Chapter Two

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"YA! Lee Donghae wait till I get my hands on you!" students moved to the side as mentioned boy snickered as he ran past them with a drenched (Y/N) hot on his heels. "I didn't do anything wrong! Besides, you look better this way!"

"Shut up, you brat!" she shouted back and leapt forward and grabbed a handful of his hair and tugged it back as hard as she could. "OW!" he yelped, as tears automatically sprung to his eyes, "it hurts! Let go!"

"What a baby," (Y/N) scoffed as she let go of the fistful of hair and crossed her arms over her chest while Donghae petted his own hair and made sure nothing was amiss. As they cooled down while they glared at each other, the bell rang, which made both sigh in relief.

They wouldn't see each other until lunch now.

-

"Lee Donghae, come out, please," Donghae frowned when Teacher Lee poked his head through the classroom door and stared straight at Donghae, which resulted in a wave of whispers from the other students. Donghae, eyebrow raised, exited the classroom and followed Mr Lee to his office.

"What is this about, sir?" he wondered as he sat in the seat opposite the Assistant Headteacher and looked at him owlishly. Teacher Lee chuckled at his expression and slid him a document, a small smile lifted on his lips. "This is for you."

"Uh..." Donghae skimmed over the contents and his eyes rounded in surprise before his face scrunched in disgust. He glanced at Teacher Lee to ensure he was joking, but his face fell at the stern expression on the Assistant Headteacher's face.

"Why?!" he pouted, which made Teacher Lee shake his head and then sigh. The man looked away from his puppy expression and then pinched the bridge of his nose, "I'm sorry, Donghae-ah. It's the only way you can go onto the next grade. You need the extra credit. Also, you're not the only one who has to do this, son."

"B-but a pen pal club?! Since when did that exist, anyway?!"

Donghae could already imagine the number of teases he'd receive if he were to tell anyone he was now a part of a pen pal club. He chose there and then to stay silent, especially from (Y/N). He'd never hear the end of it.

-

"Heard you had to join a pen pal club, Donghae. How's that going?" Sungmin teased at the dinner table, which made Donghae freeze and then his lips protruded as he was reminded of his misfortune. He stuck out his tongue and shrank in his seat as he continued to eat in silence.

"A pen pal club? Why would you-" Donghae cut off his father's question with a glare and his pout grew, "it's not fair! Teacher Lee said my grades were really bad! So, I have to join his stupid club!"

"Huh? But your report-" Donghae's mother was cut off by him this time, "no! No more talking about the club! Mama, more food, please!"

"What a kid," Sungmin snorted and stuck out his tongue when Donghae glared at him. Donghae grinned as his hair was caressed by his mother before she went to add some more food in his plate.

-

Hi,

This is really awkward. I don't know what to really say. Apparently, you're not allowed to reveal names in this?... so... uh...

I'm a dude? Oh, I'm 16.

I think that should be enough intro without anyone complaining?

Oh, yeah, I also love football. I play every day.

Um...

The weather outside is good? Actually, not that good, I had to skip outdoor practice thanks to the rain.

A fact about me is I'm the youngest of three.

That's really it, I suppose? Hope you're doing well.

Aiden

-

(Y/N) read the letter a few times before she giggled at how shy this boy sounded. She sealed the letter again and slipped it into her backpack before she closed her locker. A yelp escaped when she saw Donghae leaned against the locker beside her as he stared at her.

"What do you want? Not got anything else to look at?" she rolled her eyes, and stormed past him and made sure their shoulders brushed, which resulted in the boy's scoff. "No, actually, I do. Just that my mother wanted you to come over for dinner. I don't know why; I mean you're already as fat as a cow."

"Oh, shut up, you rat! At least I don't stink all the time. Jee, when was the last time you bathed?!" to emphasise her point, she pinched her nose, which made Donghae roll his eyes and he shook his head.

"I just finished practice. Did you expect me to smell like flowers or something? Anyway, I'm going home. Call if you're coming over, though," he said with a softer tone this time as (Y/N) waved her hand in front of her nose.

"Mm'kay," (Y/N) answered and both nodded before they parted ways and went their separate directions.

-

Hi,

I read your letter, and this is my response... I guess?

I'm a girl and I'm 16 too. So, we're probably in the same year.

Yes, the weather these days hasn't been that great. I think we're in for a cold and wet autumn this year.

My brother and his friend play football too, you may be on the same team.

Youngest of three? Coincidence! I'm one of three too... just not the youngest, though.

A fact about me? A fact about me is I haven't had a pet. Ever. Quite tragic, actually.

A guilty pleasure of mine is watching basketball practice instead of studying. It's really bad. Hankyung oppa is really handsome, you know.

Maybe I shared a bit too much there, but that's the point of this, I guess?

Hope you're well, Aiden! (By the way, I love that name!)

Choy

-

Donghae read the letter and then grinned as he went to the field in his uniform. He shoved the letter in his bag as he was greeted by Siwon and a few of the other members before he found himself in front of the coach. "Sorry, coach, I can't join today. I need to visit the basketball stadium and go home."

"Uh, okay... only because you never miss practice. See you tomorrow, Donghae," Donghae nodded while he grinned and bowed before he ran back through the field and turned the corner but collided against someone.

"Ow!" both blurted in pain and rubbed their foreheads before they looked at each other and then their eyes widened. "You?! What are you doing here?!"

"I'm going to watch the football practice, why, am I not allowed, your highness?" (Y/N) answered, making Donghae huff and roll his eyes, "whatever. I'm going to the basketball match. Get lost. I'll be going."

"Good. Bye," (Y/N) replied before both shot up on their feet and went separate ways.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter