Can't Escape.

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Can't Escape.

 

 

Sehun and Hayoon hurried their way into the KBS building, blocking their ears from the incessant screaming of fangirls and fanboys awaiting the arrival of their beloved idols. It was time for idols currently promoting to arrive for their pre-record their live performances, so for Sehun and Hayoon who were assigned to Music Bank, it was also their busiest day of the week.

 

Shaking her head, Hayoon simply could not wrap her head around how the fans could withstand the heat, all the while screaming their lungs out. Noticing some of the younger fans donning a school uniform, Hayoon frowned slightly, not quite approving of them skipping class in order to be here.

 

Seeing her frown, Sehun poked the girl in between the eyebrows.

 

“Stop judging them. If it weren’t for their dedication there’d be no Music Bank and we wouldn’t have an internship. So in a sense, we should be thanking them instead.”

 

Swatting Sehun’s hand away, Hayoon rolled her eyes. Just as they scanned their ID cards and entered the gates, Hayoon’s phone started buzzing. Whipping her phone out, the girl exhaled loudly, realising that the caller was no other than her mother.

 

“Yes?”

“What took you so long to answer?” Mrs Go’s sharp voice cut through the phone, making Hayoon flinch.

 

“Mum I can’t really talk right now, we’re about to start filming Music Bank,” Hayoon mumbled into the device.

 

“What good is a bunch of youngsters singing and dancing on stage?” Hayoon heard her mum sigh loudly. “You should have gone to the news department. Look at Bae Suzy, she’s now back in Jeju, taking over the family vet business. Her parents are so proud of her.”

 

Again with Bae Suzy, the beautiful and flawless Bae Suzy, the Bae Suzy that will forever haunt Go Hayoon no matter where she was. The wonderful Bae Suzy that Hayoon seems unable to escape from. Chewing on her lip, Hayoon stepped into the lift, humming sounds of acknowledgment into the phone, no longer listening to what her mother was saying.

 

“At least you’re doing something that will actually earn some money now. Anyway I need to go grocery shopping now, don’t have time to talk with you. Bye.”

 

Not waiting for a response, Mrs Go hung up. Hayoon stared blankly at the phone, mildly annoyed at how her mother had made it sound as though Hayoon was wasting her time when she was the one who called to begin with.

 

“Rough start to the morning huh?” Sehun whispered, ruffling Hayoon’s hair in an effort to comfort her.

 

“You’ve got no idea.”

 

Upon reaching their floor, the two stepped out of the lift and into the stage studio where the camera crew were testing their equipment along with the lighting crew. Seeing their supervisor Kwon Boa approach, Sehun and Hayoon bowed quickly while the older woman nodded at them in acknowledgment.

 

“Oh Sehun, you’ll be with the audio team today, make sure the mic feed does not get scrambled during the recording. Go Hayoon, you’ll be in the production control room, make sure we cut to the camera showing the correct performer. We do not want to repeat what happened last time.”

 

Nodding in response, Sehun and Hayoon parted ways, diving into their assigned tasks. Slowly fans started filling the seats around the stage, each holding their fandom light sticks and colourful posters with their idol’s name and photos on. It was only a dry rehearsal for now and yet the fans were already showing great commitment, treating it as the real deal.

 

Hayoon settled herself in the production control room, eyes focused on the different screens showing the first idol group filing onto the stage, their names written in bold letters on a their outfits. Making sure that she had the correct queue sheet, Hayoon quickly scanned the document, familiarising herself with the which member was singing which section of the song so that the she knew which camera feed to cut to. Realising that they were about to start, Hayoon quickly wore her headset, sharpening her focus so as to not make any mistake.

 

By the time rehearsals ended, Hayoon was in a desperate need to rest her eyes. Falling back into her chair, Hayoon removed her headset and glasses, slowly massaging her tired eyes. Feeling a tap on her forehead, the girl’s eyes flickered open, squinting at the blurry figure standing above her.

 

“Stop squinting shortie, it’s just me. Time for some lunch.”

 

Taking her glasses and placing them back on Hayoon’s face, Seh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter