Dark and Broody, Lighthearted and Sweet.

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Dark and Broody, Lighthearted and Sweet.

 

 

Students swarmed the corridors of KNUA all mumbling and grumbling as they expressed their displeasures after bidding goodbye to the holidays. Hayoon found an empty spot in the courtyard and hurriedly occupied the space, eager to enjoy the good weather and the sun of the early spring. Sehun trailed behind her, laying down on the grass while using Hayoon’s legs as pillows. Jongin joined them soon afterwards, drinks in hand which he threw onto Sehun's stomach earning a grunt of displeasure from the male.

 

Sipping on the drink, Hayoon gave Jackson and Jinyoung a small wave as they approached them. Shifting in his position, Jongin made space for the two males to join their small circle as they fell into idle chatter.

 

“I can’t believe it’s already our second year of masters,” Jackson exasperated. “I’m not ready to face adulthood yet.”

 

“Slow down Wang.” Jinyoung rolled his eyes. “We’ve still got one year.”

 

“But time passes by so fast!”

 

“No point in complaining about it,” Sehun quipped, a hand over his eyes to cover the sun.

 

Hayoon purposely kept pushing the male’s arm, having made it her goal to annoy him as much as possible. This instigated a silent squabble between the two as neither was willing to back down.

 

“Yah just let me be in peace will you?” Sehun finally exclaimed.

 

“Why should I?” Hayoon countered. “Must I remind you of what your crazy stalker did to me?”

 

“Stop holding onto that shortie,” Sehun grumbled. “Your face will still be pretty even if you have a huge scar. In fact, it would make you look badass and extremely hot.”

 

This resulted in Jongin and Hayoon launching into a double attack. Hayoon pinched his nose to cut off his air supply and Jongin slapped him in the stomach. Doubling over in pain, Sehun let out a screech, flailing his long limbs around and almost hitting Jackson and Jinyoung in the process.

 

Finally, as Hayoon and Jongin released Sehun, he tackled Hayoon onto the ground and started tickling her, causing the girl to break into a string of pained laughter, tears threatening to fall out. Jongin tried to intervene but decided against it upon seeing the way Hayoon’s legs were dangerously kicking the air, posing a threat to anyone or anything that approached.

 

“I don’t even know why I keep hanging out with you guys,” Jackson huffed. “Whether here or at KBS, you two are always in your own little world. Way to make me sad about my singleness.”

 

This statement was enough to make Sehun stop, giving Hayoon the chance to free herself from the torture. Once she caught her breath however she finally registered what Jackson had said and her jaws dropped, a look of disbelief in her eyes.

 

“If seeing them makes you jealous about being single, then you have a weird perception of dating,” Jinyoung snorted.

 

Before Hayoon could clear up whatever assumption and misunderstanding Jackson had brewing in his mind, Sehun threw his arm around Hayoon, pulling her into his chest and squeezing her tightly, preventing her from speaking. Rubbing his cheek against her hair, Sehun wiggled his eyebrows at the sulking Jackson.

 

“Ours is a love for the ages.”

 

“Yah Oh Sehun, don’t go sprouting nonsense!” Jongin barked at the male, pulling Hayoon away from his grip.

 

“Think about it this way Wang,” Jinyoung interjected, mischief oozing from his eyes. “Sehun is a serious downgrade from Yixing, so if you’re lucky you might manage to catch Hayoon’s interest next and fulfil your fantasy romance.”

 

Jinyoung chuckled at his own comment, oblivious of the secret glare that Jongin was throwing him. His moment of amusement was interrupted however by a wave of hands slapping him and whines of protest and offence towards his statement. Grunting in pain, Jinyoung mentally scolded himself for letting his mouth loose while also questioning his social circle choices.

 

・・・

 

After the rather eventful afternoon, Hayoon was eager to escape the madness and loudness of her every day life and once again escaped to good old Dear Me.

 

The inside of the coffee shop was no longer decorated by sunflowers as unfortunately their life expectancy was not that long. There was however by some miracle one single sunflower left standing in a vase placed on the windowsill next to Hayoon’s usual table. When Hayoon had entered the shop and saw the flower, Minseok sent her a small wink, his lips curled in his signature feline smile.

 

“We got some amazing Mandheling coffee beans just yesterday. Notes of dark chocolate and caramel; right up your alley.”

 

Shaking the bag of beans in excitement, Minseok did not even bother waiting for Hayoon’s response and poured some coffee beans in the grinder, ready to brew the coffee. Irene stepped out of the kitchen in that moment, her hair pulled in a loose bun and flour staining her cheek. Despite that, she still looked as beautiful and elegant as always. Really, the girl could even pull off wearing a potato sack Hayoon thought to herself in admiration.

 

“Great timing like al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter