Chapter Fifteen

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He's adorable, I can't believe I only got to meet him now! Good thing I got here before his hundredth day," Hyukjae whined as he slowly picked up the baby, nuzzling his nose in his cheek, causing the latter to burst out in a fit of giggles. You smiled as you watched him while pulling your knees to your chest, allowing him to sit beside you.

While Hyukjae showered the baby with kisses and words of affection, Donghae was busy in the kitchen and you could hear him humming to a song playing on the radio. Youngwoon had been out the whole day and you had been busy with Aiden, so it had been quiet until Hyukjae had arrived, four months from when he had left for his business meeting.

"Guys, come on, food's made! Did Youngwoon message, by any chance?" Donghae asked as he entered the living room while patting his hands dry. Hyukjae and you answered with a shake of heads before Hyukjae stood up and handed the baby to Donghae who immediately cooed and kissed his cheeks, "hello, Aiden~ did you have a good day?"

The boy giggled brightly, and you smiled as Donghae attacked him with raspberries which made him laugh again and scramble to grip on Donghae's hair, "ah, ow! Let go of daddy's hair, that hurts! Hey!" his misfortune, however, made Aiden laugh even louder and you quietly laughed, standing up to coerce Aiden's fingers off his dad's hair.

When you tried taking Aiden, however, he tightened his grip back on Donghae's hair, showing you a teary pout and eyes wide with innocence. Donghae kissed his cheek and you laughed in disbelief when gone were the unshed tears but remained his innocent eyes. 

"Aiden is such a daddy's boy," Hyukjae mentioned and you agreed immediately, watching your husband and son giggle at each other. You felt your heart warm when after Hyukjae had gone to the kitchen, Donghae pulled you into a tight hug, kissing your temple with his eyes closed, "thank you so much, jagiya. You've made me the happiest man to exist. I love you."

-

"Is my prince asleep?" Youngwoon wondered as he entered your home, his excited expression falling when you hesitantly nodded. He released a quiet sigh and went to the kitchen to wash his hands while you pulled up the spreadsheet for funds on your laptop and clicked through the sheet, occasionally lifting your mug of tea to take some sips.

"Hey, (Y/N), can I ask you a question?" you heard after a few moments of listening to Youngwoon shuffling around, and you looked up at him, eyebrow raising. You hummed to encourage him since he seemed like he didn't know where to start and he offered you a weak smile.

"So... I may have found my one. Met her at a match around the time Aiden was born... I think I may love her," Youngwoon confessed with a nervous wring of his hands and you almost spat out your tea, looking at him with wide eyes, "you did?!"

"Sh, I don't want those two idiots to know yet! But, yes... uh, she's someone I'd like to introduce to my parents. Will it... will it be okay if I ask her over?" he asked reluctantly and your eyes lit up in excitement, "of course! You can call her for dinner on the weekend when we're doing Aiden's Baek-il, yeah?"

"That'll be nice. Thank you, (Y/N)-ah," he said gratefully with a closed-eye smile and then rose his eyebrow, gesturing to your laptop, "what's with that? Doing work over sleeping?"

"Mhm, my brother asked me to look over something. Donghwa oppa is pushing them both to get into the leadership positions until we get back to Korea. I'm doing anything they want, because I don't think we're going back there," you responded guiltily and Youngwoon offered a sympathetic look before he stood up.

"If it ever comes down to it, I'll always be here for Aiden. You can trust him in Hyukjae and my care if anything were to ever happen. You would do the same for my child, and it's the least I can do for everything you and Donghae have done for me," he said and patted your shoulder before he left the kitchen without a glance back, making your heart race as you stared at him.

It took almost two more hours for you to finish the reports Siwon had sent you and you were yawning as you climbed the stairs, intending to go to the bathroom to wash up. You stopped though, when you saw the door of Aiden's room open, and quietly went over, eyes widening in surprise.

Instead of being in their own beds, Donghae, Hyukjae, and Youngwoon were all sprawled out snoring on Aiden's padded floor while the boy was wide awake, staring at them from his crib. You giggled behind your palm as Aiden lit up and made grabby motions in your direction when he noticed you.

"Did daddy and samcheon-deul fall asleep first? Come here, let's get you some milk," you whispered in adoration as you lifted Aiden who immediately on his thumb and lay his head on your shoulder.

You maneuvered around the three grown men and ambled out, switching the light off and shutting the door behind you softly. Aiden hugged you sleepily as you went about to heat him some milk, and thirty minutes later, you both fell asleep in your room, him in his basket and you on the bed.

-

"Youngwoon's girlfriend is coming over today. May I bring mine too?" Hyukjae sheepishly wondered a week later and (Y/N), who was entertaining Aiden, turned around with wide eyes as she looked at him in shock, "you have a girl?! Of course you can bring her over!"

"Yeah, I met her around the time Aiden was born," he explained with a fond smile as he leaned over to ruffle Aiden's hair and (Y/N) gasped, giving him a look of betrayal, "you didn't even tell me?! I trusted you, Hyukjae! Is she pretty? What's her name?"

"Hey, you weren't this nosey when it came to Youngwoon's girlfriend. Leave me alone! You can find out when she gets here," he huffed and (Y/N) glared at him slightly, "stop making it sound like I wasn't interested. I only didn't ask because it was so late at night, and I was tired."

"Whatever you say, Mrs Lee," Hyukjae smirked to himself and left the room with a wave, closely missing the tissue box (Y/N) had flung to him, her cheeks red while Aiden just laughed happily.

-

"How can you mess up this badly, huh? Look, the belt goes like this, and now it's done. Doesn't he look so adorable?" (Y/N) squealed as she tied the sash correctly around Aiden's waist and then placed the gat while distracting the look little boy.

Donghae cooed, totally whipped when they both heard the doorbell ring and exchanged excited glances with each other. They both sorted themselves out, straightening their hanboks and fixing their hair before they left their room, making their way down the staircase.

"Ah, nice to meet you, I'm Kim Youngwoon, this is my girlfriend, Taeyeon," they heard Youngwoon introduce himself and both lit up, entering the living with smiles when the occupants turned to them, two beaming and two a bit puzzled. (Y/N) bowed slightly and smiled at them, "hi, I'm Choi (Y/N), this is my husband, Lee Donghae, and our son Lee Jeno. It's nice to meet you."

"Oh, pleasure meeting you! I'm Kim Hyoyeon, Hyukjae's girlfriend," the pretty girl with purple hair introduced herself and smiled brightly at them, reaching over to Aiden's cheek, "Jeno is so cute, who does he take after?"

"Ah, we argue about it all the time, but sadly Aiden gets his features from his uncles," Donghae released a sigh of defeat, poking the boy's cheek gently and smiled when the child looked at him cutely. Hyoyeon's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and she tilted her head curiously, "Aiden?"

"Oh, Jeno is his birth name, we tend to just call him Aiden, though," (Y/N) explained and then turned to Youngwoon's girlfriend who was staring at Aiden with sparkly eyes, "sorry, we didn't get to hear you introduce yourself yet... you're Youngwoon's girlfriend?"

"Oh, uh, yeah! Sorry about that, I just lov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter