Chapter Twenty-Two

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is... that's him, right?" Donghae's mother asked as she tugged (Y/N)'s mother's sleeve, and her friend looked over to where she was staring, seeing a young man with vibrant blue hair walking out of the glass doors with a little boy sat on his shoulders while he held his legs and a pram in front of him. The boy was laughing happily as he gripped on the man's hair with one hand and with the other, he held up his lollipop he was on.

"Hyukjae-ssi?" Donghwa asked as he went closer to the man who'd stopped, and his eyebrows furrowed before he turned to Donghwa and slowly smiled, "ah, you must be Donghwa-ssi. They were right, he really does have your eyes. Where are they, anyway?"

"They're on house arrest," Donghwa sighed with a roll of his eyes and then smiled at the little boy, "hello, Aiden. Do you want to come to samcheon?" he offered his hands to the boy who tilted his head curiously and then pouted, "where Aiden daddy and mummy?"

"They're at samcheon's house," Donghwa said gently and smiled when the boy hesitantly outstretched his arms to him and made grabby motions with his fists. Donghwa lifted him off Hyukjae's shoulders and held him while the other man fixed his backpack and the luggage before he looked at him curiously, "are we going to the penthouse or your home?"

"We'll drop off (Y/N)-ah's and our mothers and then I'll take you to the penthouse with Aiden and Hongki. Let's go," Donghwa nodded towards Hyukjae's luggage and the latter agreed with a smile when Aiden giggled in excitement. They both walked over to the two mothers and Hyukjae bowed in greeting while the mothers were too excited about seeing Aiden that they simply melted when he flashed them his adorable toothy smile.

"Hello, Aiden, how are you?" Donghae's mother asked gently and Aiden looked at her curiously before he looked at Hyukjae and then back at her, "um, Aiden fine. We go to eomma?" Donghwa smiled at the boy's expression and then nodded at the two mothers, "let's go."

They all got into the car with Donghwa, Hyukjae and Hongki at the front and the two mothers sat with a clearly uncomfortable Aiden between them. They were only in the car for five minutes when Aiden suddenly burst into tears, surprising Hyukjae and Donghwa out of their conversation as the younger turned and looked at Aiden, "sweetie, what's wrong? Are you hungry?"

"Ani, where mama and dada? Aiden wants mummy!" the boy cried and Hyukjae frowned before he stretched his free hand to caress his hair and cheek gently, "baby, we're going to mama and dada, okay? Do you want to call them?"

When Aiden slowly nodded as he tried wiping his tears, Hyukjae video called Donghae and offered the phone to Aiden who bent his head and grabbed it happily. "Why isn't he picking up..." (Y/N)'s mother asked quietly as the boy's face fell when the call went ignored.

Hyukjae noticed his crestfallen expression through the rear-view mirror and turned to tickle the boy's chubby tummy, making him immediately giggle as he tried to fight off Hyukjae's hand, "hehe, uncle Hyuk! That's funny!"

"You're so ticklish, cutie. Oh, right, shall we call halbae and halmeoni to tell them you're home?" Hyukjae asked as he released Aiden's shirt and the latter hurriedly nodded as he passed the phone to Hyukjae who called someone. Donghwa noticed the two mothers frowning but shot them a quick glance to prevent them from saying anything.

"Hyukjae-ssi, we were waiting for you to call. Eomma and appa have been worried sick about Aiden and Hongki! Eomma, appa, come and talk to Hyukjae-ssi and your favourite grandson!" the caller said in an excited voice and Hyukjae bowed politely before he smiled, "alright. Annyeong, eomoni, abeoji, how are you?"

"Missing Aiden and Hongki terribly! Where are those little angels, anyway?" the elderly woman questioned when she saw no Aiden or Hongki, who were usually either perched on Hyukjae's shoulders or hiding their faces in the man's chest, and her face brightened when Hyukjae turned the screen to Hongki and she heard the unmistakable voice chirp, "halmae!"

"Hello, sweetie! How was your trip?" she asked and thanked Hyukjae when he handed the phone to Aiden before the boy erupted in excitement, "halmae, look! Uncle Hyuk gave Aiden new shoes from Uncle 'Gwoon!"

"Did he?" the older woman asked in a quieter tone and everyone heard the small hiccup, but she quickly cleared and laughed, "can halmae see? Are they pretty?"

"Look, lights!" Aiden answered happily as he tried pointing the camera to his Pororo shoes which flashed blue as he shook his foot, but then accidentally dropped the phone, making the phone cut off, "oops, sorry! Uncle Hyuk, phone, hurt!"

"Oh, Aiden. Here, let me help you," Donghae's mother said gently and Aiden watched with wide eyes as she bent down to grab the phone before she placed it in his hand. Donghwa and Hyukjae both laughed when the boy's cheeks reddened, and the two mothers cooed at his embarrassment.

Donghwa was just about to drive past the last service stop, when Aiden suddenly shivered and pouted, "samcheon, need toilet!" Donghwa looked up worriedly and saw Aiden moving uncomfortably in his seat while the mothers tried calming him down. Hyukjae asked Donghwa to stop by the station and helped Aiden out before he took him inside the store, leaving Donghwa cooing over Hongki.

Once they left, Aiden curiously peeked behind Hyukjae's left and tugged at his hand excitedly, "Uncle Hyuk, look! Fishcake! It's daddy!" Hyukjae released a loud bout of laughter from the random exclaim and ruffled the boy's hair, "it is daddy, isn't it? Let's take a picture with you holding daddy before we go and see him."

"Yay!" the boy laughed brightly and Hyukjae melted at his giggles as he lifted Aiden onto his shoulders again.

-

"Babe, Hyukjae called you. They're probably on the way right now or maybe even already here," you called Donghae who was in the shower and rolled your eyes when your husband rushed out, stark , with shampoo in his hair and dripping all over his face and neck, as he grinned, "are they here?!"

"No, you fish. Finish showering and put on some clothes!" you answered and Donghae stuck out his tongue before he went back into the bathroom and shut the door. You tried calling Hyukjae again, but the call went missed, leaving you sighing as you lay on the bed in thought.

A few minutes later, you heard the door open and looked over to see Donghae leaving the bathroom in nothing but his underwear and a towel he was using to dry his hair. He went over to the wardrobe and pulled out a pair of black jeans and a black hoodie to go with it before he got dressed. As he stood in front of the mirror, styling his hair, the doorbell rang, and you looked at each other through mirror before you both grinned and went over to the door.

"Special delivery for two little fishy's parents," they heard once they opened the door and Donghae laughed as he saw Hyukjae stood there with a large box in his hands. "Ya, my sons better not be in there," you glared as Hyukjae and Donghae hugged before your friend laughed and opened the flaps of the box, showi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter