Their Favorite Game

The Last Summer of the Boys

Now that there were two new faces among the counselors at Camp Purple, the boys all decided they should do something fun to welcome them in. And what better (and more fitting) way to welcome them than a group game of truth or dare? 

They all crowded around the dining hall at night once the campers were alseep; but they were awake and ready to play. 

"One of the newbies should go first," Donghyuck said. 

"Me!" Hendery said excitedly. "Yukhei, truth or dare?" 

"We have to start with dare!" 

Hendery looked at the cereal and smirked. "You know those things?" 

Everyone paused. "The cereal, you mean?" Sicheng said. 

"Hell yeah," Hendery answered. "Yukhei, you and Jungwoo make out and pass the cereal between your mouths." 

Jungwoo physically gagged. "Won't it get soggy?" Yukhei asked

"That's the fun of it. It's y," Hendery answered. 

Everyone looked at each other with confusion as Jungwoo defeatedly put some lucky charms into his mouth. He leaned over to Yukhei and they kissed and a few moments later, they were separating and Yukhei was spitting them into the trash. 

Yukhei cleared his throat. "Anyways, Kun, truth or dare?" 

Kun sighed. "I'm scared, but I'll do dare." 

Yukhei slowly smiled mischeviously. "Next time you see Xiaojun I dare you to tell him that his eyebrows are y." 

Kun's jaw dropped. "Wait, what?" 

"I know you think it. So admit it," Yukhei responded. 

Kun groaned and whined. "I hate you." 

Yukhei giggled and everyone smiled; they were excited to see how it would turn out later. 

Kun cleared his throat. "Anyways, Jisung, truth or dare?" 

"After those two, I'm going with truth." 

"Have you ever been in love before?" 

Jisung froze, and Chenle did too. "Yes," Jisung answered. "I have." 

Chenle froze. Who was it? Why had Jisung never mentioned them before? Was he still in love with Kun like Jisung had said all those summers ago? 

"Who?" Kun asked. 

"That wasn't part of the question. Johnny, truth or dare?" 

Chenle listened to everyone whisper around him and felt his heart break. 

"Hm, I'll pick dare," Johnny answered. 

Chenle shook himself out of this and tried to forget about what Jisung said. 

"Uh....go sit on Taeil's lap for the rest of the game." 

"He'll crush me!" Taeil whined as Johnny sweetly nestled onto his lap. 

"I should do this more often," Johnny said as Taeil whimpered, before wrapping his arms around his boyfriend. "Taeyong, truth or dare?" 

"Dare!" Taeyong cheered. 

"How about you give your boyfriend a !" 

"Yay!" Taeyong cheered and Ten pumped his first as he placed himself on Ten's lap and began to dance around. 

"Johnny, why did you do this? None of us wanted to see that," Renjun whined. 

"On the contrary, that's hot," Hendery said. 

"Agreed," Yangyang added. 

"Well you haven't known them since you were thirteen," Sicheng mumbled. 

"Time's up!" Johnny called. "You're welcome." 

"Thank you!" Ten said sweetly, giving his boyfriend a peck on the cheek. 

Taeyong looked around the room before his eyes fell on Chenle. "Truth or dare?" He asked the high schooler. 

"Dare," Chenle said firmly. He was not in the mood to admit anything. 

"Hm...I dare you to give the most attractive person in the room a kiss. It doesn't matter if they have a boyfriend or not." 

Chenle gave Taeyong a death glare because he knew exactly who Chenle thought was the most attractive person in the room. And that person definitely does not have a boyfriend. 

But that person has been in love before, Chenle thought as he looked over at Jisung, sitting right next to him. He may be in love still. And Chenle knew it wasn't with him. 

He tapped Jisung on the shoulder and Jisung looked at him in surprise. 

"M-me?" 

All Chenle could do was nod. 

"O-oh," Jisung answered, and Chenle closed his eyes too quickly to see the smile on Jisung's face when he leaned in to press their lips together. 

The kiss didn't last very long because Chenle pulled away quickly. He didn't want to think about how Jisung probably had someone else's face in his mind when he kissed Chenle. 

Jisung frowned as Chenle scanned the room for the next player. "Jaemin, truth or dare?" 

"There haven't been enough truths yet, so I'll pick that." 

"Hmm...I know you and Jeno have been planning to...you know...have you guys gotten a chance yet?" 

"No!" Jaemin whined loudly and Jeno looked at his phone. "Everyone's always in the damn cabin, especially now that Yangyang's moved in." 

"I promise we'll clear out the cabin tomorrow, all day," Mark said. 

"Yeah. I know you guys need your....time," Donghyuck added with a wink. 

"Us too," Yukhei said with a nod at Jungwoo. 

"I'll just crash in my car," Yangyang added. 

Jeno kept on staring at his phone; this was the worst thing he could possibly imagine. He was hoping his cabinmates would be selfish enough to stay in there so Jeno and Jaemin would never get a chance. Jaemin gave him a shy, excited smile, and Jeno managed to muster one back. 

"Are you okay?" Jaemin whispered to Jeno. 

"Of course," Jeno answered and Jeno knew he had to make up an excuse when Jaemin gave him a look. "My stomach hurts a little, that's all." Jaemin pouted and started rubbing Jeno's back. "Don't worry about me. Just go." 

"Donghyuck, truth or dare?" Jaemin asked, although not with the same excitement as before. 

"I'm too lazy to get up so truth." 

"What's the most illegal thing you've ever done?" 

"Hmm...gotten a tattoo while underaged, I guess." 

"How?" Doyoung cried. 

"My friend did it for me," Donghyuck responded. Mark smiled and blushed a little and Donghyuck whispered something in his ear that made him giggle. He cleared his throat. "Anyways, Doyoung, truth or dare?" 

"Truth," Doyoung said firmly. 

"Did you and Jaehyun ever send each other nudes?" 

They both made faces. "That's so high school," Jaehyun answered. 

"So...when you guys were in high school?" Donghyuck asked for clarification. 

"I don't think so," Doyoung answered. 

"Technically that would be ography," Kun mumbled. 

"We've always been very mature," Jaehyun said. 

"Bo-ring!" Donghyuck answered. 

Doyoung rolled his eyes. "Renjun, truth or dare?" 

"Since it's Doyoung I'll say dare." 

" Yangyang's foot," Doyoung said. 

"Easy. He has rich person feet how dirty can they be?" Renjun said as Yangyang took off his sock. 

"I've been living at a summer camp for six days now; I dunno..." Yangyang answered, as Renjun bent down and Yangyang's toe. 

He sat up and went back to his seat. "That wasn't so bad. But if I find out any of you have a foot , you're dead." 

"Don't worry, that was the least y thing I've ever seen," Ten answered. 

"Good. Now, Sicheng, truth or dare?" 

"I'm gonna say truth," Sicheng answered. "I don't wanna do that." 

Renjun chuckled to himself. "What's your most embarrassing ?" 

Sicheng thought for a moment. "Actually, to be honest, I've probably only ever done that once or twice in my life. My parents thought it was an act of the devil and I was always afraid they'd catch me so I never did, and when they weren't around I was here and we share cabins so..." 

"Only once or twice? In your life?" Yukhei mumbled. 

"I'm so, so, sorry," Jaehyun said. 

"Are you okay?" Ten asked. 

"Yeah, yeah, it's alright guys. There are things I'm still learning about, I've only been away a month or so after all," Sicheng answered. "Hm...alright, Yangyang, truth or dare?" 

"I'm afraid...so truth." 

"Which one of us do you think is the cutest?"

"Oh, Renjun, definitely. I'm terrified of him but that's what makes him y," Yangyang answered, and everyone burst out laughing. "What?" he whined. 

"You managed to pick the only straight guy here," Renjun explained. Yangyang joined in laughing, and turned to look at everyone. "Jaehyun, truth or dare?" 

"I'll say dare." 

Yangyang smiled. "I dare you to go into the office and...draw Doyoung like one of your french girls," he said with a wink. 

"Oh. Not so bad; I expected worse," Doyoung said as he and Jaehyun went up to the office. They came down a few minutes later and Jaehyun handed Yangyang a piece of paper. 

"Is this accurate?" Yangyang asked, looking at the drawing of Doyoung. 

"I'm not the greatest artist but yeah," Jaehyun answered. 

"Huh. ier than expected," Yangyang said. "Anyways, it's your turn." 

"Hm...Jungwoo, truth or dare?" 

"Dare, but please don't give me anything like that," Jungwoo whined. 

"I dare you to give Yukhei a spiderman kiss." 

"What's that?" Jungwoo asked as Yukhei backed up against the wall. 

"Kiss him while he's doing a handstand," Jaehyun explained as Yukhei put his legs up against the wall in a handstand. Jungwoo giggled and bent down to peck his lips and Yukhei quickly got down, panting heavily. They giggled at each other and sat back down, holding hands. 

"That was really hard!" Yukhei whined. 

"My turn!" Jungwoo cheered. "Jeno, truth or dare?" 

"Hm, truth," he answered, he didn't wanna have to do anything ual. Jaemin kept on rubbing his back concernedly and asking him if he was feeling better but in his mind he was definitely not. 

"So tomorrow..." Jeno's blood went cold at the thought. "Do you wanna be the top or bottom?" 

Jeno hadn't even begun to think of a question like that. His breathing began to pick up and Jaemin looked really worried. 

"Are you okay? Do you wanna go back to the cabin? Love..." Jaemin said, completely ignoring Jungwoo's question. 

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Jeno said. 

"No really, you look so..." Jaemin trailed off. 

"I'm all good, I promise babe," Jeno said, trying to clear his mind enough to seem okay. "And Jungwoo, I'm gonna be the top...definitely." 

"Ooo!" Everyone cheered but Jaemin couldn't even hear them, still glancing at Jeno with concern. 

"Babe, I'm fine," Jeno sternly whispered in Jaemin's ear, but Jaemin couldn't stop looking at him with those worried eyes. At this point, Jeno had to just ignore it. "Mark, truth or dare?" 

"Um, I'll pick truth too," Mark said, and Jeno tried to think of a question that would distract everyone from him and Jaemin. 

"Have you had yet?" 

Mark slowly smiled and nodded. "Yeah..." 

"Come on, you've got to give us the story," Yangyang said. 

"Well...maybe a year and a half ago or so, Donghyuck's parents took their whole family on a ski trip, and the lodge happened to be really close to my house so they invited me to come too. So I came, and they got the two of us our own room, so..." Mark trailed off with an embarrassed smile. Donghyuck just wrapped an arm around his shoulders as Mark got all shy.

"That's so cute!" Johnny cried, and everyone voiced their agreement. 

"Um, anyways...Taeil, truth or dare?" 

"Let's do dare," Taeil answered. 

Mark giggled. "How about you and Johnny switch clothes for the rest of the night?" Everyone else laughed as Taeil and Johnny defeatedly went into the kitchen to go change in privacy. They came back a few minutes later and everyone burst out laughing; Johnny was wearing a crop top and cut off pants, tight to his skin, and Taeil looked like he was drowning in fabric. 

"You're really cute," Johnny mumbled. 

"I can barely make the pants stay up!" Taeil whined. "Ugh. Ten, truth or dare?" 

"I'm way too lazy so I'll do truth." 

"What's the worst you've ever had?" Taeil asked. 

"Oh, definitely the first time," Ten answered, everyone slowly remembering and laughing. 

"Wait, what? Why was it bad?" Hendery asked. 

"It was here, actually. Me and Taeyong's second year of camp, so I was fifteen and he was sixteen. And we were almost done when Jisung ing walked in!" 

"I was eleven, okay? I was much more traumatised by that than you guys," Jisung said. 

"Plus he used to call us mom and dad back then so..." Taeyong trailed off. 

"That does sound horrible," Yangyang mumbled. 

"I mean, I've had worse, but still pretty bad," Hendery added. Nobody wanted to hear what could be worse than that so they all moved on. 

"Yuta, truth or dare?" 

"I'll pick dare!" Yuta said excitedly. 

Ten smirked. "I dare you to skinny dip in the pool." 

Everyone began to giggle as both Yuta and Sicheng's eyes grew wider. Yuta cleared his throat and smiled. "You know what? it. This might be fun." 

"Yeah!" Hendery cheered, and they all made their way out of the dining hall. As quietly as possible they made their way to the pool and after whispering for everyone to not look, Yuta stripped down. With their backs all turned they heard a splash, then a squeak, then the sound of him coming out of the water. 

Sicheng ignored Yuta's orders not to look and wrapped a towel around his shoulders, helping him get his clothes back in. 

"Let's go I'm freezing!" Yuta whisper yelled, and they all ran back to the dining hall. When they were back in, Sicheng huddled close to Yuta. "Why are you blushing?" Yuta asked. 

"You're ier than I remember," Sicheng mumbled, and Yuta smirked at him, scanning the group. 

"Hendery, truth or dare?" he asked. 

"Erm...truth." 

"What do you think of all of us so far?" 

"Honestly man...I love you. I love you all," he spoke. 

"Aww!" Doyoung cooed. 

"Hey guys, let's go to bed," Jaemin suddenly spoke up. "Jeno's not feeling very well." 

"Getting ready for your big day?" Taeyong teased. 

Jaemin shook his head, rubbing the back of Jeno's neck. "I just want him to feel better." 

But Jeno didn't think he could.