-27-

Book Club Chronicles

Joy waited pensively at the restaurant where she was to meet with her boyfriend, Hyunwoo. She ate a few of the appetizer breads while waiting for him to arrive. He was driving in from a city some miles away from here.

WHen he finaly arrived, he was wearing his usual formal wear for work and he greeted her as usual with a big grin. "Hey. How are you?" He sat across from her and the waiter came to get him a drink.

"I've been spending time with my sister," Joy replied. "You?"

"Just the usual," he replied and his fingers inched towards the menu. "Listen, I'm really sorry about the argument."

It was always like this. After having a short break away from each other, there was some tension before they could go back to being a couple again. Usually, Joy would have been eager to come back to him because she loved him so much. Their arguments always got a little out of hand becuase of her expressive personality that could sometimes be explosive.

"Me too. I shouldn't have blown a fuse," Joy replied. "I just wish you had discussed with me your plans about moving out so far away."

"You're right. I let my head get ahead of us," Hyunwoo said. "So...I willl cancel the plan if you don't agree to it. I don't want us to be apart, and I want to be a better person for you. I don't like fighting with you."

"I still need to finish school here, Hyunwoo. And my family are here."

Hyunwoo listened, but Joy could tell he was saddened. He was a budding actor with some features and appearances, while also studying business. He had gotten a connection in Japan that really wanted to hire him, and it seemed that there was big money involved.

Usually, Joy was adventurous and wanting to follow where the wind took her. That's why she'd studied abroad in the states, and taken a liking to traveling. Her family didnt' travle much during her childhood days except on vacations to the popular cities and some country side. Sure, IRene had done some traveling, but it was all for work and she never flew internationally.

However, Joy didn't have it in her anymore. Something was different now.

Perhaps it was living with Irene and being there at such a crucial time. It must have been fate that she could be there at Irene's side when Suho made his unexpected - and unwelcome - return.

She wasn't sure what would have happened to Irene if she weren't here.

Irene wasn't one to easily turn to friends for help, not even family. ANd not many people knew about her past. She would have been alone.

"Ok...that's ok. I understand. School is important." 

The waiter came to take their order shortly and wished them a nice date once their orders were in.

 

Irene didn't want to let Wendy go too quickly because it felt like some kind of wierd and cold business meeting. And perhaps the Christmas fairies were on her side because it began to snow again a little heavily. The streets were covered with a new layer of the white blanket. 

So she invited her to stay for dinner that she would make since Wendy did it last time with Joy.

"That's kind of you, but I don't want to intrude," Wendy told her.

"You're not intruding. Please take it as thanks for making dinner the other time." 

Wendy felt slightly uneasy staying alone with Irene...in Irene's house, but she also felt bad to turn it down when the latter was putting it that way. "O-ok...if it's ok with you..." she realized how dumb she may have sounded just now.

"Oh, is your friend coming soon?" IRene asked. She just remembered that Wendy relied on her friend for rides.

Wendy checked her phone and saw that Seulg had sent her a message.

Hope you're making up well. I'm home but it looks like we got snowed in. It's been snowing since i left Irene's place. You might be stuck over there hehehehe. 

WAT.

"I'm not sure," Wendy needed to stall for time so she could send a text and take a look out the window to see if Seulgi was bluffing to make this into her dream k-drama. Honestly, Seul should have gone into film production.

But one look out the window, and Wendy's jaw practically dropped to the floor.

It looked like someone had torn a million pieces of tissue and blasted it into a tiny snowglobe with a high speed air dryer.

And the ground was covered enough that driving was unsuitable.

Why.

Why..

Seul, I can't stay here! What am I supposed to do?

Sorry, Wen. You're on your own. Think of this as Christmas MAGIC HAHAHHA! (magic magic magic - do you remember the song by SECRET? brings back memories of good/bad days)

Wendy couldn't believe it. Her friend was bailing out and it wasn't even her fault.

This snow didn't seem like once to be caught outside in.

Better Irene's house than a stranger...

 

Joy stayed over at Hyunwoo's place because it was closest to the restaurant. It had been snowing heavily so driving home was not really an option now.

She hadn't been back for a while so it felt a little foreign yet familiar. Some of her clotehs were left behidn so she had somethign to change into for bed, but she chose to sleep away from her boyfriend for now. They werne't exactly back together yet, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to stay in this relationship anymore.

She loved him, but somethign didn't feel right the way it used to.

Joy lay on the sofa with a pillow and some heavy blankets to keep warm. Hyunwoo was still respectful of her space and wanted the best for her.

She wondered how Irene was doing and if the talk with Wendy helped somewaht with closure and peace.

--

Irene had made a delicious dinner for them to share. It was fitting for the season, hot soup and some other stuff to nosh on. 

Wendy wondered if this was ok because of their differences, but she tried not to let it bother her to avoid akwardness between them. Irene semed to be trying to make amends for all this trouble caused even if it wasn't necessary.

After the dinner, Wendy helped her wash up. She already knew where everything went after working with Joy the last time.

"I don't think the snow will let up anytime soon," Irene said worriedly while observing the weather outside the kitchen window.

Wendy took a look herself and realized that Irene was right. The weather outside was frightful.

"Maybe you should stay here tonight," Irene suggested tentatively. "It's not a good idea to press our luck."

The younger girl gulped. SEulgi and her Christmas magic, she thought in horror. "O-ok..."

 

--

Sorry a little short, but here is a new update! More wenrene coming up uwu  !