Chapter Sixteen

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngwoon and Hyukjae first experienced total distress when they babysat Aiden without his parents for the first time. Donghae and (Y/N) had gone to apply for a part-time job, so the two men had offered to babysit.

They were not prepared for how difficult it was.

The first thing that happened when Aiden woke up from his nap and didn't see his eomma or appa, he burst out into tears. When he finally did calm down and understood his parents were not present, he sulked and refused to eat for another half hour.

Youngwoon and Hyukjae honestly felt like they were going to cry along with Aiden if another thing went wrong. To placate Aiden and themselves, they both called Donghae and breathed in relief when (Y/N) picked up, a smile on her face, "Aiden, guys! How are you doing? Aiden, eomma misses you so much!"

"Aiden has been crying for the past hour, we were hoping calling you guys would make him feel better," Hyukjae explained and (Y/N) frowned a little, her eyes glimmering a little, "I'm so sorry, Aiden~ appa and I will be done soon. Hyuk, you can take him to the new kids' cafe which opened up in the shopping centre if you want."

"Oh, that's a good idea! We'll get going then. See you later, (Y/N)-ah!" Youngwoon agreed and (Y/N) released a hum before she waved goodbye to Aiden and switched the phone off, calling Donghae's name as she went.

"Well, that's decided then. Let's get you dressed in warmer clothes," Hyukjae pinched Aiden's nose, cooing as the boy sneezed and then giggled, stretching his arms, demanding to be lifted. Youngwoon gushed at the sight, pecking Aiden's cheeks softly before he picked Aiden up and the trio left to go upstairs.

By the time they arrived at the kids' cafe, both Youngwoon and Hyukjae were about to leap for joy. They were quick to unstrap Aiden from his pushchair and went over to the trampolines, thoroughly enjoying the purely contagious laughs the baby released.

"Hey, mom! I want to play with him! He's so cute!" Youngwoon and Hyukjae looked up in curiosity, hearing the voice close-by to them and they grinned when they saw a little girl, maybe three years older, pointing at Aiden with a bright smile on her face.

"Come on, he'll love it!" Hyukjae laughed and moved behind Aiden so he didn't fall over, waiting for the girl who skipped over to them and offered Aiden a biscuit from her packet, "here you go, baby! What's his name?!"

"This is Aiden. What's your name, Princess?" Youngwoon answered, smiling when the girl blushed at the pet name and hid her face behind her cheeks, a small pout on her lips, "I'm Diane! How old is Aiden?!"

"Aiden is just half-a-year old! He's not even one yet. He's really small, isn't he?" Hyukjae playfully wrinkled his nose and Diane nodded happily, giggling as Aiden smiled brightly at her, "I like Aiden! He's so cute!"

"Thank you, Princess-"

"Diane! Get away from them! Don't you know it's dangerous to hang around people who aren't American? Come on, let's go!" Youngwoon's and Hyukjae's jaws dropped in disbelief as they looked up to see a rich-looking woman march her way over to them and drag the protesting little girl away.

They both felt bad when the girl burst into tears and proceeded to yell helplessly, begging to play with Aiden another time. They sighed quietly when she was gone and then took Aiden to the sandpit when the boy pointed at it in excitement.

They only managed to settle for a few minutes when a worker came over to them, his eyes angered, "excuse me, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"What? Why? We're here as customers, just like everyone else," Youngwoon said, looking around the café to prove his point, but he was quick to notice the way everyone was staring at them was with looks full of disgust. The parents had even taken their children away from their sight.

"I'm asking, as an employee, you are making people uncomfortable. You will need to leave," the man repeated coldly and Hyukjae scoffed, rolling his eyes in disbelief, "just because we're not American?"

"Yup. Now get out."

-

"Baby, we missed you so much!" Donghae cried out as you followed him into the living room and you chuckled at his reaction, but then your eyebrows furrowed once you noticed the silence. You worriedly looked at Hyukjae and Youngwoon, eyes flitting between them when you realised they had the same hardened expressions schooled onto their faces.

"Uh... is everything okay?" Donghae wondered, finally noticing the silence after he'd smothered the giggling Aiden with hugs and kisses. Hyukjae rolled his eyes and released a long sigh, "people were unnecessarily racist when we took Aiden to the kids' café. We even got kicked out because apparently we were 'making people uncomfortable.'"

"Ridiculous. How can two guys babysitting a kid make them uncomfortable? It's not like we were blasting music, or being extra loud and annoying. We were literally playing at the trampolines and making sure Aiden didn't get hurt," Youngwoon huffed and then stood up, smiling at Aiden who'd looked at him curiously.

"Baby, if anyone bullies you when you're older, you tell Uncle Youngwoon, okay? I'll make sure to beat them up," he grunted and you sympathetically patted his shoulder as he went past, probably to get some rest of his own.

He deserved it after the long evening with Aiden. Especially after that disgusting encounter at the mall.

"Someone was being racist to my son? He is adorable, has fluffy cheeks, nice head of hair, what else do they want? They think they're so special or something. Sorry you had to go through that, Youngwoon, Hyukjae," Donghae huffed and you nodded in agreement, glancing at Hyukjae who just sighed and shook his head.

"Thanks for the thought, guys. I regularly have to remind myself why I don't want to raise a family here. Encounters like this make it easier for me," he groaned as he stood up and then waved goodbye before he left to go to his own room.

You and Donghae exchanged a glance and then settled on the sofa, leaning your head on his shoulder while he held a dozing Aiden against his chest. There was a comfortable silence of a few moments before you exhaled slowly.

"About what Hyukjae said... he doesn't want to raise his family here. What do you think about that?" you wondered and he hummed thoughtfully before he released a soft sigh of his own. You felt his lips against your forehead briefly before he scratched his head thoughtfully.

"Well, I think we shouldn't think of that luxury. Not with our families. They won't hesitate to disown us, and I would rather be able to raise Aiden somewhere, rather than be separated from him and not be able to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter