For Old Time's Sake

The Last Summer of the Boys

Despite the fact that the boys were together all the time, they had all been so busy working that they hadn't really had a moment to just have fun, all of them together. But tonight they had set aside a time for them all to hang out as a big group, like they had back when they were campers. 

There were way too many of them to all fit in one cabin so they had cleared out the dining hall to use. 

"So, what should we do?" Jaehyun asked the group. 

"How about truth or dare?" Donghyuck suggested. "For old time's sake." Everyone very quickly agreed, and the game began. 

"I'll start," Renjun spoke up. "Yukhei, truth or dare?" 

"Let's start with a dare!" 

Renjun thought for a moment. "Show us the craziest scar you have." 

Yukhei thought for a moment. "Well, it's only kind of a scar..." He pulled down the shoulder of his shirt to reveal a little tattoo inked onto the top of his arm. Everyone leaned in close to take a look. 

"Brah?" Sicheng mumbled. 

"Why do you have a tattoo that says 'brah'?" Johnny asked. 

"My frat bros dared me to, okay?" Yukhei explained. 

"And you...actually did it?" Kun asked. 

"Of course, it was a dare!" Yukhei pulled his shirt back up. "Taeyong, truth or dare?" 

"Um, truth." 

"You and Ten travelled around a lot, right? So what was the craziest thing you did while you travelled?" 

"Uh..." Taeyong and Ten looked at each other, sharing a silent conversation. They both smiled and Taeyong turned back to Yukhei. "So, when Ten and I were in Italy we went to the Vatican, right? And while we were there..." They shared a little giggle. 

"Oh no," Yuta mumbled. 

"Please," Doyoung begged. "Please tell me you guys did not have in the vatican..." 

"...we did," Taeyong admitted. Everyone else immediately went crazy, yelling and staring at them in shock. 

"But why would you do that?" Taeil asked. 

"We had to, alright?" Taeyong answered. 

"No! No you did not!" Kun spoke. 

"See, I just want to know where you could even get away with that..." Mark said. 

"In the bathrooms of the modern art section," Taeyong responded. 

Mark nodded slowly and everyone else just sort of looked at the couple awkwardly. 

Taeyong cleared his throat. "Anyways...Jisung, truth or dare?" 

Jisung's face immediately fell. Not only did he hate hearing about his pseudo parent's lives, he also knew Taeyong was going to give him something involving Chenle. He decided to opt for the slightly less dangerous option. 

"Truth," he answered, and Taeyong gave him a suspicious smile. 

"Hm...who do you think is the most objectively attractive person here?" He asked. Jisung rolled his eyes; Taeyong knew exactly who he thought was the most objectively attractive person here. 

"Um...Chenle. Jeno, truth or dare?" He asked immediately, wanting the attention off of himself as soon as possible. 

"Dare?" Jeno hesitantly answered. 

"It's been a while since you've seen Jaemin, right? So...go kiss him. Show him how much you missed him," Jisung said. 

Jeno turned to Jaemin and immediately his boyfriend pulled him into a deep, passionate kiss. As soon as they got comfortable with each other Jaemin was always touchy and now was no exception, his hands trailing Jeno's waist. The dare was much needed; Jeno and Jaemin hadn't really gotten a chance to do this yet and it felt good but Jeno knew the promise he made that lurked behind the passion of Jaemin's kiss. So as quickly as he could without seeming weird, he pulled away. Jaemin looked him in the eyes and gave him a knowing smile and Jeno didn't know what to do. 

"Taeil, truth or dare?" Jeno asked. He breathed a sigh of relief when Jaemin rested his head on his shoulder, not noticing anything was wrong. 

"Truth please," he answered. 

"What's the best part about getting to live with your boyfriend?" 

"The ," Taeil firmly answered, then laughed. "No! Just kidding. It's raising our cat babies together, one hundred percent." 

"I feel the same," Johnny mumbled softly. They sweetly held hands and Ten and Taeyong grimaced. 

"Alright. Donghyuck, truth or dare?" 

"What the hell do you think? Dare of course." 

"Hm..." Taeil grinned. "Alright, since you're a college student and you had an absolutely massive glow up and all...I dare you to give us all a little ." 

"Oh yeah," Donghyuck answered, not even an ounce of embarrassment on his face unlike Mark, who had immediately turned beet red. Slowly, he stripped off his clothes while everyone looked on with varying degrees of surprise. Mark curled up in a little ball, covering his entire face. But everyone could tell he was secretly grinning.

When he was done he winked at his boyfriend, throwing his pants back on but leaving his shirt off, wrapping an arm around Mark's shoulders. 

"Donghyuck, I personally am disgusted by the fact that I'm even slightly attracted to you now," Johnny said. 

"I know," Jeno added. "Why did you have to get hot?" 

"And when the hell did you get a tattoo?" Renjun added. 

"Because," Donghyuck said with a little shrug. 

"I was more embarrassed than you," Mark admitted. 

"Alrighty, who is my first victim..." Donghyuck looked around the dining hall. "Chenle, truth or dare?" 

"Dare!" Chenle said excitedly. 

"Go kiss Jisung." 

Chenle gave him the hardest glare he had ever given anybody in his life. Jisung stared at the floor like his soul had left his body. 

"B-but," Chenle started, beginning to chuckle awkwardly. "But that's my best friend!" Literally everyone but Jisung knew he wasn't really protesting. The smile was still etched onto his face and his words sounded false to their ears. 

"Yeah! It'll be awkward!" Jisung added, and literally everyone but Chenle knew he wasn't protesting either. Taeyong had to put his hand over Ten's mouth to stop him from laughing. 

"Oh my god guys..." Donghyuck started. 

"Fine! Fine! We'll do it!" Chenle spoke, and he and Jisung turned to each other. 

They were frozen. The nervous energy could have been cut with a knife. 

Chenle was bold enough to make the first move and just surged forward, pressing their lips together. Honestly... the moment was even better than he had expected. And he had expected a lot. 

Both of them were far too nervous to let it last and they pulled away almost as quickly as they leaned in, both turning to stare at their laps before they could lock eyes. 

"Come on, that was barely even a real-" Donghyuck started until Taeyong shut him up. 

"A-anyways," Chenle spoke, forcing out a little laugh. "Sicheng, truth or dare?" 

Everyone was so distracted by Chenle and Jisung's kiss that it took Sicheng a minute to answer. "Um...dare." 

"Go show Yuta how much you missed him," Chenle answered cheerfully, punctuating his words with a wink. He was always good at covering up his turbulent feelings. 

"Thank you Chenle," Yuta said with a chuckle as Sicheng fell into his arms, making out with all of the passion and love they possibly could. Renjun made a gagging noise and they pulled away to glare at him. 

"Really, that's Ten and Taeyong level bad," Doyoung scolded. 

"Well they deserve it!" Jaehyun responded. 

Sicheng smiled and gave Chenle an appreciative nod before looking around the circle. He nervously glanced at Yuta; there was something he wanted to ask him but he was afraid. He needed him to be honest, and maybe this would be the best time, because if he was lying others could call him out. 

"Yuta, truth or dare?" Sicheng asked. 

Yuta looked back at him in confusion. "Um...truth?" 

"Yuta...did you like anyone while I was away?" 

"No," he answered immediately. Sicheng searched his face but he couldn't find even a hint of a lie. 

"R-really?" 

Yuta nodded and smiled. "Didn't I tell you I spent all those years just waiting for you to come back?" 

"Aw!" Donghyuck cooed. 

Sicheng smiled to himself and looked down at the ground with pride. Yuta sweetly kissed his cheek. "You have nothing to worry about," he mumbled in his ear. 

"Love you," Sicheng mumbled back. 

"Yes my turn!" Yuta cheered. He looked at Yukhei for a moment before remembering he'd already gone, then shaking his head. But then he looked at Jungwoo and smirked to himself. This round needed a bit more drama; since they didn't want to push Chenle and Jisung any further, maybe it was time he stirred the pot with those two. 

"Jungwoo, truth or dare?" 

"Truth," Jungwoo quietly answered. 

"Do you regret breaking up with Yukhei?" 

Immediately, the whole room fell silent. Yukhei started fidgeting and Jungwoo's breath rate climbed higher. Suddenly, the pair made eye contact for the first time since they came to camp, and they couldn't look away. 

"Please don't lie," Yukhei mouthed to Jungwoo. Jungwoo gave him the tiniest of nods and turned back to Yuta. 

"I...I do." 

The silence seemed to grow thicker. 

"J-Jaehyun, truth or dare?" 

"Um...dare." 

"Go...go measure your and s-see how big it is," Jungwoo said, letting the craziest thing he could think of spew out of his mouth, anything to get the attention off of him. 

Everyone started giggling under their breath, Jungwoo's confession almost forgotten (by everyone but a very shell shocked Yukhei and Jisung who was still distracted enough to not have even heard it), and the tips of Jaehyun's ears turned red. 

"There's a ruler in the kitchen," Renjun said gleefully, and Jaehyun headed over to go see. 

Once he was gone Johnny turned to Doyoung. "What's your estimation?" 

Doyoung glared at him. "I'm not answering that." 

"Come on, don't be lame," Donghyuck piped up. 

"Well am I supposed to tell? I've never seen anybody else's..." 

Just then Jaehyun came back and smiled, sitting down next to Doyoung and nodded contemplatively. "Not bad...not bad at all." 

"So, what was it?" Ten asked. 

"Almost exactly seven inches," Jaehyun admitted. 

"Above average; pretty good," Yuta answered. 

Jaehyun waggled his eyebrows at Doyoung who glared back at him before looking around the room. "Kunnie, truth or dare?" 

"After that one, I'm going with truth." 

"What, is yours-" Donghyuck started before earning a particularly hard arm wack from Kun. 

"Alright, you've always been the single one. Have you had any romances these past few years we've all been apart?" 

Kun slammed his fist on the table. "No! No I have not! I am so ing single." 

"Maybe it's because of your small p-" 

"Johnny, truth or dare?" Kun interrupted Donghyuck. 

"Dare," he firmly answered. 

Renjun whispered something in Kun's ear and he nodded, running off to the kitchen. He returned a few minutes later with a cup containing a mysterious concoction and a sly grin on his face. "Drink this then kiss Taeil." 

"Oh no," Taeil mumbled. 

"What is this?" Johnny asked worriedly. 

"It's a secret," Kun answered. Johnny sighed deeply before throwing it back, gagging, then pulling Taeil in for a deep kiss. 

Taeil quickly pushed him away. "Augh, what is that?" He yelled as Johnny got up and downed two glasses of water. As soon as he was done he gave Renjun and Kun astounded looks. 

"What the was that?" He yelled. 

"The bottle says it's maple syrup," Kun explained. "We were about to serve it to the kids but then we tasted it...we're not entirely sure what it actually is; I guess the ingredient list was on the box full of the containers which has long since been recycled. 

"Thank god you didn't serve that," Doyoung mumbled. 

Johnny drank another glass of water and walked back over to his seat. "Jaemin, truth or dare?" 

"I think I'll go with truth." 

"Have you and Jeno..." Johnny raised his eyebrows. 

Jaemin thought for a moment. "No...not," he paused to clear his throat. "yet." 

"Wooo," Chenle cheered. 

"I think the plan is this summer though...right?" Jaemin asked Jeno. 

"Y-yeah," Jeno stuttered, his stomach sinking. "This summer." 

Everyone started leering and teasing them and Jaemin easily went along with it. Jeno just fell silent, shrinking further into himself. But he saw Jaemin looking to him and he gave his usual bright smile, and Jaemin smiled sweetly back. 

"Marky Mark, truth or dare?"

"I think I'll go with dare." 

"Go bug your campers." 

"Jaemin," Mark whined. "Why? They already hate me..." 

"Come on, it'll be funny!" 

"Fine. But I hate you." Mark pouted and stood up, Donghyuck giving him a sympathetic pat before he pushed his way out of the dining hall. 

The boys were chattering amongst themselves when Mark stomped back in twenty minutes later, throwing a baggie onto the table and slumping angrily back next to Donghyuck. 

"What's that?" Chenle mumbled. 

"You're seventeen and you don't know what weed looks like?" Renjun answered. 

"That's weed?" Chenle asked with a gasp. 

"Yes!" Mark cried. "They were high as in the cabin!" He groaned and put his face in his palms, Donghyuck holding him tight and rubbing his back. "They're gonna hate me even more now." 

"Excuse me for asking, but why would you confiscate their weed?" Ten asked. 

"Thank god he did," Doyoung responded. "Do you know how much trouble the camp would get in if their parents found out we had just let them smoke it? Camp Purple would be over." 

"You saved the camp baby boy," Donghyuck cooed. 

"But at what cost?" Mark wailed. They all gave Mark a few minutes to calm down and he eventually sat up, shaking his head and sighing. 

"Ten, truth or dare?" 

"You know what? I'm gonna say truth." 

"I'm going to give you an easy question because I think some people deserve easy truths and easy dares," Mark started. "So, what is your most prized possession." 

Ten thought for a moment. "Oh!" He spoke, looking down at his hand. "Probably my wedding ring." 

"Your what?" Johnny cried. 

"Are you two..." Jungwoo trailed off. 

"Oh yeah, we got hitched like...six months ago or so," Taeyong answered. 

Everyone's jaws dropped, and the silence lasted for a moment before they started screaming. 

"How could you guys get married and not invite us?" Yuta yelled. Chenle looked like he was on the verge of tears. 

"Guys, guys, guys!" Taeyong yelled back, and they all got quiet. "We totally eloped, alright? To be honest, we don't even remember it happening." 

"Like, we went on a drunken bender one night and a few days later we got an email from city hall with copies of our marriage registration papers. We were really confused for a while but we called and turns out we actually did do it. So we just thought it and bought wedding rings and didn't divorce," Ten explained. 

Doyoung shook his head slowly. "Only Ten and Taeyong..." 

"Anyways...oh Doyoung, you haven't gone. Truth or dare?" 

"Dare," Doyoung spit out before remembering that Ten would be the one giving that dare. "I-I mean truth." 

"No take backs!" Ten spoke cheerfully, and Doyoung visibly deflated. "I dare you to do an impression of Jaehyun's ." 

"This is exactly what I was afraid of," Doyoung answered, then sighed and cleared his throat. "Oh, oh my god, Doyoung, AH!" Doyoung grimaced at the ground and Jaehyun stuck his head between his legs. 

"Was that accurate?" Ten asked Jaehyun. Jaehyun paused for a moment then nodded. Doyoung looked like he was about to burst. 

"I'd just like to say that I hate you Ten." 

"You know you love me; I'm your best friend." 

"I do love you and you are my best friend. Doesn't mean I can't hate you." 

"I'd like to add that I also hate you," Jaehyun mumbled. 

"Okay, let's discuss something else," Doyoung spoke. "Renjun, truth or dare?" 

"I'm not gonna take any risks here; I'll say truth." 

"What are you most excited to see happen at camp?" 

"Oh, definitely Kun's romance with eyebrow boy," Renjun answered. 

"His what?" Taeil said, waggling his eyebrows. 

"Ooo, who's this eyebrow boy," Yuta teased. 

"Guys it's three am! I have to get up in two hours!" Kun cried. 

"Oh ," Doyoung mumbled. 

"Let's go to bed," Jeno said. 

"Don't think I'm forgetting this thing about eyebrow boy though! I'll pry tomorrow," Ten said. 

"Go to bed," Kun answered.