Yet Another Soundless Confession.

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yet Another Soundless Confession.

 

 

December 24th came knocking at the door. Baekhyun woke up bright and early in the morning. Breathing in the morning winter air as he walked down the streets, Wendy was right next to him. Passing by a familiar side street, a thoughtful expression crossed Baekhyun’s face. As he tapped on his chin, a plan hatching in his brain.

 

“Let’s take a little detour,” Baekhyun announced. “I need to order the Christmas cake for tonight.”

 

Patting Wendy on her head, the male rushed down the street, leaving Wendy behind as she just stared at the male, tilting her head to the side in confusion, wondering what that was about.

 

“I thought Sehun was in charge of the cake?” The girl mumbled, talking to thin air.

 

・・・

 

Jongin hesitantly knocked on Hayoon’s door, unsure of whether he was making the right decision. Before he could regret his decision and run back into hiding however, the door opened, revealing Hayoon staring right back at him, an indecipherable look of stoicism on her face.

 

“Let’s go for a walk,” the girl whispered, scarf and jacket already in hand.

 

Jongin stumbled in his steps, confused as it appeared that the girl had been waiting for him to approach her all along. Or maybe while he was hesitating to knock on her door, she too had been deliberating with herself on whether to leave her room and face him.

 

Wordlessly stepping out of their flat, the two let their feet lead the way. Before they knew it, they had reached the Han river. Taking in the sight before her, Hayoon inhaled deeply, closing her eyes as she bathed in the winter sun, the soft breeze grazing her skin and causing her short hair to dance around her. Jongin kept his gaze on her, a wave of nostalgia swarming through him as he recalled the last time they had been at the Han river together, just the two of them.

 

"I've been acting like a fool haven’t I?” Jongin confessed.

 

Opening her eyes to look at Jongin, Hayoon’s gaze softened as she studied his features; his sharp jawline, plump lips, long eyelashes and broody eyes. Any other girl would have been elated to be receiving his love and affection.

 

“That’s what feelings do to you,” the girl whispered. “Makes you do foolish things. Trust me, I know from experience.”

 

Jongin chuckled softly, his voice travelling towards Hayoon. Hearing the familiar warm chuckle that she had missed so dearly, a smile graced her face.

 

“Baek came to talk to me yesterday.” Crouching down to sit on the grass, Jongin patted the spot next to him, signalling Hayoon to do the same. “And I asked him a very silly question: what if I had met you back in first year? Would things have turned out differently?”

 

 

“Right person wrong time?” Plopping herself down, Hayoon adjusted her coat, giving her full attention to the tan male.

 

It felt like only yesterday when they shared the bunggeoppang in this same exact spot, discussing about the right people and the connection one makes through life.

 

“Only after I said that out loud did I realise I was being a hypocrite. I mean, I said it so myself, that there is no right people wrong time, because right people are timeless.”

 

Jongin’s hands reached tentatively towards Hayoon’s, his fingers touching her pinky finger. Feeling n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter