When You Smile, Sunshine.

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
When You Smile, Sun Shines.

 

 

Sehun stretched his limbs, yawning loudly as they finally left KBS. It had been a long day but by now both Sehun and Hayoon had adapted to how hectic and stressful filming could become for Music Bank. Like always, Sehun draped his arm around Hayoon’s shoulder as the two headed towards the tube station.

 

“So,” Sehun mumbled. “Should I prepare myself for an awkward dinner because you try but miserably fail to act normal around Jongin?”

 

The tall male felt the girl’s shoulders sink under his arm. Any energy that was left in her drained away in an instant.

 

“Is it that obvious?” Hayoon muttered under her breath.

 

“Not only that,” Sehun grunted. “It’s so bad that Baek called me the other day demanding answers.”

 

Hayoon groaned, ruffling her hair as they stood on the platform, waiting for the train.

 

“This wasn’t supposed to happen.”

 

Raising an eyebrow at the girl, Sehun let out an unamused chuckle.

 

“I think you know better than anyone else that matters of the heart listens to no logic.” Flicking the girl’s forehead, Sehun added. “Also, why isn’t it supposed to happen? We all saw it coming from miles away.”

 

Hayoon remained silent, her eyes distant as she ruminated on Sehun’s words. Sehun squeezed her shoulders gently, tugging her back to reality and out of her thoughts just as their train came to a stop in front of them.

 

“Jongin deserves better.”

 

“What is that supposed to mean?” Sehun frowned at the girl, not liking the direction this was going.

 

“Jongin is Jongin. And I’m just me. Plain and simple.”

 

“Yes, Jongin is Jongin, and you’re just you.” Sehun agreed. “Just amazing. Plain and simple.”

 

Hayoon simply gave the male a disbelieving look.

 

“I’m no Snow White.”

 

“Now what the hell is that supposed to mean?” Sehun scratched his chin in confusion. “Just spill it already, you’re going through woes pertaining to matters of the heart yourself aren’t you?”

 

Just then, they reached their stop. Ignoring Sehun’s question, Hayoon stepped off the train, hurrying towards the exit of the station, leaving Sehun lagging behind, frowning at how the girl did not even try to come up with an answer.

 

“This is not over!” The male shouted after the girl, his eye twitching in frustration at her lack of response.

 

Leaving the station and crossing the road, Sehun and Hayoon entered the pizza restaurant where Baekhyun had made a booking. Baekhyun, Wendy, Yixing and Jongin were already settled inside, appetisers and drinks spread across the table.

 

“Took you guys long enough,” Baekhyun exclaimed upon seeing them.

 

To Hayoon’s dismay, Sehun had occupied the seat next to Yixing, leaving the only available seat the one next to Jongin. Sighing internally, Hayoon sat down in the chair. Sensing Jongin shifting in his seat, she turned to look at him and the male gave her a tight smile.

 

Hayoon felt a tug in her heart, overwhelmed with guilt for being the cause of Jongin’s discomfort and woes. Reaching for his hand under the table, Hayoon gave it a light reassuring squeeze. Jongin looked at her in surprise, but soon traces of disappoin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter