Chapter Twenty-Three

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Did you finally decide to show yourselves? Where's- hi, Aiden, hi, Hongki!" Donghae snorted as Donghwa's expression changed from jokingly annoyed to excited when he saw his little nephews, Hongki on Donghae's hip while the other was hiding behind Donghae, one of his arms fully stretched as he gripped (Y/N)'s hand while the other was tucked in Donghae's. Aiden peeked around Donghae's leg and shyly waved before he let go of his mother's hand and wrapped himself around his leg to hide his face. Donghae chuckled and used his free hand to pet Aiden's hair gently.

"Come in before appas put out a search party. They were already jealous that they couldn't pick up Aiden and Hongki this morning," Donghwa laughed as he pulled open the door and greeted (Y/N) with a ruffle of her hair and Hyukjae with a short bow before he took Hongki in his own arms. "Yeah, where are they, anyway? I thought they'd be the ones to greet us."

"Well, the new business partners are over with their sons and daughters. It's a little awkward, actually, even appas don't seem to be too fond of your friend's sister," Donghwa told Donghae and (Y/N) as he closed the door and Donghae curiously looked at him, "Jeongsu and Kibum are here too?"

"Yes, everyone was just waiting for you. Why are you so late, anyway?" Donghwa wondered, leading them into the hallway to go to the living room where some noise resonated. "We were asleep, we woke up less than an hour ago," Donghae said and curiously glanced down when Aiden tugged at his jeans, "yes, adeul?"

"Up, please," Aiden demanded in a cute voice and Donghae smiled before he let Aiden climb up to his hip and secured him with his muscled arm. Donghwa lightly pinched Aiden's chubby cheek and then smiled at Hyukjae, "did you have a good flight? We didn't really get to talk this morning."

"Ah, yes, it was just a little tiring, but I rested well," Hyukjae answered politely and made a confused face when they stopped in front of the living room door, "isn't this in-law's business? I don't really want to intrude or anything..."

"Oh, don't worry, they had their business chats already. We were just waiting on you guys, come in," Donghwa assured him with a smile and then nodded to Donghae and (Y/N) to enter. Once the door opened, there was a dead silence which made Hyukjae raise his eyebrow before he glanced up and saw multiple people sitting on the large number of sofas scattered around the living room.

"Appa, no itchy," Aiden whispered as he touched Donghae's face, causing Donghae to chuckle before he kissed Aiden's cheek lightly. He was about to agree with him when suddenly his and (Y/N)'s fathers jumped up with wide grins on their faces, "Aiden! Hongki!"

"Eek! Daddy scary!" Aiden screeched and hid his face in Donghae's neck, making Donghae glare at the two fathers, while they pouted sadly and looked down, "we just wanted to meet you. Sorry, Aiden~"

"Aiden, look, that's my appa and that's eomma's appa," Donghae said gently as he nodded towards the two men, making Aiden curiously look up before he smiled hesitantly and waved at them, "hi!"

"Hi!" they answered eagerly and then turned to the other men sat on opposite sofas from each other, "he's our grandson and that's our other grandson, Hongki. Aren't they just so cute? Oh, and that's Donghae and (Y/N). Oh, you must be Hyukjae, it's nice meeting you. Come and sit."

"Ah, yes," Hyukjae bowed politely and hesitantly went to sit beside two men on the sofa, who he easily recognised as Siwon and Sungmin, both clearly b with excitement as they looked at Aiden, who was too busy rubbing his palms on Donghae's face.

"Alright, it was nice meeting everyone. Let's go and eat," Donghae's mother said as she stood up and Aiden's attention went to her before he smiled brightly, "eomma, look, gave me phone when it fell! I saw in morning!"

"You remember me?" Donghae's mother asked with sparkling eyes making Aiden giggle while Donghae smiled happily, "neh! Aiden, uncle Hyuk, um, Hwa samcheon and that aunty, and that aunty!"

"Not 'that aunty', it's halmeoni and halmeoni, araseo?" (Y/N) said quietly and smiled when Aiden nodded happily before he asked to be put down. "Stay where eomma, appa and samcheon-deul can see you," Donghae said as he crouched down and ruffled Aiden's fluffy hair as he tried moving it from his eyes before he hummed thoughtfully, "maybe we need to cut your hair. Anyway, go and have fun."

"Okay, daddy," Aiden giggled and pecked Donghae and (Y/N) before he went to follow Donghwa and Hyukjae who were about to leave the living room with Jiwon. Donghae and (Y/N) made sure their sons were with Donghwa before they both turned to each other with knowing glances. "Donghae, (Y/N), before we all go in, don't you want to greet your old friends?"

"Right, abeoji," they both nodded and glanced at the two men who were awkwardly sat on the middle sofa and the only ones left in the living room since everyone else had filtered out after Aiden and Hongki whom they could hear laughing merrily. Donghae and (Y/N) waited for their fathers to leave before they both awkwardly cleared their throats and waved at their old friends, "annyeong."

"Hi, we didn't think we were noticed," Jeongsu started, a little awkwardly, and (Y/N) smiled which made him slightly less tense. Donghae threw an arm around (Y/N)'s waist and led her to sit on the sofa opposite theirs, before he greeted them properly, "it's been really long. How have you been?"

"We've been well, we just returned from military service a couple months back. How have you been?" Kibum replied and (Y/N) smiled lightly as she bowed slightly, "you've already done your enlistment? We've been good too. Just busy with everything."

"Ah, you mean, little Aiden and Hongki? They're so cute. Yes, we finished serving exactly eight months ago. Around the time you guys came back from America...?" Jeongsu trailed off at the end and Donghae nodded quickly with a hesitant smile, "yes, that's when we came back. Um, I still haven't done my service yet, I think I'll be in with Siwon hyung, Sungmin hyung, and Hyukjae... the sharp-jawed guy from before."

"Oh, right, yes, the one who Aiden was pulling to go to eat," Kibum said in understanding and (Y/N) and Donghae nodded with gentle smiles. "Oh, when are you going to serve, though? Won't leaving your wife and sons be a bit hard for you? I remember you crying all the time," Jeongsu said in a teasing tone, making Donghae pout a little as he opened his mouth to complain, but words couldn't form when a sudden scream reached their ears.

"Aiden," Donghae whispered before he jumped up and rushed out of the living room, quickly locating where the crying was coming from. He entered the dining room and saw Hyukjae as well as his and (Y/N)'s mothers worriedly crouching beside Aiden who had his face hidden behind his hands as he cried. "Adeul, what's wrong? Come to daddy."

Donghae was glad when the mothers moved aside quickly because once he stepped forward slightly, Aiden blindly ran to him and buried his face against his neck, "daddy, it hurts." Donghae's eyebrows furrowed as Aiden wept against his neck and looked at Hyukjae in confusion, "what happened?"

"I don't know, I was talking with Donghwa-ssi when he suddenly started crying. Baby, can you look at uncle Hyuk, please?" Hyukjae asked gently as he tried moving Aiden's hands from his face, but the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter