Chapter Fourteen

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae sleepily opened his eyes and pecked (Y/N)'s forehead when the younger shifted beside him and quietly grumbled. He reached for his phone on the bedside table and smiled, realising it was only three in the morning and he had enough time to sleep before he had to go into work. He'd been exhausted lately.

It was officially six months after the fourth year Donghae and (Y/N) had entered America as students and Donghae couldn't have been happier. They had decided they needed a change of space and so, they along with Hyukjae and Youngwoon had moved into a four-bedroom house which had recently just finished its renovations, leaving behind their old home they'd made so many memories in.

'There was more exciting news too,' Donghae thought as he drifted off, throwing one arm around his wife, and returning to sleep.

When his alarm blared at 8:00 AM, Donghae was quick to turn it off, worried he may wake (Y/N), but the space beside him was empty, leaving him confused as he wandered off their bed and followed the smell of rice. A lazy smile spread across his face when he saw the object of his concern standing at the stove, busily moving around and humming.

He returned to their room and went to take care of his daily hygiene and washed up before he dressed in his suit and sprayed some cologne. He checked himself in the mirror and proudly smiled to himself before he went to the kitchen, greeting (Y/N) with a kiss and the other two men who had just entered with a soft 'good morning.'

"How are you today, (Y/N)? Got any plans?" Hyukjae questioned as she placed the side dishes on the table and was about to turn around but Donghae gently tugged her into her seat and thoughtlessly kissed her cheek before he went over to the rice cooker and scooped it out into separate bowls. 

He was half paying attention to what he was doing, but more listening to what they were discussing when suddenly (Y/N) said something that made him freeze, "well, we were supposed to go and buy some toys and stuff after the appointment, but I think we'll go some other day. I don't really have plans for today."

"Oh, dang, was that today?" Donghae turned in surprise, taking in (Y/N)'s slightly disappointed expression but she was obviously trying to mask it with a sheepish smile. He placed the bowls on the dining table and clasped their hands together, pressing a gentle kiss to her cheek, "we can't prolong it anymore. We'll go today. I'll take a day off. No big deal. We can go and get everything you want."

"$150 and chores for a month if it's a girl," Hyukjae suddenly stated and Donghae looked at him in question when suddenly Youngwoon spoke up, a proud smirk on his face, "call."

"Can you two stop making my child the object of your bets?" Donghae asked in disbelief but was answered with a laugh from (Y/N) and unapologetic smiles from their friends. Donghae looked at them and a grin slowly formed on his lips.

He was very happy with this life.

-

"Youngwoon and Hyukjae made a bet, so we should too," (Y/N) suggested as they both sat in the waiting room, their fingers locked together and Donghae rose an eyebrow, turning to give her a confused look, "a bet? About the gender?"

"Mhm! I say it's a boy, and if it is, you give me fifteen percent stocks in Tempus, okay?" she smiled knowingly and Donghae almost choked on air as he looked at her with wide eyes, "you want me to give you that much?! Okay, okay, if you're asking for that, I'll ask for a third of your shares in Youngwoon's company."

"Ooh, risky, but okay," she said with a knowing smirk and Donghae gave her a suspicious look as he hummed curiously, clipping his chin between his fingers, "you know something, and I don't. You're making me uncomfort-"

"What is wrong with you people?! Go back to where you came from! This is America, so speak English!" (Y/N) released a horrified gasp when a random man grabbed Donghae by his hair and shoved him to the ground while his wife watched with a proud smirk, arms folded across her chest.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" she exclaimed, jumping to her feet and pointing harshly at the man who only glared back, "go back to your country, you freaks! I'm not scared of hitting a woman. Back down before I hit you!"

"What are you doing, sir?! You can't hit an expecting mother!" a random stranger shouted as Donghae groaned and sat up, his eyes wide with fear as he stood up in front of (Y/N) to hide her from the violent man, "I'm sorry if we offended you in any way, but we were just messing around. Please forgive us, sir."

"Why are you apologising?! The only one who should be apologising is him, who assaulted you and then threatened to assault your wife too!" the stranger exclaimed again and Donghae bit on his lower lip as the other man just rolled his eyes and then bunched his hands into tight fists, "you don't deserve to be here in this country, you Asian people! Go back to your country."

"Americans are so stupid, how can they really think Asia is a country? Sigh... look, sir, you are totally in the wrong in this situation, anyone who was here knows it. You assaulted a man and a woman making a bet on the gender of their child. Aren't you ashamed?" the man, albeit a little short, poked at the rude man's chest as he glared at him, pushing him backwards, "so, apologise right now or I will make sure you won't have a decent life in the future."

"Oh, that's really- thank you sir, but, we can let it slide- we're used to it," Donghae murmured with a flustered expression as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck and the man turned to him with a sharp glare, even though it just made him look cute, "you can't let yourselves be pushed around people who can't tell right from left. Make them apologise, so they won't do it again."

"I knew he'd be a freak like them," the American man grunted, glaring at their saviour and Donghae felt his blood getting hotter as the man continued insulting the three of them as if they were lower than scum. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths, reminding himself of where he was before he focused on the older man, "excuse me, sir, firstly may I remind you that it was Asians who found your stupid country in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter