Chapter One

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, who are you?!" you demanded when you saw a boy, who looked to be around your age, sat in the sandbox and giggled away as he knocked over another boy's castle. The latter began to cry, but the other seemed to find it funny as he clapped his hands in excitement.

"Who, Donghae?!" the boy shouted, as he pointed at himself and you nodded furiously, as you glared at him harshly. The boy stuck out his tongue childishly and crossed his arms. "Donghae! Who are you?!"

"(Y/N)! Why are you destwoying the castle?!" you wondered out of curiosity and Donghae looked at the mess he'd made and then back at you before he scratched his head and shrugged his shoulders. "A'dunno! Why? You wanna pway with Donghae?!"

"No!" you answered with a poke of your own tongue and stomped to the sniffing boy as he stared between you both. "Hi! I'm Choi (Y/N)! Come pway!"

"U-um, okay..." the boy mumbled shyly and smiled at you, "I'm Kim Kibum... nice to meet you..."

"Come, let's pway on swings!" you smiled and dragged Kibum from the sandpit by his hand and led him to the swings. "Hey! What about Donghae?!" Donghae whined after us and you stuck your tongue out at him, "no buwy!"

"Donghae no buwy!" Donghae insisted with a pout, but you shook your head in denial, and away from him quickly, "yeah! Donghae buwy!"

"Pway with Donghae!" he whined as he chased you, arms stretched in front of him. You shook your head in refusal and rushed further from him but were forced to stop with a groan when you suddenly hit into someone.

Donghae crashed into your back and you both fell on the ground, whining as you rubbed your head. "Owie! Why you stop?!"

"Young Master, come on. Let's go home," the man started as he smiled down at you both. He helped you stand up and brushed off the dirt from your clothes before he turned to Donghae and picked him up. Donghae grinned at him and then pointed at you in excitement, "Donghae's fwiend! (Y/N)!"

"No fwiend! Donghae a buwy!" you pointed back at Donghae and stuck your tongue out in disagreement. The man looked between you both and then chuckled, as he shook his head, "aigoo, you're both so cute. Where are your parents, (Y/N)-ah?"

"Um, I dunno!" you shrugged and then pointed to where your brother had played alone, but he was now joined with Kibum, "my oppa and my friend!"

"No! Donghae your friend!" Donghae whined, as he jutted out his bottom lip cutely. You stuck your tongue out and then turned away from him. "Ah... it was nice meeting you; Little Miss. Young Master has to go now. Come on, say goodbye, Young Master."

"Aww..." Donghae whined and then waved at you. "Bye, fwiend! See you!" You saw the man carry Donghae away as the boy stared back at you curiously before you grinned and ran towards them. "Uh... bye Donghae..."

-

"Who was that, Young Master? You've already made a friend, huh?" Mr Kim asked me as he opened the car door and put me in my seat and strapped me in straight after. "Mhm, Donghae fwiend!"

"See, I knew you'd settle in perfectly. So, you think you can go say sorry to daddy when we get home?" Mr Kim questioned me as he sat in his own seat and started the car. My lower lip jutted out in a pout before a quiet sigh escaped my lips. "Yep... Donghae sowwy..."

"Good boy. Come on, let's go home and unpack, yeah? Your Nemo activities are still packed away, after all," Mr Kim informed while he drove and my eyes brightened at the memory of my books, but then they watered as I thought of how they had been stored away for the past few weeks without any company. "Poor Nemo..."

"I'm sure they'll forgive you, Young Master. Now, are you going to tell me about your day?" Mr Kim wondered, and I nodded, and grinned brightly as I started to tell Mr Kim about everything that had happened today. From when I woke up in the new household to meeting my new friend, Choi (Y/N).

"Awh, I'm happy for you both. I hope you meet her again," Mr Kim told me and I nodded happily, hands going together to clap cutely. "What about you, ahjussi? How was your day?"

"My day? It went very well. I called my friend to let him know I'm back in town. I'm going to meet him tomorrow, just like you are going to meet daddy's friend," Mr Kim said as he turned into the driveway of our new house. I grinned as he helped me out of the car and held my hand so we could walk to the front.

"Hey, squirt! How's your day been?!" I heard a familiar voice question as I stepped over the front door line. My smile brightened as I rushed to hug my oldest brother who chuckled and ruffled my hair in fondness.

"Hyung! Donghae made a new fwiend! Hyung, wanna pway with Hae?!" I asked with wide eyes and giggled as I was picked up and thrown over my brother's shoulder before he ran across to the living room and left me in bright laughter.

"Vroom, vroom!" he made noises from his mouth, which resulted in my increased laughter as he picked up speed, but suddenly he stopped and dropped me on the sofa. I giggled as he kissed my cheeks and forehead before he lay down beside me and my hair.

"Love you, hyungie," I murmured as my breaths slowly evened out. A smile was on my face as Donghwa ran his fingers through my hair and massaged my head. Slowly, I began to feel drowsy and before I knew it, I had dozed off into slumber.

-

When I awoke again, I had changed location noticeably. Instead of in the living room I fell asleep in, I was on bed with my father and he gently patted my back. "Hey, baby. You awake?"

"Mhm..." I mumbled sleepily and yawned as I rubbed my eyes to wake up. I grinned slightly as my father ruffled my hair and gently picked me up to hug me. "I was concerned when I came home and there was no HaeHae asking how my day was. I thought you were still upset with me from this morning."

"No! Daddy, Hae sowwy. Hae was wong," I pouted, and leaned my chin on my father to look up in his eyes. He smiled at me and then ruffled my hair before he shook his head, "aigoo, thank you for apologising, HaeHae. Daddy is also sorry for being too loud in the morning."

"It's okay, daddy," I grinned and giggled when my father wrapped his arms around me to hug me gently. A kiss to my head had me smiling as he told me about how long my nap was and that I should go and eat. "Neh, okay, daddy..."

-

"Eomma, I want pancake, pwease!" you told your mother as you saw said food sat on the plate of your father. The couple smiled at you and your mother leaned to ruffle your hair before she nodded, "just a few minutes, kiddo. I'll go make some now."

"Fank you!" you grinned happily at the thought of pancakes and waved as your mother left the table with another ruffle of your hair. "So, (Y/N), we're going to meet my friend today. Are you excited?"

"Fwiend?" you repeated curiously and remembered your encounter from the day prior as you tilted your head at your father. "Appa fwiend?"

"Yes, we'll be meeting him and his family today. He has a boy around your age, I hope you get along well," he nodded thoughtfully and then ruffled your h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter