Chapter Ten

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After waking up late, burning breakfast, losing clothes and getting lost on the way to the lecture theatre, Donghae and (Y/N) were sure they were late. Even Hyukjae thought so, so they entered with the full intention of apologising, but that's when they saw the lecturer hadn't arrived either.

They were grateful for that and after swiping themselves in, they found the back row empty and immediately made themselves comfortable, ignoring the curious and annoyed looks other students sent them.

"This is great, isn't it? The lecturer is late on the first day," (Y/N) yawned and Hyukjae snorted, rolling his eyes at her dazed expression, "that doesn't mean you take another nap. I swear, if it weren't for you, we'd have eaten a good breakfast too."

"Me?! You're the one who burnt the toast, Lee Hyukjae!" (Y/N) immediately retorted loudly and Donghae winced, awkwardly apologising to the other students who had turned to glare at them. He pinched (Y/N)'s thigh with a a pointed glare and rolled his eyes, "can you two behave? Do this at home, not in the middle of a lecture hall."

"Good morning! Good morning! I'm sorry I'm late, I'm Ronald Tyne. I'll be your lecturer for this semester. Would everyone like to introduce themselves?" the old man who had burst into the lecture theatre and was at the front asked and everyone glanced at each other awkwardly. The lecturer sighed and then pointed to Hyukjae randomly, "we'll start with you, say your name and a hobby."

"I'm Hyukjae Lee, I dance as a hobby," Hyukjae answered and rolled his eyes when Donghae quietly cheered on his side. The lecturer nodded and was about to turn to (Y/N) when suddenly the theatre doors were pushed open and in came a very familiar face. (Y/N)'s face turned red and Donghae awkwardly looked away while the girl gasped for breath.

"Sorry I'm late! I woke up late today," she excused and looked around, eyes brightening when she saw the seat beside Donghae empty, "hi, Donghae! Fancy seeing you here!"

She then turned to (Y/N) and rolled her eyes, "oh, you're here too?"

"Well, if that isn't plainly obvious already. Maybe you want to invest in some glasses," (Y/N) mumbled with a roll of her own eyes and pouted when Donghae discreetly elbowed her. Hyukjae looked genuinely concerned by the whole situation and mouthed a quiet 'what?' when (Y/N) looked at him.

"She's Donghae's stalker from the plane," (Y/N) said to give context and Hyukjae's lips parted in surprise for a moment before he pursed his mouth shut and snickered a little. He didn't even care (Y/N) elbowed him.he accepted it with just a slight wince.

"Right, moving on from that. You, next to Mr Lee, introduce yourself," the tutor stated looking at (Y/N) who introduced herself and Donghae was next. By the time the hundred and twenty students had introduced themselves to each other, the lecturer informed them of the planned group project he was assigning for the semester.

"You'll be in randomly generated groups of five. I'll be assigning a set of different resources to each group and your task is to use the items to create your own product and I expect an eleven-paged report detailing previous selling methods of each item used, how you plan on selling the product and the budget plan," Ronald explained and ignored the annoyed murmurs in the theatre before he switched the screen to a random generator.

"I can't believe we're doing this to get split up. Our parents did this when deciding what country they were going to sell in next," (Y/N) told Hyukjae who let out a baffled laugh, "why are your parents so rich? Man, that's crazy. My parents used that to see if it should have been noona or I getting the pick for dessert."

"Forget the riches, at least we never fought," at the pointed look she received, (Y/N) rolled her eyes and jutted out her lips, "okay, fine, at least Donghae and I didn't fight with anyone aside from each other." at this point, Donghae had also chosen to listen in and smiled gently when (Y/N) glanced over at him.

"That leaves Hyukjae Lee, (Y/N) Choi, Donghae Lee, Reina Jones, and Jordan Kim," the lecturer said and Donghae stayed silent while listening to the train of cusses that left (Y/N)'s mouth under her breath. Hyukjae's ears turned red in disbelief as his jaw dropped at the curses, but one glance at Donghae's shaking head, had him stopping from saying anything.

"Um, where's Jordan Kim?" he tried instead and squeaked in surprise when a burly man sat in the row ahead of them stood up and turned, eyes turned downwards and lips up in a grin, completely the opposite of what he'd expected his expression to be like, "I've been listening to you talk for a while now and you're totally my type. I'm Kim Youngwoon, by the way, and apparently your group mate."  

"Stop speaking Korean, I don't understand it," Reina glared at Youngwoon as he came to sit next to a confused Hyukjae and then she pouted at Donghae, "oppa~ please, tell them to stop speaking Korean. I am in this group." 

Donghae sighed to himself at her words and sent (Y/N) a pleading look which was completely ignored, "please, (Y/N)?"

"Shut up," she replied and Donghae's expression fell when (Y/N) suddenly stood and pushed Hyukjae in her seat while she herself sat in his.

"Trouble in paradise?" Youngwoon whispered, snickering in amusement when she glared heatedly at him. "You shut up too."

"They used to date," Hyukjae explained when he saw Youngwoon's confused expression. Donghae and (Y/N) immediately glared at him and Youngwoon gasped in disbelief, "you did?!"

"Hyukjae, you little rat!"

"Guys, please. Enough, okay? We need to talk about the project. Since Hyukjae, (Y/N) and I live together, Jordan and Reina, you are free to come over tonight at what... maybe seven?" Donghae tried and face-palmed lightly when they all gave him shocked looks.  

"That works for me, I can come after judo practice. Can I borrow the shower if I get late? Depending on traffic, I may or may not be able to have one at the studio," Youngwoon shared thoughtfully and Hyukjae, (Y/N) and Donghae exchanged a look before they shrugged and agreed readily.

"So Jordan will be able to make it. What about you, Reina? Do you want to meet tonight, or should we meet a different day?" Donghae asked politely to which (Y/N) turned herself completely to face Youngwoon and rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Dang, you're that jealous, huh?" Youngwoon teased with a small grin which (Y/N) observed momentarily before she pouted and released a short sigh, "nope, she's really annoying, okay?"

"Nope, she's just jealous. I've hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter