-33-

Book Club Chronicles

Joy went to a bar because she was feeling conflicted and needed to be sure about her preferences. She met some hot guys and girls, dancing with them and conversing with small talk. But she found that there was no attraction to the girls, who were y af. 

She thought she must be mistaken, yet how was it possible that she could feel a desire to connect with Wendy like when she was with Hyunwoo?

Now even more confused, she returned home before her curfew (11pm). The lights were all off except for a night light that Irene saved for her if she returned after Irene had gone to sleep. 

That woman sleeps way too early, she thought to herself amused. What's next? Nap time?

She washed up and settled into bed, hands behind her head as she stared at the ceiling.

It felt like her life was changing ever since she started living with Irene. She was always with Hyunwoo. Now, they were really separated, and Joy knew that she would have to find a place for herself soon. Irene was doing her a favor staying here and she didn't want to exploit her sister anymore than she already had. 

However, she was also afraid to leave her sister alone, expecially after Suho happened. Irene seemed ok, but she had a tendency to keep her problems to herself so no one could really know for sure if she was alright.

--

"Let her go! It's me you want, not her!"

"Oh no hahahaha! You will learn the hard way, what it's like TO BE LEFT ALONE!" Suho snarled. "You left me. For all this?! You selfish !" He Irene and punched her across the face, sending her crashing to the floor. 

"You will learn your lesson," he sneered.

"If you just behaved, none of this would be happening, Irene." The man dug his blade into Wendy's throat and her whole body writhed before going limp. Insanity was reflected in his eyes.

"How does it feel to be alone, Irene?" Suho snarled. "How does it feel knowing that the one you love is hurt because of your selfishness?" 

Irene protested as his words continued to echo in her ears, her eyes unable to leave the crumpled form of Wendy's body on the floor. She dropped to her knees and cradled the dead girl in her arms.

"You will regret everything you did to me, Irene. No one will love you like I do." Suho bent closer and cupped her check with an eerie gentleness that she despised.

"No!" 

 

Irene woke up in terror, her heart pounding unsteadily and a light layer of sweat covering her forehead. She blinked tears from her eyes and sighed when she realized that it was all a nightmare. 

Wendy was not dead. In fact, she was here, pressing against Irene in her sleep because it was cold. 

I didn't turn on the heater...Irene mused but did not make the incentive to go out and turn it on. Besides, with them sleeping like this, it wasn't really that cold. 

Is this ok? Irene gazed at the girl beside her and gently brushed Wendy's fringe from her face.

Can I...really like someone again?

 

Wendy dreamed that she was reading something for book club, but it was a never ending book. Every time she turned a page, there was more and more left to read. 

She was unable to finish the book and arrived to book club with hardly anything to contribute to the discussion.

"You didn't finish it," Sehun accused her. "What kind of an irresponsible kid are you?"

"I..I tried!" she protested, but the others were disappointed in her.

She coudn't even look at Irene because of how ashamed she was, and when she did manage a glance, Sehun and Irene were sitting together very intimately.

"Sorry, Wendy, but you'll have to leave," Irene said. "we don't allow slackers."

"I'm not a slacker!"

Suddenly, Wendy catapulted into her apartment where even Seulgi was disappointed in her for not achieving the wenrene dream. "You had everything going, but it all went to waste!" her friend sobbed. 

"S-Seul...you can't control feelings..."

"NO! You're such a loser!"

Wendy couldn't believe it. What had she done to get all this hate all of a sudden?

She walked alone in the empty street crying her eyes out because she was confused and ashamed. Eventually, she fell into the snow which was ironically warm and comfry like a soft pillow.

I'll just stay here and die...

 

Wendy awoke in a very warm place, but felt dry as the desert sand. 

The strange sensation in woke her up and she opened her eyes to find that she was in a pace that wasn't her room.

Alarm struck her like a wrecking ball and she sat up immediately, which she quickly regretted because her vision faded out breifly and her head hurt slightly. When her vision returned, she recognized that this was Irene's room and she couldn't remember why the hell she stayed over.

What time is it?

Wendy fumbled for her phone, but could not find it. The clock on the bedside table read that it was a little past 9am.

And then it really hit her what happened and she scrambled out of bed only to get tangled in the sheets and fall heavily to the floor. WHAT AM I DOING HERE?!

After scrambling around like an upside down turtle for what seemed like eternity, she managed to emerge from the sheets and sat in her own tangled mess, her hair toussled unappealingly.

Wendy brushed her hair with her fingers to put it back in place, hoping that was enough for her appearance since she had nothing here. Also, she still wasn't sure why she stayed over and hoped nothing bad or embarssing happened.

While she remade Irene's bed, said person walked in with a glass of water. 

"Good morning, Wendy."

"Morning!" Wendy stood tall and greeted Irene, but her head pounded slightly reminding her of the headache she woke up with. She took a step forward but ended up tripping on her feet. It was Irene who caught her fall, and Wendy's head collided into the older woman's chest, the scent of lavender weaving all around her. 

Before Wendy could rebound, Irene's arms wrapped around her - much to Wendy's surprise - and she helped the girl set onto the bed. 

"Drink this." Irene tipped the glass of water to Wendy's lips. 

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING? Wendy held onto the cup with both her hands. "I-I can do it." She felt wierd that Irene was holding the cup for her like a mother or something...

Irene let her hold the cup and she took a few sips, careful not to ravenously gulp it down the way she wanted to.

"How do you feel?" Irene asked softly.

Wendy's stomach flipped and she felt the weird feeling you get in your throat when you want to throw up. "Sick..." she answered feebly and Irene practically shoved her into the bathroom where Wendy proceeded to vomit the contents of last night. 

Everytihng was starting to come back to her slowly, and she quickly identiifed the cause of her current predicament. 

She downed that nasty wine and was now paying for it. She began to think that trying not to look like a weird freak wasn't worth what she was going throuhg now, but...in Seulgi's eyes this was progress.

Irene was practically fussing over her in a very Irene way.

"S-s-orry about that," Wendy gasped as she recovered from the unpleasant vomit experience. 

"It's ok, Wendy. You're just experiencing the effects of a hangover. It's completely normal." Irene rubbed her back and handed her a new toothbrush. "I made something that'll help."

"O-oh, thanks..." felt really scratchy and raw now. She never wanted to drink again after this. I really have no tolerance, she thought to herself.

Irene pat her shoulder. "I promised your friend I'd take care of you. And I keep my promises when I know I can."

 

--

CLIFFHANGER! I HAVE A TEST TOMORROW HAHAHAH~ I"M SO NERVOUS HELP ME.

I will update tomorrow for sure for some sweet WENRENE ACTION HAHAH~ PLS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THIKN IF YOU LIKE.

It's ficking hot here rip