Greeting the New Year.

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Greeting the New Year.

 

 

The days following Christmas went by in a blur as Sehun and Hayoon were both thrown directly into the hectic preparation period for the end of year ceremonies. Together with Jinyoung and Jackson, the four KNUA students braced themselves for the hell that would ensue in making sure that the KBS Entertainment Awards will unfold without any trouble and that all safety protocols were followed to the utmost detail.

 

This year SM had also booked a significant segment of the evening. A special stage consisting of different artists and idol groups signed under SM were to showcase their musical talents in ways that they would normally be unable to do in standard Music Bank performances.

 

Soojung was the main host for the evening together with another senior actor. Donning a pure quite strapless gown, the girl looked like she had stepped straight out of heaven. Hayoon could not stop herself from admiring her, at the way she so confidently stood on the stage and looked so at ease, like she truly belonged there. No one could steal her spotlight.

 

“Wherever she goes she’ll always be at the centre of attention huh?” Pausing next to Hayoon, Jinyoung handed her a bottle of water.

 

“She’ll be the star of the evening. Everyone will be talking about her I’m sure,” Hayoon replied, pouting slightly as she struggled to uncap the bottle.

 

Taking the water bottle from her, Jinyoung easily opened it and returned it to the girl, his mind deep in thought.

 

“Just spit it out,” the girl sighed. “I can feel that you have something to say.”

 

“Why are you never jealous?”

 

Hayoon turned her head to look at the male, a look of confusion etched on her face, not quite understanding what he meant.

 

“How do you feel nothing negative towards Soojung? Do you not ever wonder how much easier your life would have been if you had not met Soojung?”

 

Chewing on her lip thoughtfully, Hayoon turned to look at the stage, a proud expression on her face as she watched Soojung.

 

“That would mean forfeiting all the wonderful moments that were made possible because she was there,” Hayoon finally answered. “And I would never give those up.”

 

“You were ok with always being in her shadow?”

 

“I have always been in the shadows. If anything Soojung was the one who taught me how to shine. Together with Baek… and even Yeol. And afterwards Sehun and Jongin too. Encountering them has overall been a blessing.”

 

“You’re too nice,” Jinyoung sighed. “Chanyeol must have saved a whole nation in his previous life to receive your love and affection in this lifetime. And he still screwed up.”

 

“Maybe he sinned greatly in his past life and losing me was his punishment. Along with losing his childhood friend and love of his life.”

 

“I think I like that theory much better.”

 

Sharing a smile, Jinyoung and Hayoon exchanged a high-five before returning to their assigned tasks.

 

・・・

 

“One hour until the end of the year

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter