Chapter Twenty

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Donghae and (Y/N) walked in the next day, they expected Donghwa to bombard them with multiple questions or yell at them, but the older seemed honestly unaware. Donghae and (Y/N) exchanged unsure glances, but Donghwa didn't even notice and informed them of what they had to do.

When they were left alone, they then stared at each other and then at Donghwa's retreating back. "Maybe he didn't check after all? My hyung isn't stupid, he'd know at one glance, you know?"

"Yes, let's hope he just didn't check. We're doomed if Donghwa oppa finds out. Anyway, what are we supposed to be doing?" (Y/N) shrugged and Donghae facepalmed before he released a tired sigh, "what were you doing while hyung was explaining?"

"Just admiring his eyes. They're just like Aiden's," she said in a quieter voice and Donghae paused before thinking over it and realised she was right. He sighed quietly and soothed her palm into his own hand before he smiled, "don't worry, sweetheart. We'll see Aiden soon. I promise you."

-

Donghwa sighed to himself as he sat in his office, expression hard as he stared down at the two certificates in front of him. Despite convincing himself for the past two years, he knew it had all be pointless.

Heechul's little snoop had been right.

Donghae and (Y/N) were actually married and they had a son named Jeno. He had to blink back tears, still shocked that they would lie to all of their faces, and inhaled deeply.

He was going to make them pay. He'd play the fool for now, though.

-

They went to Siwon's and Sungmin's joint weddings on the next weekend, completely unexpecting of the whole situation. They'd only found out the week before that Siwon and Sungmin had decided with their fiancées they wanted a small joined ceremony and to get married as soon as possible.

When (Y/N) spotted her father in her hotel room with Siwon, her heart rate spiked, worrying in case she'd left Aiden's things anywhere, but thankfully, both men were sat by the window, seemingly deep in conversation. She knocked on the door in confusion and both men turned to her wide-eyed, "(Y/N)-ah!"

"What are you doing?" she wondered as she entered and made her way over to the bed, taking a seat on the edge. They both glanced at each other before their father sighed and smiled at (Y/N), "we met a nice guy here, your eomma and oppa approve, so we decided to set a date to meet him tonight with Donghae's and his family."

"Huh?!" (Y/N) exclaimed, eyes wide while her brother and father blinked in confusion after exchanging a glance, "tonight? Why, do you have plans?"

"No, I wasn't expecting it... uh, do I really have to meet this guy, though?" she asked reluctantly, giving them a pleading look and both stared blankly, slowly nodding their heads to emphasise the point. She sighed and shook her own, waiting for her father and brother to leave so she could sort herself out and talk with Donghae.

This holiday wasn't going well and it was just the first day yet.

-

When (Y/N) explained it to Donghae, the man hadn't been impressed at all, so it was understandable he was quiet as they both walked into the church arm-in-arm behind their brothers. She gently rubbed the material of his shirt under her arm and Donghae exhaled before he gave her a distressed look.

"I don't want you to go on a date with that guy. Come on, you have me, your husband, and you have our two sons. Please?" he whispered back in a begging tone, eyes glimmering with hope and (Y/N) released a sigh of defeat before she shook her head slowly, "sorry, you know I can't just decline it."

"Hmph! Fine!" Donghae pouted as they separated ways and went to mingle with their own crowds. (Y/N) was hesitant to but she slowly walked over to the man her brother and father had suggested, awkwardly rubbing the back of her neck, "annyeonghaseyo."

"Oh, (Y/N)-ssi! You look absolutely stunning," the man complimented happily and usually (Y/N) would be over the moon when someone told her that, but it was really different when it wasn't Donghae who said those words. She thanked him with a feigned smile and sighed quietly, glancing around hopelessly for her husband.

She smiled when she saw him stood a few groups away, but an instant frown came on her lips when she realised he was surrounded by unknown women. Her displeasure must've been obvious because the other man gave her a worried look and followed her line of sight, "is everything okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, there's no problem," she muttered with a forced smile and glanced over to the catering area where an array of dishes had been set up. She was about to offer for them to go there, but she was stopped by the man's hand around her arm.

"Huh, is everything- hey! What are you doing?!" (Y/N) gasped when she was pulled in the direction of the exit, but the crowds of people chattering away stopped her from being seen. She tried tugging her hand out of the man's iron grip, but it was useless.

-

Donghae, who'd left the conversation with the strangers, looked around helplessly for any sight of (Y/N) but his attempts were basically useless. He remembered seeing her earlier with the man Sungmin had told him about before they started the reception.

That had been probably fifteen minutes ago and he didn't understand, nor did he like the fact that he was uncomfortable. He could feel sweat forming and his palms getting clammy when he realised he couldn't see (Y/N) anywhere.

"Hey, hyung, have you seen (Y/N) anywhere?" he wandered over to Donghwa who had just left his own crowd of people and the man gave him a confused look before he glanced around, obviously trying to spot their younger friend. Donghwa was immediately worried when he realised neither (Y/N) or the man were there.

"Donghae, did you call her? Maybe she's gone out for some air?" Donghwa suggested and Donghae his lip before he shook his head and murmured a soft 'thanks' and left to go outside.

He took his phone out of his pocket, preparing to call (Y/N) but he heard an all too familiar desperate shout of his name. His eyes widened and he immediately ran in the direction of the voice, his heart beating in a frenzy.

He'd only ever heard that shrill cry twice before; once when Aiden had fallen sick a few months after his birth and there was no sign of him getting any better, and the second when she had received the call for Youngwoon.

Donghae knew something was terribly wrong. He shouldn't have left her alone with that stranger man. He just hoped she was okay and didn't get hurt. His heart couldn't handle the thought of (Y/N) being harmed when he had the chance to prevent it.

He sped through the corridor once he was sure he'd located her voice and wasted no time in finding her gripping the doorway while the man they'd been introduced to earlier was pulling her towards the empty carpark. 

"What do you think you're doing?!"

Both (Y/N) and the man jumped up in shock and thankfully (Y/N) recovered from the surprise first, immediately tugging her arm out of the man's hold and runni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter