Chapter Nineteen

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The journey back to Korea had been awkward. It was late at night and the plane was almost empty, leaving them sat alone with no one surrounding them. They had been quiet since the beginning of the flight, so when Donghae suddenly let out a loud sigh, (Y/N) curiously looked over at him with a raised eyebrow, "hm?"

"Isn't it weird? We've been here so long that I forgot we even have a life to return to," he admitted and (Y/N) nodded, pulling her lip between her teeth. She then sighed and ran a nervous hand through her hair, "I hope the meeting decides to give Siwon oppa and Sungmin oppa the company. We won't have to stay there."

"While we can't hide everything forever... I don't think now is a good time to tell them anything. With the board of directors meeting coming up, appas will be busy with that... let's tell them when things are not as bad, what do you say?" Donghae asked quietly and (Y/N) snorted in return, "if we tell them sooner or later, they're still going to kill us, let's be honest. Though, I agree with not telling them now. Let's tell them later."

"More like your dad and Siwon hyung are gonna kill me. They made me promise to be responsible for you and take care of you, but we ended up eloping and having a kid," Donghae pouted and frowned when (Y/N) laughed and elbowed him lightly, "well, I guess you did keep your promise after all. Only thing is you have an added person to the list."

"I wouldn't have it any other way," Donghae answered softly and (Y/N) smiled when the man placed his palm on her thigh and kissed her just as lightly. She let out a giggle when Donghae breathed out a short laugh and then released her, instead throwing an arm around her shoulders and resting his cheek on her head.

They spent the rest of the flight in that position.

-

Donghwa picked them up, despite their many rejections due to how late it was, and dropped them off at their new place which left them whistling in appreciation. Donghwa then said goodbye to them and informed them that they would meet again at Donghae's parents' house for dinner before he was gone.

The two penthouses on the twenty-fifth storey were the only homes up there and Donghae and (Y/N) exchanged grins when they realised they'd be the only ones on the top floor. They quickly decided to put their luggage in their separate homes and collapsed to sleep in (Y/N)'s bed after quick showers.

When they awoke again, it was bright outside and the ringing of a phone reached their ears. Donghae reached over her lazily and grabbed the phone, his eyes crinkling as he returned to his position.

(Y/N) mumbled something intelligible and turned, digging her face in his chest. He smiled and kissed her forehead before he answered it tiredly, "hello? What is it?"

"Uh... Donghae? Why do you have (Y/N)'s phone?" he heard and his eyes widened comically before he checked the caller ID and cursed softly while (Y/N) woke from his sudden movement and looked at him in confusion.

He pointed at the phone in his hand as he mouthed 'Siwon hyung' to her and her eyes widened before she grabbed the phone and cleared , "hi, oppa. Why are you calling so early?"

"Hi, kid. It's actually midday right now, but I guess you were too tired after the flight to realise. By the way, is that Donghae with you?" Siwon asked suspiciously and (Y/N) glanced at Donghae, who had his mouth covered with both hands and looked very nervous, before she laughed awkwardly, "um, he just left!"

Donghae gave her a bewildered look and she squeezed her eyes shut and bit her lip while Siwon released a confused sound, "he just left? I thought you just woke up?"

She coughed lightly and looked at Donghae who quickly grabbed a notepad and pen before he started writing, "well, um, I woke up early, actually! Donghae offered to help me bring the boxes into my apartment because he's gotten stronger and has such nice muscle- ya, what the heck?!"

"I'm sorry? What was that?" Siwon asked, clearly baffled and (Y/N) glared at Donghae, who was laughing too much and ended up falling off the bed. (Y/N) cleared again, "I'm sorry, I just saw a spider. Um, I said that Donghae offered to help because the boxes were too heavy. Uh, anyway, why are you calling, oppa?"

"Right. I just called to ask if you had a ride for tonight. I can pick you up if you don't," Siwon explained and (Y/N) hummed before she looked at Donghae in question. The man nodded in response and she opened as she smiled, "right, thanks oppa. I'll see you in the evening then."

"Bye," he answered and switched the phone off which (Y/N) put on the bedside table before she turned to Donghae and glared, "ya, do you want us both to die?!"

Donghae snickered as he stuck out his tongue for response, but then groaned because (Y/N) tackled him on the floor and hit his chest.

"Araseo, araseo, I'm sorry," Donghae apologised through laughs and waited for (Y/N) to stop hitting him before he held her chin and smiled sweetly, "how about calling our lovely Aiden and telling Hyukjae that we've arrived here safely?"

-

The dinner consisted of too many people, too many greetings, too much food, and too much laughter. But both Donghae and (Y/N) were ecstatic and were having a great time with their families. Their fathers teased them a lot for being gone for so long, even after their studying had finished, and Donghae and (Y/N) laughed it off, but exchanged a worried glance.

It was during dessert that both Donghae's and (Y/N)'s phones rang at the same time. Their families giggled at the ridiculous Pororo ringtones and Donghae and (Y/N) blushed before they both checked their phones and accidentally looked at each other but were quick to look away.

Donghae gave a slight nod and switched his phone off while (Y/N) excused herself and went to answer the call.

"Ya, Donghae, what's with ignoring your caller? It's a coincidence that you two were called at the same time. Is everything okay?" Donghwa asked and Donghae cleared his throat before he laughed awkwardly, "yeah, hyung, everything is fine. It's just a friend, he probably wants to know if we got home safe."

"Right," Donghwa nodded and they continued eating while waiting for (Y/N) to return, but Donghae was too nervous to eat since he knew his son was on the phone, but couldn't speak with him.

(Y/N)'s father suddenly turned to him with those piercing eyes and Donghae gulped, his face paling as he thought he'd been caught, but the man smiled, "so, since (Y/N) wouldn't tell us herself. Were there any other guys she was involved with in the States? Is that Youngwoon?"

"Um... no?" Donghae squeaked and the fathers rose their eyebrows at his shocked expression while the siblings looked at each other and then at Donghae suspiciously. (Y/N)'s mother cleared and Donghae looked at her with wide eyes, but she smiled and nodded her head in the direction (Y/N) had just gone, "that her boyfriend?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter