-39-

Book Club Chronicles

"I cant do this!" Wendy turned away from her bedroom door for the thousandth time. She threw herself on the bed and howled into her pillow.

What am I gonna say to Irene? 

It's gonna be freakin awkward.

How do I actr?

Are we even dating?

WHYYYYY IS THIS SO HAAAAAARRRRRRRRR - ?

"Alright stop moping hot shot!" Seulgi barged in and yanked her out the room. "You're going to that book club meet todnight."

"Seul, don't do this to me please!" Wendy wailed. "I don't know how to face her! I don't know what to say to her."

"Bro, you don't have to say anything special!" Seulgi threw her into the car and slammed the book into Wendys' face before strapping her in. "Just act normal."

"HOW CAN I ACT NORMAL WHEN SHE KISSED ME LAST WEEK AND WE HAVEN'T SPOKEN?!" Wendy hyperventilated and ten buried her face in her knees as Seulgi started the car. 

"QUit that blubbering. This is a learning experience."

"The fuq? Learnign exper-- what the hell?" Wendy spluttered and had half the nerve to slap her friend only to not do that because it would get them in a bad car accidnet.

Seulgi proceeded to coach her until they arrived in front of Irene's house. If it weren't for all these feelings in the air, it would have been another book club meet. 

Wendy took a few breaths and exited the car, trying not to worry about anything being awkward. How was she going to focus when the hottest Bae was literally just inches away from her?

Book Club came and went with WEndy somehow managing to stay cool and act like normal. She tried not to look at Irene because she might melt or something, but Irene was pretty good at acting like nothing had happened. She led the discussion with Sehun hanging on to her every word.

At teh end, wendy quickly texted Seulgi demanding she come bazck immediately because seh knew her friend would leave her here in teh name of wenrene.

"Wendy, can you help m for a second?" Irene called to her.

LIKE WAT?! Seulgi has some mad powers in somehow making Irene call out to her. She followed the latter, wondering what it could mean. It probably wasn't anything romantic since Sehun and the others was still here. 

"Help me pack these snacks for the others, please," Irene said. "It'll be faster if we do it together."

"Ok." 

Finally, the packaging was done and everyone was gifted snacks. Sehun looked ahppy when Irene gave him one, and he leaned in close to mutter something into Irene's ear. THe woman gave a one sided smile and shook her head before turning away from him to walk her other friends to teh door.

"SO...how's school?" Sehun asked Wendy when it was just the two of them.

"Busy."

"And soccer?"

"it's off season for now. I'm just working out and conditioning myself."

Sehun nodded. "Y'know i didn't think you'd last long here, especially with you being the youngest and all. I thought it strange Irene let someone outside the rfriend group join in.

But you've been pretty reliable. I guess there's nothing ot be suspicious about. Although, Irene seems to take a liking to you...."

Oh does he know?

"i'm glad. She's had a hard time so...I guess it's good to have a new friend."

At that point, they heard someone clear their throat and both turned to see Irene standing there with arms crossed. "Having a secret conversation?" she said.

"Ah no. I was just talking to Wendy," Sehun replied. "Anyway, I better get going. See you next week."

For the first time, Wendy wished he had not left because now it was just her and Irene. He had no idea what was going on between them.

"Um....I better get going too," Wendy said because she was too dumb to even know how to address the elephant in the room. 

But irene was practically the barrier between her and the front door. "We need to talk."

--

"BINCH WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!" Joy thwacked Seulgi with a bag of fried chicken. 

"I OWE YOU NOTHING!" Seulgi roared back and snatched the bag from her. 

"Seriously, it would have stopped me from thikning Wendy and I could be together," Joy said after calming from rage mode. "I can't be upset because I want my sister to be happy."

"No one said you can't." Seulgi pointed out.

"I know. But I'm actually not mad..."

"then maybe you're just really charmed by her but not romantically." Seulgi popped a whole chicken leg in and swiped off the meats, leaving only the bone in one take.

Joy eyed her. "Have you tried speed eating competitively?"

"No. I eat to enjoy."

--

Irene adn Wendy were having a staring contest now, only because neither knew what to say. Wendy knew she should be the one to say something, after all this was all her own doing thanks to Seulgi's expert work. 

"Do you like me back?" Irene asked.

So forward...Wendy was taken aback but she really shouldn't be. Irene is a professor after all, she mused.

"Am I too old?" Irene continued. 

"What? No, of course not!" Wendy spluttered. "I didn't think you'd like me - "

Irene's eyes seemed to brighten. "Since when?"

"Since awhile." Wendy didn't want to tell the whole truth...yet. Wouldn't it be wierd how invested Seulgi was to get intel information for her?

Irene smiled and she reached forward to intertwine her fingers with Wendy's. "Me too."

Wendy thought she must have died and gone to heaven. Or maybe she was havin a dream that was too good to be true. "can you kick me?"

"What?" Irene looked horrified. 

Wendy chuckled nervously, and started to slip her hand away from Irene's because she felt her palms getting sweaty from nervousness. There was no greater turn off than sweaty palms right?

But Irene tightened her grip and used that to pull Wendy even closer than they already were. "You're not dreaming, silly," she murmured.

Oh my god, Irene is beautiful.... Wendy was trying to calm down so she could at least thikn clearly, but Irene must be a seasoned romancer because Wendy really didn't know how to top any of that. So she decided that it was better to let Irene take the lead because it seemed that she was the one calling the shots right now, and doing a better job than Wendy ever tried.

"Would you be willing to try?" Irene asked. "To date someone like me?"

What the hell? I should be asking that! Wendy couldn't even breathe at this point. 

"Are you sure you want to date a college student?" Wendy asked.

"Technically you were never my student, and book club doesn't count. Besides, we would never meet for a date on campus."

"What would Sehun say?"

Wendy knew that wqs so wrong to say. She could just imagine Seulgi coming at her with a sledgehammer ready to beat her brain in to a pulp.

"What about it?" Irene didn't seem to like that question. "Did the others tell you we were dating?"

"Oh...no. It just looked like it at the beginning...hehe...hehehe..."

The older woman shook her head and distracted herself by smoothing down nonexistent wrinkles on the shoulders of Wendy's shirt. "I've made myself clear enough. I onlly like you, Wendy. But if you think these factors might be an issue, then..."

"No! Let's do it! I mean, yes!" Wendy stammered stupidly.

Irene stared into her eyes for what fet like the longest time and Wendy felt like the latter was trying to find some inner secrets inside her or something. The woman could have an intense look in her eyes.

"What do you think about coffee next weekend?" Irene asked.

"Um sure."

"Ok, see you then - although I may see you at book club. I'm looking forward to it." Irene led her back to the door and before she opened it, she unexpectedly pressed a kiss to Wendy's cheek. "Hope that'll keep you going for the week," she winked as she practically shoved Wendy out.

--

hi guys, short update here, but hope this is enough to keep you all going until i update next hahahahaha. Thanks for sticking with me even whne i go poof for a long time. i really wanna continue this story of all the others i have.

let me know what you think and how to stay cool in summer heat