Open Your Eyes.

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Open Your Eyes.

 

 

Saturday could not have come any sooner. Hayoon and the others lugged along bags filled with both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, fruit and random snacks. They made sure to arrive early in order to secure a nice spot by the Han river to admire the spring flowers in full bloom.

 

Looking expectantly at her watch, Hayoon’s eyes roamed around her surroundings, awaiting for the staff of Dear Me to arrive and join them. Jongin had spread out a large picnic sheet on the ground, using random bags and items to weight down the edges. Baekhyun meanwhile was too busy taking photos, nagging at everyone to take a selfie with him, Wendy especially. Yixing had brought along his guitar and was tuning the instrument while Sehun sneakily opened a bottle of beer, deciding to start drinking first.

 

“Oh Sehun, how dare you start drinking without us?” Minseok’s exclaimed as he approached, Irene and Kyungsoo behind him, each one of them carrying boxes of food.

 

Surprised by their sudden appearance, Sehun spluttered some beer as it had gone down the wrong pipe, earning a sneer of disgust from Hayoon due to the beer splatters on her shoes. Seeing that, Kyungsoo immediately put down the box he was holding. Taking out a tissue from his pocket, he knelt down and promptly wiped her shoes.

 

“Thanks,” Hayoon mumbled.

 

“It’s nothing.” Kyungsoo coughed softly, ignoring the teasing stares directed at him.

 

“Are you sure it was ok to close shop early today?” Jongin questioned, distracting Minseok from poking fun of Kyungsoo.

 

“Yeah no worries.” Shrugging his shoulders, Minseok settled down and opened the box he was holding, taking out the food inside. “We deserve a break once in a while too. Plus because we closed early we had left over cakes to bring over here.”

 

Following suit, Irene and Kyungsoo opened their boxes too, and suddenly the centre of the picnic sheet was filled with a real buffet of delicacies.

 

“Oh my god are those the cinnamon rolls?” Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

“The one and only,” Irene replied, smiling widely at Baekhyun’s excitement. “I made these ones though, so can’t guarantee they are comparable to the ones Kyungsoo makes.”

 

“I’m sure they’ll be great,” Baekhyun reassured the girl, grabbing two of the cinnamon rolls and handing one to Wendy, urging her to try it.

 

Wendy’s eyes widened at the first bite of the cinnamon roll, her eyes rolling back at how delicious it tasted. Seeing this reaction, Yixing too took a bite of the cinnamon roll and immediately raised his thumbs up. Irene giggled softly into her hands, ecstatic that her baking was receiving such attention. Sehun and Minseok proceeded to pass drinks around while Jongin remained loyal to Kyungsoo's brownies, secretly hogging the whole thing to himself. Hayoon as expected remained uninterested towards the cinnamon rolls and instead focused on the selection of cheese, salmon, tofu and bulgogi kimbap spread out in front of her.

 

“I couldn’t pass by the famous kimbap,” Kyungsoo scratched the back of his neck apologetically. “So I made these myself.”

 

Giving him a soft smile, Hayoon picked up a piece of the bulgogi kimbap, stuffing it in all in one go. Chewing thoughtfully, curled into a smile as she savoured the balance of the flavours and textures of the kimbap.

 

“These are great,” Hayoon mumbled through a mouthful of food.

 

“Don’t talk with your mouth full,” Kyungsoo chortled, secretly sighing in relief.

 

“Oh my, these shortbread biscuits are adorable!”

 

Picking up a biscuit, Wendy extended her arm towards a nearby tree, comparing the sunflower shortbread with the flowers blooming around her.

 

“I don’t think they are the same type of flower,” Sehun stated in a flat tone.

 

“Duh captain obvious,” Wendy replied, rolling her eyes at the male. “I’m not stupid.”

 

“You’re dating Baek though,” Jongin coughed into his hand.

 

“Yah Kim Jongin, I expected that from Sehun, but you?” Baekhyun rasped in disbelief, a look of betrayal in his eyes. “Sunshine why are they so mean to me?”

 

Hayoon stared at the male, her gaze flat. Lifting an eyebrow, she just patted his head the way she would with a puppy, earning a round of laughter from everyone else.

 

As time went by and the food slowly but steadily diminished Sehun suggested playing drinking games. Thus an unavoidable round of truth and dare commenced.

 

“Jongin, truth or dare?”

 

“Dare.”

 

“Use your to write your name!” Sehun snickered, seeing Jongin’s face morph into one of horror.

 

Yixing promptly started playing an upbeat tune on his guitar, providing accompaniment music to Jongin who fulfilled his dare. By the end of it, he had his hands covering his face, unwilling to look at anyone in the eyes. Hayoon patted him on the back in sympath but was still unable to hold back her laughter much to Jongin’s dismay.

 

"Sunshine, truth or dare?”

 

Freezing in position, Hayoon blinked rapidly, suddenly feeling very weary of the mischievous glint in her friends’ eyes. Gulping loudly, Hayoon chewed on her lip before finally deciding to opt for the safer option, or so she hoped.

 

“Truth.”

 

“Tsk, so boring.” Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

Nonetheless, Sehun and Baekhyun huddled together, secretly whispering in each other’s ears before finally turning around to stare at Hayoon. Kyungsoo could not remove the sensation that their eyes had shifted towards him too for a millisecond.

 

“Who’s the better kisser, Sehun or Yixing.”

 

Both Kyungsoo and Hayoon choked on their drinks while Jongin arched a brow at the two males who posed the question.

 

“Who wants to know this exactly. Baek or Sehun?”

 

“Actually I’m quite curious myself,” Yixing joined in, leaning closer to stare at Hayoon.

 

The poor girl fidgeted around, unsure of where to look as everyone was staring at her, eagerly awaiting for her answer. Inhaling deeply, Hayoon lifted her beer and gulped the remainder of its contents down in one go, deciding that she would much rather go for the punishment than answer the question because either way there will be taunting and teasing afterwards.

 

“Yah shortie, I’m taking personal offence that you didn’t choose me,” Sehun huffed. “Should have been an easy answer.”

 

“Please, I’m a great kisser myself,” Yixing proclaimed defensively.

 

“No one knows that here apart from shortie though, so don’t be so confident.”

 

“Sehun, truth or dare?” Hayoon interrupted the two.

 

Staring at her in the eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter