-18-

Book Club Chronicles

A/N: HEy guys I'm so sorry, but I just remembered that Bogum already made a cameo appearance and is not a bad guy. The crazy ex will actually be Suho.

--

"How does it feel to be alone, Irene?" Suho snarled as the police handcuffed him and dragged away. He had been stunned by the taser and recovered only now. "How does it feel knowing that the one you love is hurt because of your selfishness?" 

"Alright, champ, shut it." The police dragged him down the hallway. 

"You're weak, woman!" he screamed maniacally. "You're nothing without me! No one will love you like I do - " His loud rambling echoed and diminished in the hallways.

She turned her attention back to the unconscious Wendy. Blood gathered in the surface cut from Suho's switch blade and was beginning to drop down slowly. Bruises blossomed on Wendy's cheek and brow bone.

Oh my god...I did this...

"Ma'am...Ma'am!" 

 

Irene sat in the hospital bed staring at her hands blankly, the scenes replaying in her mind. Suho, her ex-boyfriend, had the audacity to track her down, stalk her, and leave threatening notes before making his grand entrance.

She had passed out on the scene, prompting the meds to take her under their care in case she had internal injury. But she regained consciousness not too long after arriving at the hospital.

There wasn't anything wrong with her. She would definitely have some bruises from when Suho punched her, but that was all except for a massive headache.

IT must have been extreme luck that Wendy arrived at the same time that Suho made his attack, or perhaps unluckiness. The result now was less than desirable. All Irene had planned to do was return the book to Wendy, and then this happened!

Irene could never forgive herself if Wendy was horribly hurt. She couldn't forget the sight of how horribly Suho attacked her.

She was furious with herself. I should have reported the note.

I should have fought harder.

I - 

"Hey, unnie." Joy was standing at the doorway. "How are you feeling?"

Irene barely heard her until Joy gently called her attnetion again.

"I'm ok." Irene considered asking Joy if she had seen Wendy, but she was too afraid to hear the worst if that were a possibility. HOwever, she knew that the questions would keep eating at her. "Have...you seen Wendy?"

Joy glanced at her. "No. I came to see you." She seemed confused and it dawned on Irene that her sister hadn'tbeen filled in on the details.

"Oh...don't worry about it," she replied.

 

Meanwhile, Seulgi was beside herself with horror at the state Wendy was in. Her hopes and dreams of a wenrene moment was shattered.

Wendy was awake, thankfully, but was exhausted and in the most pain ever. Her whole body felt so tense and her head felt awful. That guy she battled beat her up pretty good.

"Oh, Wendy! I'm so sorry!" Seulgi cried out. "I..I should have waited for you or something! What if you'd..." She didn't want to say the worst case scenario because she didn't want to jinx herself. "I can't believe it."

Wendy pat her friend's head. "It's ok now, Seul. I'm alive and...somewhat well."

Seulgi nodded while wiping away her tears. "Yes, you're alive. That's all that matters. I just...what the hell even happened?"

The latter had to tkae a moment to remember exactly what happened before the showdown. "I was going to meet Irene, but there was a guy. He was harrassing her. I didn't know what to do - I should have called for security, but I was afraid he would hurt her so I threw my book at him."

Seulgi choked back a laugh, to which Wendy shot a glare at her. "Sorry, but...you threw a book to protect her?"

"It was that heavy bio book, Seul!" Wendy replied indignantly. "And I hit him!"

Seulgi's eyes turned to that of adoration. "All that Red Dead and PUBG really did pay off," she breathed.

Wendy calmed down and shook her head. "But he still hurt her. I couldn't fight him...I failed..." Is Irene ok? She remembered seeing that mysterious man punch Irene in the face so hard. It made her so upset.

"Hey. Don't be so hard on yourself," Seulgi comfroted her and squeezed her hand. "If you hadn't been there at all, he might have really done worse. There's an obvious disadvantage for you against a full grown adult man. But...who was he?"

Wendy knew her friend was right. What was done was done. "I dunno. I just wanna go home," she mumbled.

"We will. I'll even buy you dinner. We just have to wait for the doc's ok."

The latter shot her friend a grateful look. She had no family here, but at least she had Seulgi. She was lucky to have someone at her side. Whereh would she be without Seulgi? 

 

When the doctor affirmed Wendy's discharge from the hospital, she inquired about Irene's status.

"She was already discharged earlier. She has minor damage and will be just fine."

That was a relief. She hoped it was the truth in case the doctor didnt' want her to worry. 

But any good news about Irene's wellbeing was better than nothing.

--

Joy really wanted to know what happened, but she didn't want to disturb her older sister, who was still under the weather. Irene retired to her room and fell into a deep slumber for a while. 

She was a bit curious about why Irene asked about Wendy at the hospital. DId that girl have somethign to do with what happened? Maybe she could find out some information from her.

And that's what she did. After sending a quick text to Wendy, she went to the kitchen to try to make something nice for when Irene woke up again. Last time, it was a cake that went better than expected. It was a little too dry though, but Irene still enjoyed it nonetheless.

Hmm..maybe cookies will be easier, she thought as she searched up an easy recipe.

She wanted to cheer up Irene at least for a little bit. Whatever happened obviously still bothered Irene. 

 

The doctor had prescribed sleep for Wendy's swift recovery, but she didn't feel like doing that. Instead, she played Animal Crossing: New Horizons and visited Seulgi's Island to destroy all her flowers just for kicks. 

"Hey, you should be resting," SEulgi scolded her.

"Heh. Strange to hear you being responsible for once," Wendy joked.

"Well, the doc said you've got to rest if you wanna be up and at it for soccer," Seulgi reminded her. "We still have to finish the semester before you crash." 

"Mhmmmm..." Wendy said absently as she took some of Seulgi's turnips.

"Hey! Pay attent - ! You're destroying my island!" Seulgi cried in dismay. 

Wendy laughed and turned off the game, quickly returning to a sullen mood. "Everything just went bad, Seulgi. I feel bad, even though you're right that things were out of my control."

Seulgi managed to remain calm. It's just a game, Seul. You can get more flowers and turnips. You can destory Wendy's later. "IT was the guy's fault. Not you and not Irene, periodt."

Right after she punctuated her statement, Wendy's ringtone went off. "It's joy!" she exclaimed and opened the message. "Maybe I can ask her about Irene."

Hey Wendy, I'm not sure if you're aware about what's going on with Irene. She was in the hospital because some bastard attacked her. Do you know what happened? - Joy.

Hi Joy, I hope Irene is ok. I was actually there when the attack happened. I tried to stop him, but I wasn't strong enough. I'm so sorry about this. -Wendy

Omo! No! It's not your fault, Wen! I'm so glad you were there. If this goes to court, you are a witness. I hope you did not get hurt :(  - Joy

Don't wrory about me. I'm just fine. - Wendy

Ok, I hope so. Thanks for filling me in. Do you remember what the guy looked like? - Joy

Tall, dressed in a suit, really handsome, and a smile that would have been charming if he weren't crazy. That's all I remember - Wendy

 

Joy was frozen because she hadn't expected Irene's past relationship to escalate like this.

There was only one person who matched the description, and the only person who could make Irene shut down like this.

"Kim Suho, you ing stupid ," she growled.

 

--

A/N:

I don't think I will go any deeper in Suho's story since his role is the ex. Unless you would like some more drama, but I think he woudl just be more annoying than asset to the plot. 

THANKS!!! I miss wenrene so much

Also, this is kind of off topic, but I've been feeling nostalgic lately and miss shinee a whole bunch.