Unspoken Words Do Not Mean Unfelt Emotions.

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Unspoken Words Do Not Mean Unfelt Emotions.

 

 

“Jongin will you stop stressing?” Sehun groaned. “I swear if you keep walking around in circles mumbling to yourself I’m going to rip your hair out.”

 

The tan male however was not listening, and instead started whipping his head around, thinking of every possible scenario that could go wrong during the performances of the dance department. Feeling his head becoming dizzy from Jongin’s constant movements, Baekhyun nudged at Wendy and the two of them sneaked away, off the explore what the other departments had prepared for the evening.

 

“Jongin.”

 

The male came to an abrupt halt, feeling the tender touch of Hayoon’s small hand wrapped around his arm. Exhaling, Jongin faced Hayoon, lowering his head to rest against her shoulder. Then inhaling deeply, he relaxed at the scent of green tea wafting from the girl’s hair. He knew that he was being unreasonable and that everything had been prepared meticulously in anticipation for the interdepartmental performances. Nonetheless, he could not erase the gnawing sense of unease that crawled around his gut.

 

“You’ve double checked everything already. I’m sure nothing will go wrong. So just relax.” 

 

Sehun leaned his back against the wall, feeling the tension he was unaware of harbouring seeping away from his body too. Just as the three friends were bathing in the peace that had settled comfortably between them, a blob of blond hair intruded their inner sanctum, his loud voice making them all flinch.

 

“Wassup!” Jackson hollered as he skipped his way towards them, Jinyoung trailing behind looking very apologetic.

 

At the sudden intrusion, Hayoon stepped back, depraving Jongin of the warmth and comfort that he was enjoying, causing him to let out a soft whimper of protest. This caught Jackson’s attention as he slapped Jongin’s back, making him grunt in pain.

 

“Why do you look like a wet puppy?” The blond male asked, oblivious to Jongin’s growing temptation to choke him. “Tonight’s all about enjoying ourselves!”

 

Hayoon had stealthily shuffled away, not wanting to get caught up in Jackson’s overflow of enthusiasm and excitement. Wordlessly, she joined Sehun and Jinyoung, the two males exchanging a stiff conversation.

 

“Pray tell,” Sehun mused. “How do you handle Jackson? He’s like a kid on a sugar-high all the time.”

 

“I’ve learnt to zone him out,” Jinyoung responded, shaking his head and feeling sympathy towards the helpless looking Jongin.

 

“I bet you came here so you could unload him on us,” Hayoon accused the male, giving him a blank stare.

 

Jinyoung raised an eyebrow at the statement, unsure of whether the girl meant it as a joke or a serious accusation. Seeing Sehun sniggering however, he assumed it was the former and let out a low chuckle, digging his hands into his pockets. Despite the fact he and Hayoon appeared to have resolved whatever tension there was between them, he still felt uncertain around the girl who wore a constant blank expression.

 

“Let’s just be thankful that Baek is not here,” Sehun quipped. “Or we’d be dealing with two overexcited beagles. Now that would be way too much to handle.”

 

Hayoon nodded in agreement, taking her phone out as she had received a phone call from Yixing.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey Hayoon, I’m here. Where are you exactly?”

 

“I’m with Jongin and Sehun at the dance department section. Should I come out to find you?”

 

The girl waited for a response and could hear through the phone that Yixing was making his way through the busy crowds of students chattering away.

 

“No need, I see you.”

 

Just as Yixing hang up the phone, Hayoon caught sight of him waving at her, waltzing towards her without a care in the world, forming quite a contrast with the previously panicked Jongin.

 

“Hey Yixing,” Sehun greeted the male.

 

Yixing smiled back, his signature dimples on full display. Noticing Jinyoung standing there, Yixing extended a hand towards him.

 

“Nice to meet you, I’m Yixing.”

 

“Hi, I’m Jinyoung,” the male replied, reciprocating the gesture.

 

“Oh my god,” Jackson suddenly interrupted. “Are you Yixing? THE Zhang Yixing?”

 

“Ummm, yes?” Yixing responded, surprised by the tone of recognition in Jackson’s voice.

 

“Dude I’m such a fan!” The blond male exclaimed. “I’ve been following you online since way back. You’re the reason I applied for masters at KNUA because you did a year abroad here and sang so many praises to the place. I’m Jackson by the way.”

 

“Nice to meet you Jackson.” Yixing smiled, feeling slightly abashed by Jackson’s fanboy behaviour.

 

“What are you doing in Seoul?” The blond male asked curiously. “Wait, you’re friends with Hayoon and Sehun?”

 

“I’m working in Seoul now. I met Hayoon bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter