was decorated with a hanging bead curtain which concealed the private space behind. The man that guarded on each side nodded and stepped aside. We walked through it. Inside was a cluster of small, low tables with cushions on the tiled floor. There were palm tree surrounding the palce.
 

 

I inhaled. This sickening smell. The smell of women, raw animal scent of domination and want along with the intoxicating fragrance. Of competition, them all just a few steps short of hissing and howling despite looking composed and collected. Everyone here was just a ing predator, like I am.
 

 

A woman approached us. She was dressed in black, with an elaborate bird-design head ornament and carries a lute wrapped in a red cloth with stellar designs. She didn't entertain the customer but she performed occasionally with her instrument, "Tiger, haven't seen you around for a while. Looking for a flower maiden? We have some fresh one arrives today from China and Thailand. Orchid isn't here. It's her free day" It was the madam, owner of this garden. Her voice had gained some attention. They turned their head towards me. Eyes behind the various animal masks were staring at me.


 

For the records, I had the most and the best flowers amongst all of them. I understood their grudge though it wasn't my fault that their wallet couldn't keep up with their desire. Once a flower maiden was yours, it worked directly under you and only you had power over them. They were prohibited to meddle or work with other customers. In other words, I owned them. The master had to support their flowers financially until I decided to let them go and the auction would begin again. But, their status inside this garden changed. Rather than flower maidens, they were label as slaves. They wouldn't be treated nicely. That was the reason I didn't free my flowers.
 

 

Tzuyu nudged me, "That's too bad, your favorite girl is absent. Well, pick a new one and release that beast. It's been a long time isn't it?" She tilted her head towards the stage. The ceremony had begun. Every six months, there would be a new set of flowers replacing the one that had retired. Few men wearing a white bow pushed a glass box towards the center of the stage. Inside the box was a woman, sitting down. A cheery blossom. I concluded, seeing the pink flower tattoo on her neck and the label on the glass.
 

 

A woman with a deer mask raised her hand, "Eighty thousand" The room quieted for a while before another customer with an owl mask put a higher price. It continued on and on.
 

 

A flashed of light blinded me. I frowned and looked around the place. What was that? I shook my head and started to walk away, "I'm going"


 

Tzuyu grabbed my arm, "Where?"


 

I gritted my teeth and held up my ring finger, "Home. I'm going home, Tzuyu. I have a wife for sake."
 

 

"Fake wife." She retorted, correcting me. She took off my ring and slipped it inside my pocket. I pressed my lips. I could say nothing to her witty remark. She was right. I knew that. That marriage was just part of my plan. I knew that but I was also in the right mind to figure out that this was wrong. I should leave this place as soon as possible. I was about to yank her hand off when Tzuyu tightened her grip, "You want an answer right?" She let go of her hand and looked at the stage before diverted her gaze to the Madam, "We'll take that one. The Cheery Blossom. Three-hundred thousand" She said then turned to me, smiling, "You prefer a bright and bold flower, aren't you? Have a good time"
 

 

I didn't know how I ended up in this room. My private room in Garden. Why the hell I agreed with Tzuyu? She pushed and basically dragged me here. Answer, how could I get an answer by staying here? I sat at the edge of the bed. The lights flickered on. I roamed my eyes around. The room was filled with fancy furniture, leather sofas and glass tables. A chandelier dangling above. The walls were covered with handcuffed, latex suits, whips with torn and nails. All hanging from hooks on the purple wall.
 

 

I looked at the contraption standing in the middle of the room. It was a machine built into two parts. The first like a wooden horse that you can lay upon. With multiple cuffs to lock your limbs by its side, even a harness to keep your body still, a bridle to keep your mouth sealed. The second part stood behind, looking like a giant drill with attached to its chuck. I closed my eyes and recalled every woman that had laid there. Their expression, their submission.
 

 

I fluttered my eyes opened when I heard footsteps nearing. A woman stood across me with only lingerie and pink silk robe. Peach Cherry Blossom tattoo on her chest. I stared at her deeply then lowered my eyes. She abided to my order, following my gaze and knelt on the floor. She moved seductively toward me, crawling and sliding on all fours, her hips swaying, her cleavage showing. She reached my feet and laid her head on my knees. At that moment, I had imagined Mina sitting before me. I felt my face softened. I held her chin, rubbing my thumb across her skin. She rose upright and straddled me. My finger traced her collarbone, to her flat stomach. She slid off her robe and unhooked her bra. Pulling my head towards her, my face buried into her chest.


 

I closed my eyes and inhaled. Her scent. She smelt good. I wondered how Mina's scent was like. She cupped my cheeks. I leaned closer to her hand. Her soft touch. I wondered how it felt. Mina's touch. I wrapped my hand around her waist. The feeling of her body flushed against mine. I wondered how it felt.


 

A burning sensation woke me up. I shot my eyes opened and looked up. Realization hit me. She wasn't Mina. She was not my wife. This woman on my lap had directly touched my skin, and it angered me. My fury boiling. I caught her wrist with a crushing grip. She flinched, startled as she turned to me, "Do you wish to die?" I spoke, pushing her off me. She fell to the bed.
 

 

Never. I had never let anyone touch me. The girls that I hooked up with, the flowers maiden, I had never permitted them to touch me, my body with their filthy hands. But now it wasn't because of my messed-up mindset that always saw them as cheap lowly . It was plainly because I didn't want to be touched, not by anyone but my wife. you, Tzuyu.
 

 

I marched towards the door and halted when I heard the small whimper coming from the woman behind me. A Cherry Blossom. That was what she was known here. A flower maiden lost her name once she entered the garden. She was new here. She must be confused and scared. Mina's scolding voice appeared in my mind. Mina wanted me to be a better person. I turned around and saw her holding her bruised wrist.
 

 

I walked to her and squatted, "I'm sorry. I was being harsh. You are my flower and I will be gone for a long time. I might never return here. But I will still support you financially until you find a better place. As long as you are here, you are under me and no one can touch you. You are free"


 

Her eyes were glassy and red. Even if she didn't say it, I could see the relief in her eyes. I smiled, sparing her one last glance before leaving the room. Down the hallway, Tzuyu was leaning against the wall, flirting with some girls. She noticed me and sipped her wind. I walked past here, "Got your answer?" She asked.
 

 

I paused and glared at her, "Crystal clear"


 

All my questions had been answered. I slept with multiple women because of power and control, not because of pleasure. I enjoyed seeing them knelt, begging and crying. I liked the feeling of having full authority over a person. They would bark if I want them to, they would do anything I desired. I loved to step on them. It was pleasurable to see them submit and dominated. I wanted people to be weak, a lot weaker than me. Maybe because I was tired. I was tired of being so vulnerable and helpless. I didn't want to be the same kid locked in a basement. I wanted to be stronger, powerful. I wanted to be feared.
 

 

However, Mina was different. This feeling, this aching feeling I had towards Mina. It wasn't power. No, it was not the desire to control her or dominate her. I raced back home and parked my car. It was already past two a.m. I hoped she hadn't been asleep yet. I badly wanted to hug her. I dug my wedding ring from my pocket and slipped it back inside my finger. I walked inside the house. Her sitting figure on the coach took me by surprise. She sat upright. Her body looked tense and rigid. I was a little confused but when she stood and turned around to face me, the small smile she had comforted me.
 

 

We stared at each other. She was just a few meters away. All I have to do was reach out and grab her and I did exactly that. I couldn't help myself. I walked fast and pulled her to me. I needed this woman more than I could ever express myself. More than I could say aloud to myself. I wanted her. Not for pleasure, not for power, for control or domination. I just wanted her, simple as that. She felt so good. Embracing her, her body flushed against mine, felt so nice. I didn't know if I could ever bring myself to let go. Was this what they called, lust? A pure lust?
 

 

"Where have you been?" She spoke. I noticed her hands dangling by her side. She didn't return the hug.
 

 

I didn't know what to answer her question. I couldn't possibly tell her about the Garden. She might misunderstand the situation again, "Office" I said, a little nervous.
 

 

She was silent for a while. Soon, I felt her arms wrapped around me. Her hug was tight. I couldn't help but smile. A wide grin across my face. When I thought, everything now was fine and the heaviness that had been disturbing me since yesterday ceased to exist, Mina proved me wrong. Her soft sobs surprised me. My shirt was drenched with her tears. Her shoulder shook. I panicked and was about to pull away and check up on her but she instead tightening the hug,
 

 

"Why would you lie? You went to a club, Chaeyoung, not office. Why would you lie? What are you hiding from me? Do I even deserve to know? I can't even get mad at you or get worried that you were late. I have no right" She mumbled, burying her face in the crook of my neck, trying to muffle her crying.
 

 

My heart ached as though it were covered with wounds, and my soul was full of mute, unquenchable tears. I didn't have anything to say to her. I was in rage over whoever or whatever had brought her to this state. But it was no other than me. I caused her to cry. And worse, I had no excuses, I couldn't reply to her. Apologize for lying? Maybe I should do that. Would that make things better? I broke her trust before it even recovered from the previous crack. She slowly pulled away and disappeared into her room, without any other words, without a glance.
 

 

I slumped heavily on the couch and massaged my head. What just happened? I sighed and saw a couple of pictures scattered on the table. I examined it and realized it was me, inside the pictures. That was how Mina knew. I crumpled it and threw it away.

 

 

Who the !?
















 

 

 

- to be continued-

__________________________________

RenOgura/JunKudo

Unedited.

This chapter is based on a great Manhwa; Moonlight Garden.

When there's fluff.....there's angst :>

I know, too much emotion in one chapter isn't it? Hope you guys enjoy this chapter.