Chapter Seven

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You both looked up at each other, disbelief in your eyes. Your eyes were searching for just an ounce of confusion in them, having some sort of wonder as to why he was being called.

Seeing none, you paused and inhaled sharply. Donghae seemed nervous and was fidgeting with his fingers as he stared at you in shock. "You're... (Y/N)?"

"Nah, then, idiot. You're Aiden? Damn, I would never have known," you mumbled and Donghae flicked your forehead for the idiot comment before he nodded and quietly agreed to your words.

There was another awkward silence as you stared at each other, eyes drawing to the other even if  tried you not to. You couldn't help it. Aiden was Donghae. Donghae was Aiden. That was great news!

"Does this change-" you both paused and looked at each other blinkingly. After staring in each others eyes for a moment, your lips spread out into identical grins.

-

They had both decided to get together at a nearby tteokbokki shop, slipping into a private booth in case someone else was skiving too and saw them. They would never hear the end of it.

"Ah, it's Donghae and (Y/N)! It's so nice to see you two here after so long! How come you're together?!" they both grinned politely at the owner who was waving her fists in excitement as she placed her notebook down at their table, "annyeong, halmeoni!"

"Halmeoni, it's our first date! Aren't we cute?!" Donghae grinned brightly, eyes crinkling at the corners and (Y/N) playfully nudged him, a shy smile on her own face while the owner burst into almost squeals, clapping her hands, "wow, that's great! Of course, you're cute! I've been waiting for this since you stepped in my shop for the first time!"

"Halmeoni, we were three!" (Y/N) screeched, looking scandalised while the owner just laughed heartily, shaking her head at them, "ah, I knew it would happen. Anyway, since you came here for your first date, food is on the house!"

"Oh, we'll eat your store dry!" Donghae promised with a large grin and (Y/N) nodded her head along, a teasing smile on her face while the owner laughed and shook her head again, "okay, dears. I'll be back in a bit."

Once she'd left their booth to go to the kitchen, (Y/N) shyly slipped her fingers through his, pulling his hand on her thigh and Donghae jerked slightly before a smile pulled at his lips.

"I was right. We'd be pretty cute together," Donghae commented offhandedly, making a short burst of laughter escape (Y/N)'s lips. Donghae blushed as she leaned over to peck his cheek and then entangle both their hands together.

"By the way, what do we do about Sungmin and Siwon? They made a fool out of us," (Y/N) frowned and Donghae shook his head, a small smirk playing on his lips, "no, we play them back. We'll make them believe we still hate each other."

"How long do you plan to keep that up?" (Y/N) asked blankly and Donghae chuckled, a smile spreading on his lips. "How about three years?"

"Three- what?" (Y/N) sputtered out of disbelief and Donghae grinned at her, "our loving fathers want to send us abroad to continue our study on business management. If we convince everyone we hate each other when we leave and until after we come back, isn't that a win for us?"

"I see where you're coming from, except, when was I going to find out I'd be away from home for a whole three years?" (Y/N) asked and Donghae shrugged before he smiled at her. "I really, really, like you, (Y/N)."

"I really, really, like you too, Donghae."

-

Aiden
Hey, did you get home safe?

Choy
Oh, hey!

Choy
I still need to change your contact, but yes, I did! What about you?

Aiden
Oh, I need to too. I got home fine except Sungmin hyung couldn't stop making fun of my 'lack of love life'

Choy Choy🥰
Well you know that's not true anymore ;)

Hae💙
Ofc :)

Hae💙
Where did you wanna go for the next one?

Choy Choy🥰
When?

Hae 💙
How's this weekend sound?

Choy Choy🥰
Ofc that sounds great!

Hae💙
Awesome!

Hae💙
Where should we go?

Choy Choy🥰
No

Hae💙
?

Choy Choy🥰
I mean firstly we have to make sure Sungmin oppa and Siwon oppa don't know, right??

Hae💙
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Make that the whole families. Once one person finds out, even our grandparents will know 🙄

Choy Choy🥰
Exactly 😭

Hae💙
Okay, you say to your family you are hanging out with friends, and I'll say I'm going to football practice?

Choy Choy🥰
Don't lie to eomoni and abeonim, just say you're hanging with friends too?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter