Christmas Miracle.

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Christmas Miracle.

 

 

After a rather eventful and messy trip to the supermarket, Hayoon had finally returned to the flat with the boys in tow, each holding a large bag of groceries.

 

“Took you guys long enough,” Baekhyun huffed as he and Wendy finished decorating the flat.

 

“I'm never going grocery shopping with the three of them together ever again,” Hayoon announced, dropping her coat and scarf in her room. “It’s a nightmare. Worse than going with a bunch of toddlers.”

 

“You wound me shortie,” Sehun chuckled. “We’re your three musketeers; devoted and loyal to you and you only. There's no getting rid of us anytime soon.”

 

“Wait, I’m supposed to be the third musketeer!” Baekhyun frowned, offended to find out that he had been replaced.

 

Sehun however ignored the male and focused on unpacking the drinks, putting them in the fridge. Hayoon and Wendy in the meantime busied themselves in the kitchen, preparing the food for their Christmas dinner. Yixing had put himself in charge of music and the flat was soon filled with cheerful festive tunes. He had also somehow forced Jongin, Sehun and Baekhyun to wear ridiculous hoodies in the shape of a Christmas tree, while Hayoon and Wendy got away with just reindeer antlers much to their relief.

 

Soon, they were all gathered around the dinner table with a large spread of bulgogi, kimchi pancakes, japchae and colourful rice cakes in front of them.

 

“Wait, what about the Christmas cake?” Jongin asked, searching the kitchen for the missing item.

 

“Sehun, don’t tell me you forgot to buy the cake!” Hayoon gasped in horror.

 

“Baek called me saying he had it sorted,” the tall male said in defence.

 

“Don’t you worry Sunshine,” Baekhyun replied calmly, while filling everyone’s glass with prosecco. “I’ve got it all sorted. It will be delivered to us later. Now then, cheers!”

 

Giving Sehun a knowing look and ignoring Hayoon’s suspicious one, Baekhyun raised his glass and cheered loudly.

 

・・・

 

With the plates on the table emptied of food, Jongin promptly moved the dirty dishes into the sink, letting them soak in water. Then everyone shifted towards the living room, sitting on the floor around the coffee table, not forgetting to bring the drinks along the move.

 

The whole evening was filled with roaring laughter, with Yixing being the main mood maker due to his unintentional silly behaviour. The highlight was most certainly his hilarious rendition of Jingle Bells where he utterly butchered the English lyrics. Hayoon found herself clutching tightly on her stomach for dear life, tears threatening to fall out from how much she was laughing. Sehun too, had a hard time catching his breath as nothing had prepared him for what was happening before him and Jongin had given up trying to remain seated and was just sprawled all over the floor, his body exhausted from laughing.

 

“Alright!” Baekhyun suddenly announced, slamming his drink on the coffee table, successfully getting everyone’s attention.

 

“Yah, careful not to break the table.” Hayoon frowned, looking at the male with disapproval.

 

“That doesn’t matter right now,” Baekhyun huffed. “What I’m about to announce is very very important so listen up you people because you will bear witness to the most important event of the year.”

 

Hayoon, Jongin and Sehun exchanged knowing looks while Wendy looked utterly confused. As for Yixing, the male was somehow still in his own little world, oblivious to his surroundings.

 

“These idiots I call best friends have been busting my balls for weeks.” Baekhyun started talking, turning his body to face Wendy. “And maybe they were right to do so, because I honestly feel like I’ve been wasting too much time. This is far from the romantic atmosphere that I had always fantasised about but screw that, what matters is that I finally take matters into my own hands and am true with my emotions so, Wendy.”

 

Hearing her name, Wendy immediately straightened up, her hands clenching together in anticipation.

 

“Will you make me the happiest man on earth and officially become my girlfriend? I promise that like the moon with the Earth, I shall orbit around you and you only. I will devote my whole being to orbit around your existence. Through bad and good, you won't be getting rid of me anytime soon.”

 

Wendy slapped her hand over . Jumping out of her sitting position, she dived into Baekhyun's o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter