Chapter Four

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can you believe (Y/N), the freak, is in a freakin' pen pal club?! What a baby, imagine what Donghae oppa would say when he finds out!" Siwon rolled his eyes as he overheard the infamous Sandara Park discussed about (Y/N) who was most likely not even present.

He was sure of it once he'd peeked inside, fully intending to see if Donghae was present, but it seemed neither were. He'd noticed Sungmin missing during form and had been calling him non-stop, but to no avail, so he thought he'd ask Donghae at break. Unfortunately, neither were present.

He sighed and decided to return to his classroom, but just as he did, he overheard Sandara mention that it was 'a good thing (Y/N) hadn't shown up' which made Siwon stop in his steps. He raised his eyebrow. (Y/N) hadn't show up? What was that supposed to mean? He was sure they walked together to school earlier after dropping Jiwon at her middle school. 

Siwon unsurely pulled out his phone, fully intending to text (Y/N) and ask about her whereabouts when he suddenly felt a shove in his back. His eyes widened as he turned to look at his perpetrator, relaxing incredibly when he realised it was just the Chinese exchange student. Liu Wen.

"Good morning, Wen! What's up?" he grinned, accepting the girl's high-five and she returned the smile before she twirled a strand of hair behind her hair, "would you like to have coffee with me after school? We can do our project together?"

"Oh, sure!" Siwon agreed, completely forgetting about his plan of calling his sister to find out where she was. She'd show up eventually.

-

"I can't believe you got sick, and decided to call me. What were you even thinking?" (Y/N) rolled her eyes in disbelief as she pushed open the door to Donghae's room, seeing the owner buried under thick blankets and sniffling.

"(Y/N)... my head is killing..." he groaned out, holding the heel of his palm to his temples, wincing as he did so. (Y/N) observed him for a moment before she sighed and walked over to the curtains and pulled them to a tight close, "another migraine?"

"Mhm," Donghae drawled out, closing his eyes and weakly as (Y/N) padded around his room, probably to pick up his dirty tissues and to dispose of them. It was an unspoken rule between them - when Donghae was sick, (Y/N) cared for him, and when (Y/N) was sick, the boy gave her the same treatment.

"I'm gonna go and check if you have chicken soup ingredients. Mr Kim did say he went shopping with Mr Kim yesterday," she muttered the rest to herself and Donghae barely comprehended her leaving his room, before he fell into a deep sleep again.

When he woke up again, it was to the smell of a delicious aroma wafting in the air. He opened his eyes blearily, watching as (Y/N) unsurely tiptoed into the room and then sat the tray on his bedside table.

"Oh, you're awake? How are you feeling?" (Y/N) seemed surprised to discover that fact, but she watched in quiet wonder as he forced himself to sit up with groans and moans of pain. He stretched his arms above his head and clenched his jaw, wincing at the hurt he felt, "mhm, much better, but still aching."

"Is it okay to open the curtains yet?" (Y/N) asked softly and Donghae slowly nodded his head, watching with bated breath as she went over to the curtains and pulled them open, letting sunlight pour through the glass windows.

"Did you put poison in it?" he questioned in a scratchy voice, teasingly glancing between the bowl of soup and (Y/N) who only rolled her eyes and then sat on the edge of his bed, pulling the bowl in her own hands.

"Shut up, yeah. Open your mouth, don't even try and put those dirty hands near your face," (Y/N) stated pointedly, glaring at Donghae's damp fingers. He rolled his eyes, fully convinced himself the pink on his cheeks was from his body heat, and waited for (Y/N) to feed him.

"Thank you, (Y/N)-ah... I know there's so many other things you could be doing," Donghae mentioned casually, feeling much better after his lunch, bath and change of space. They'd both gone to the living room to watch television after (Y/N) had forced him to clean himself up while she stripped his bed to the mattress and opened his bedroom window to ventilate it out.

"Psh, not really. I'd have had lessons and then gone to watch the football practice, then gone home. Don't thank me, I know you would've done the same," (Y/N) answered with a careless shrug, eyes focused on the anime Donghae had put on for them. It was about a boy wanting to become Pirate King, something that interested (Y/N) immediately.

"You watch the football practice? I haven't seen you in the stadiums before," Donghae tilted his head in curiosity and (Y/N) shrugged, attention still on the television, "mhm, I used to watch the basketball practices while waiting for Siwon oppa to finish, but then a... uh, friend, invited me to watch it and I've been watching since."

"Friend? You're close with one of the guys?" Donghae wondered, eyes wide in surprise as he stared at her in disbelief. Who could she possibly be close with? Jongin? Kyungsoo? Baekhyun? Chanyeol? Sehun? Jongdae? Junmyeon? Xiumin? Yixing? Zitao?

Surely it couldn't be. Heck, he was sure if he asked her to name any of them, she wouldn't be able to.

"Hn, kinda," (Y/N) answered distractedly and then her eyebrows furrowed, looking at him in a sort of glare, "why are you so interested anyway? Don't worry, I don't come to watch you, weirdo. It's just... someone."

Donghae really wanted to ask, but forced himself to hold his tongue. He exhaled a soft sigh and then leaned back into the sofa, eyes going towards the television, but they stopped at his phone sat on the coffee table. He glanced at (Y/N) who hadn't even noticed, and reached for his phone, switching it on with curious eyes.

He smiled.

Choy
Hey! Sorry, didn't want you to worry, but I won't be active much today. I'm hanging with a friend, and probably won't reply till late. Look after yourself, Aiden!

Aiden
Hi, I'm really sorry for not replying sooner. I've not really been well, so I kept away from devices. I'm much better now, though, so I thought I'd just check in. Look after yourself, too, Choy!

Donghae heard the vibrate of (Y/N)'s phone on the coffee table, but he was too occupied in waiting for a reply. (Y/N) had missed it completely, though, as she was too busy watching the next events that occurred in the episode. Donghae only waited a few moments more before he switched his phone off and put it back on the coffee table, eyes detouring to (Y/N) before they settled back on the One Piece episode playing.

-

The next day, both crashed into each other at school and were immediately at the other's throats, obvious murderous intentions in their eyes. Siwon and Sungmin, who'd been walking beside their respective sibling, rolled their eyes, shoved past them and greeted each other with a fist-bump.

"Oi, losers, don't kill each other. Eomma and eomonim will have it in for us... I don't understand why, it's not our fault their dumb kids can't get along," Sungmin whispered the rest to Siwon who snickered but the two apparent enemies had heard him and glared harshly.

"What, just stating the truth,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter