Sugar Overdose.

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sugar Overdose.

 

 

“And the winner is…”

 

Exhaling, Hayoon leaned against Sehun as the two looked at Soojung on stage, announcing this week’s winner for Music Bank. With just the encore stage left, the two friends were on standby as it was the interns’ job to clean up the confetti and whatever other mess was left on the stage at the end of the show.

 

Jongdae had actually performed earlier too, but hurried off to another schedule the moment he was done, leaving little time for Hayoon to catch up with him. He did give her an energetic wave and yelped his signature ‘wae’ when his manager refused to let him stop by next door to buy a cupcake. Hearing that familiar whine, Hayoon and Sehun both let out a chuckle, shaking their head at how some things simply did not change.

 

“Come on shortie, it’s our time to shine,” Sehun quipped, nudging the girl as he headed towards the stage, broomstick in hand.

 

The camera crew were disconnecting their equipment while rookie idols lingered near the stage, bowing to the passing staff members and thanking them for the hard day’s work. Grabbing another broomstick, Hayoon joined Sehun on stage, bowing back at the idols along the way.

 

“Need a hand?”

 

Peering at the person standing next to her, Hayoon gave the person an unamused stare.

 

“Please Soojung, if I let you hold a broomstick and labour away I’ll have your fans knocking on my door in the middle of the night throwing me death threats.”

 

“Nah,” Sehun interjected. “Kyungsoo would scare them all away with one glare, so you’re safe shortie.”

 

“Kyungsoo?” Soojung questioned, looking at Hayoon expectantly at the mention of the unfamiliar name.

 

“Yes Kyungsoo, her scary boyfriend who looks like he’s ready to murder anyone who dares to lay a finger on her and makes the most delicious cinnamon rolls in the world Kyungsoo.”

 

“Wait boyfriend?!?” Soojung squealed. “I need to meet him.”

 

Sighing loudly, Hayoon stopped sweeping and gave Soojung a resigned look, knowing full well she would never be able to out-argue the star.

 

“Just go to Dear Me and you’ll be able to see him for yourself.”

 

“That’s true,” Sehun snickered. “Maybe you can even post a photo of the place, bring it more business. If you do that Minseok will probably offer you free drinks and dessert for life.”

 

“I'll keep that in mind,” Soojung chuckled, then seeing her manager wave at her she let out a low grumble. “I need to go, I have a script reading session next.”

 

“Don't tire yourself out,” Hayoon chided the girl. “Remember to rest.”

 

“Yes, mother.”

 

Giving them a small wave, Soojung sauntered off the stage to join her manager who was impatiently tapping her feet on the ground.

 

Finishing up cleaning the stage, they headed towards the lift, heading down towards the cafe to grab something to eat to soothe their rambling stomaches. Entering the cafe, they saw Jackson waving at them enthusiastically while Jinyoung gave them a nod of acknowledgment.

 

“You go sit first, I’ll grab us something to eat and drink.”

 

Nodding at Sehun, Hayoon padded towards the other two males, dropping her body in the chair with a plop.

 

“Long day?” Jinyoung asked, eyeing the tired looking girl.

 

“Tell me about it.” Hayoon removed her glasses to rub her face. “I have a migraine from the screaming fangirls.”

 

“Next week you’ll get to see Big Bang though!” Jackson exclaimed with excitement. “They’re finally having their long awaited comeback. That is like, stuff that will go down in history.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter