Epilogue

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"CEO Lee! CEO Choi! We all have a final question everyone wants answered. Who will be taking over your positions as CEO?!"

The two middle-aged men smirked at each other and then looked to the end of the conference room which were shoved open just a few moments later. The shouts for attention were reduced to whispers and everyone stilled as Donghae and (Y/N) both pushed open the double doors and walked down the red carpeted floors, one of their hands holding Aiden's hand as the boy walked between them and Hongki sat on Donghae's arm.

Siwon and Sungmin snickered when a collective gasp sounded around the conference room, all the reporters rushing to photograph the couple who'd taken the stage with their two boys. Thank goodness the two had remembered to put masks on their sons faces beforehand.

"Welcome to our new CEOs, our next heirs, Lee Donghae and Choi (Y/N)!" (Y/N)'s father cheered and clapped his hands as their two children stopped in front of them and Donghae bowed deeply, his gaze sharp even though there was a gentle smile on his lips.

Once he straightened, he tried ignoring Hongki's curious pokes to his chest and went over to the microphone, letting go of Aiden's hand. The boy immediately pouted and trotted after his dad, hiding his face in his leg shyly as everyone surrounding them cooed at his cutesy attitude.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Lee Donghae; the next joint CEO of Choi&Lee Corp. I will be taking the place of my father and diligently work so that you are never disappointed in my work. I'd also like this chance to introduce my family; you already know (Y/N)-ssi, the Director and now the CEO in place of Mr Choi, and these are our sons. We would like to make it official from now that we are staying in Korea until the time comes to expand the company beyond the West. Thank you for accepting us, and I hope you continue to support us in the future as you have been doing for the past months. Thank you, everyone!"

"Donghae's-ssi, (Y/N)-ssi!"

"Who are your sons?" 

"We weren't aware you were married!"

"When did you get married?"

"Why did you hide it?!"

"How does it feel not being the most wanted bachelor anymore, Donghae-ssi?!"

"You hid it for so long; why?!"

"Who are those boys?!"

"(Y/N)-ssi, why aren't you speaking up?!"

"When will your baby be due, (Y/N)-ssi?"

"Donghae-ssi, please accept an exclusive interview!"

"Donghae-ssi! (Y/N)-ssi!"

"Tell us everything!"

"Papa!" Hongki cried, afraid of the loud yells spread around the room and Donghae glanced at his father who immediately took the boy to console him while (Y/N)'s father lifted Aiden whose eyes grew nervous from the attention. (Y/N) slipped her hand in her husband's and inhaled deeply before she went closer to the microphone, keeping her expression neutral.

"I'm Choi (Y/N), and I will be taking the position of my father in Choi&Lee Corp with my husband Donghae-ssi. We have agreed on this conference to be the only interview we will be giving regarding our family and the future of the company, so we will only be answering questions related to the corp. However, regarding your question about our sons, they really are our sons... and we will be welcoming a baby girl soon to complete our little family. We thank you for your support."

Donghae smiled as their fathers' and brothers' eyes widened in disbelief, their jaws dropping in shock. They hadn't told anyone except Hyukjae they would be having a baby girl until that moment, and the families were convinced it was going to be another boy. They just wished they could see their mothers' reactions too because they would surely be over the moon. 

"The first girl in my family! This... this is amazing!" Donghae's father breathed out with tears in his eyes and (Y/N) giggled as he came over to give her a hug, a huge smile of pride beaming on his face. He gently punched Donghae's shoulder and scoffed lightly, "you know how much I wanted a girl; how could you hide it from me, huh?"

"We wanted to surprise you," Donghae chuckled and then turned to their audience who had been whispering to each other as they snapped shots of them all. (Y/N)'s father quickly walked over to her and pressed a kiss to her forehead, his eyes wet in joy, "I am so, so happy for you. For you both. I wish you all the best and I know you will both be the best parents for that little girl."

"Thank you, abeoji," Donghae and (Y/N) responded fondly and he nodded while Aiden giggled and pecked his cheek cutely, "halbae, don't cry! Aiden loves you~"

"Ah, your family is going to be the death of me one day," he frowned and hid his face behind his arm as he began sobbing against Aiden's hair. Donghae and (Y/N) chuckled as the boy's eyes widened in disbelief and he patted his grandfather's head lightly, his lips drawn into a soft pout.

"Congratulations, Hae and (Y/N)-ie, we're so happy for you!" their brothers called out and the couple chuckled, giving them thumbs-up before they finally turned to the reporters and anchors, ready to answer their questions and face the things they had been afraid of ever since the day they'd gotten married.

-

It was around a week later they both received the news that Youngwoon's parents would be coming to Korea and they were thrilled to say the least. Even more so when Donghwa shyly told them his relationship with Sora had developed into something more and she'd be coming to Korea soon with her parents as well. Hyukjae didn't even hesitate before asking Hyoyeon to join them, and she'd agreed quickly.

The week later, the young couple and Hyukjae were finishing preparing the buffet table for their guests while the boys slept when the doorbell rang. Even though all three had offered to pick them up, Donghwa insisted he would go himself and so they were busy making sure everything was perfect for their huge family's visit.

"Oh, come in! Come in!" they heard Donghae's mother call happily and they glanced at each other before they quickly went to the huge hallway where they saw Youngwoon's parents followed in by Hyukjae's parents, sister and girlfriend. Hyoyeon lit up when she saw them and she quickly came closer to them, placing her hands on Hyukjae's neck to give him a gentle kiss before she turned to the couple and shook their hands happily, "hi, you two! Congratulations on your baby girl! I'm so excited for you!"

"Thank you, Hyo," both chuckled and guided her to the large living room with Hyukjae holding her hand gently. They heard Youngwoon's parents whistle in awe before his mother lit up in joy, "hey kids, where's our cutie Aiden and my adorable little grandson?! I can't wait to see them both!"

"Halmae?" they heard a drowsy voice ask and they all looked to the staircase where Aiden stood, rubbing sleep out of his eyes. Youngwoon's parents brightened and laughed heartily as the boy paused before rushing down the stairs and into their arms, completely ignoring (Y/N)'s and Donghae's desperate calls for him to be careful.

"Hello, Aiden, halmae and halbae missed you so much! How are you, baby boy?!"

Donghae and (Y/N) chuckled as the elderly couple engaged in an animated conversation with Aiden, not even noticing they'd already gone to the living room where Hyoyeon and Hyukjae were. The couple chuckled and then greeted Hyukjae's parents and sister, inviting them to sit inside and it was then that they noticed their own parents staring at them with conflicted expressions on their faces.

"Um... what's wrong?"

"We don't know how we feel about them calling our grandchildren theirs," (Y/N)'s mother said slowly and the couple blinked when the other three nodded, eyes expressing their displeasure.

"Hongki is their grandchild much more than he is yours, eomma, appa. He's Youngwoon's son," Donghae slowly explained, eyebrow raising slowly while his parents' and (Y/N)'s parents' eyes widened in utter shock, "what?!"

"You cheated on Donghae?!"

"Wait, what? No! We adopted Hongki because his mother wanted us to! We just didn't think it was that big of a deal. It doesn't make him any less of our child even though he doesn't carry our blood!" (Y/N) hissed out and glared at her parents in annoyance, "I can't believe you'd think I cheated on Donghae."

"We... our... their grandson is an adopted child? Please tell me you haven't put him on the family registry. We can't accept a stranger's kid in our family! He can't take over the company either!"

"Appa! He is our son we've been raising with all our love and affection, and we will continue doing so until he decides he no longer wants that. One day, he may decide to live with his mother or with his grandparents, but he will always be our son just as he is his biological parents' son. Of course we put him on our family registry; he's our responsibility and the trust his father and his mother left for us. If that is a problem for you, maybe you shouldn't see Aiden and our daughter either! Come on, (Y/N)-ah, let's get out of here."

(Y/N)'s eyes were burning with tears of betrayal and she scoffed as she went up the stairs to take Hongki who was still napping in her childhood bedroom. She inhaled deeply as she stared down at the boy innocently on his thumb and kneeled down, lifting one hand to smooth across his cheek, "baby, are you waking up? Halmae and halbae are here to see you."

"Mm... mama?" the boy sleepily opened his eyes and smiled at (Y/N) before he frowned and held her face between his palms. (Y/N) couldn't help the sob that passed her lips and she quickly wiped at her tears, but Hongki pouted, sitting up so he could place their noses together, "mama, no cwy!"

"Oh, I love you so much," (Y/N) breathed, tears dripping down her cheeks while Hongki quickly wiped at them and kissed her nose just as she did to him whenever he was upset, "mama..."

-

"Hello... oh, hey, Siwon oppa, Sungmin oppa, what's up?" (Y/N) opened the door from the intercom and smiled as the two glanced around before they showed the huge gift boxes in their hands, "we brought gifts for Aiden, Hongki and of course our princess! Can we come in?"

"Oh, of course! We haven't gone shopping for the baby yet, so anything you brought is helpful. Thanks, oppa-deul," (Y/N) giggled and let them in before she shut the door, making them turn to her in confusion, "we thought your apartment would be roaming with people. What happened?"

"Hyukjae's family and Youngwoon's parents are staying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter