Mochi Cravings.

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Mochi Cravings.

 

 

Just as Jongin had predicted, due to typhoon season the weather had become horribly unpredictable. After Hayoon had returned home from class, she noticed how bright the sky was outside and felt the sudden urge to sit by the window of her favourite coffee shop. Thus dropping her laptop on her bed, she headed straight out again towards Dear Me, completely forgetting to bring her umbrella in the process. As she was halfway there, sudden heavy clouds covered the skies and stabs of rain fell on Hayoon as if she were an open target.

 

Cursing at her bad luck, Hayoon contemplated whether it was worth going back home, but seeing as she was already drenched, she decided to just risk it and at least get a good cup of coffee and yummy treat out of her foolish attempt to brave the rain.

 

By the time the poor girl had reached Dear Me, she was utterly drenched, the sole of her sandals squeaking with every step she took. Staring at her feet, Hayoon pouted softly, realising that the sandals were goners. Peaking inside Dear Me, Hayoon realised that the place was unusually empty, most likely due to the storm that had scared off anyone from straying from their way home. Gently pushing the door open, Hayoon poked her head in, not wanting to step inside and drip water all over the interiors. The motion of the opening door however caught Minseok’s attention, who upon seeing the drenched state she was in, dropped the bag of beans he was holding and rushed into the back room, returning with a large towel.

 

“Hurry and come inside,” the older male exclaimed. “At this rate you’ll come down with tuberculosis!”

 

“I don’t want to make a mess inside,” The girl protested.

 

Ignoring Hayoon, Minseok pulled her inside and threw the towel around her shaking body.

 

“This won’t do.” Minseok frowned. “Soo, you got spare change of clothes?”

 

Hearing his name being called, Kyungoo emerged from the kitchen, his blank expression replaced with one of concern when he saw the state Hayoon was in.

 

“Come with me.”

 

Grabbing Hayoon’s wrist, Kyungoo pulled her into the back room where the lockers were located. Opening the one with his name, Kyungsoo searched through his gym bag and pulled out a sweater and basketball shorts.

 

“Change into these, then bring your wet clothes out so we can dry them.”

 

Giving Hayoon a stern look as if scolding her for her silly actions, Kyungsoo turned around and closed the door behind him, giving Hayoon the privacy.

 

Peeling the blouse and shorts off of her, Hayoon carefully dried her body with the towel provided by Minseok. Feeling a shiver run down her spine, she quickly pulled on Kyungsoo’s sweater and basketball shorts, welcoming the sensation of the dry clothes on her skin. Wrapping her hair tightly in the towel, Hayoon picked up her wet clothes and sandals before rejoining Minseok and Kyungsoo.

 

Seeing the girl emerge, Minseok took the clothes from her and replaced it with a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

 

“Just what I needed.” Hayoon swooned, her hands cradling the cup of coffee, her fingers barely poking out of the long sleeves.

 

Minseok stared at the petite girl, holding back a laughter at how ridiculously adorable she looked in the oversized sweater and basketball shorts that barely clung onto her. Neither him nor Kyungsoo were tall people. In fact Minseok had initially felt intimidated by Jongin’s height. Nonetheless, Hayoon was so tiny that Minseok could only imagine how she would literally drown in Jongin's clothes.

 

Kyungsoo tugged on the edge of the towel wrapped around Hayoon’s hair, successfully loosening it, earning a squeal of protest from the girl. Letting the towel fall around her neck, Kyungsoo pulled on it as if it were a dog leash.

 

“You’re being granted the honour to keep me company in the kitchen,” Kyungsoo declared. “The heat of the oven ought to dry you up fast.”

 

Holding tightly on her coffee, making sure not to drop it onto the ground, Hayoon turned to look at Minseok who simply gave her a thumbs up, the usual calm smile on his face.

 

Inside the kitchen, Kyungsoo pointed at a stool situated by his work station, signalling Hayoon to sit there as he busied himself with the dough that had been left unattended. Compelling to the silent orders, Hayoon sat on the stool, lifting one leg up and hugging it close to her chest while the other dangled in the air. Resting her chin over her knee, Hayoon made sure to occupy the minimum amount of space possible so as to not be in the way of Kyungsoo working. The man was scary enough when she did no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter