Chapter Twelve

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thankfully, the rest of their time at the university went by smoothly. Much, much better than it had when Reina was involved in almost every second of their lives. On the day of their graduation, (Y/N), Hyukjae and Donghae were running around crazily, trying to get ready when Youngwoon rang their doorbell, eyes on his watch as the time ticked by.

Since Donghae and Hyukjae were too busy arguing over a shirt, (Y/N) only rolled her eyes and walked past them, basically flying down the stairs to get the door. She lit up when she saw Youngwoon stood on the other side, dressed prim and proper and with his usual closed-eye smile, "good afternoon, (Y/N)-ah!"

"Good afternoon, Youngwoon!" (Y/N) responded enthusiastically and was awe-struck as Youngwoon reached behind himself and then gave her a bouquet of red roses, his eyes bright and shining with adoration, "a gift for you."

"For me? Thank you!" she responded with a blush and ran to get a vase while Donghae and Hyukjae had seemed to come to a compromise because they descended the stairs while Youngwoon watched them argue quietly in amusement.

"Great, Youngwoon you're here!" Donghae grinned in excitement as he bounced over to the bigger man who gladly accepted the hug, a fond look in his eyes. He gently nudged him away a few moments later and looked at both his and Hyukjae's state of dress, letting out a low whistle of approval.

"You all look great! I knew red would suit all of you," (Y/N) chose that moment to come back to them and Youngwoon gave a closed-eye smile while Hyukjae's gummy one appeared because of the praise. Donghae chuckled slightly and went over to (Y/N), throwing an arm around her waist and gently kissed her cheek.

"You did great, baby."

"Ew, save it for when we're not here!" Youngwoon and Hyukjae gagged, but looked away from (Y/N) when she started giggling, light blushes on both of their cheeks. Donghae chuckled at their reaction and then smiled sweetly at (Y/N), "are you ready to go?"

"Mhm, let's go!" she suggested and went to grab her own red blazer to wear over the white dress Donghae had bought for her. Donghae decided to wait inside while Hyukjae and Youngwoon went to the latter's new Porsche 911 he'd recently purchased.

"Baby, you look amazing. Shall we take some selfies before going?" Donghae wondered hopefully when (Y/N) returned in her full outfit, the heels letting her reach to just above his shoulder and (Y/N) agreed immediately. They both went to his room and snapped a few pictures in front of the full-body mirror by the window where they could be clearly seen by Youngwoon and Hyukjae.

Youngwoon noticed the pair first since the curtains hadn't been drawn and his heart squeezed a little when he saw them both laughing happily, obviously lost in each others' eyes as they exchanged soft touches and kisses. He inhaled deeply and grabbed his phone, deciding to scroll through some games as they waited for the two lovebirds.

"Hyung?" Hyukjae spoke softly after a few moments of silence, voice seeming a little off and Youngwoon glanced at him through the rear-view mirror, his eyebrows furrowed slightly, "yeah, Hyuk? Is everything okay? You never call me hyung..."

"I just... have you ever had an unrequited love?" he asked in a quiet voice and Youngwoon felt his heart clench at the lost look in the boy's face. He thought about it for a moment and cast a fleeting glance in Donghae and (Y/N)'s direction, but the curtains had been drawn, meaning they would probably be joining them soon.

"Yeah, Hyuk, I... it's hard. Watching the person you love with someone else... or them never reciprocating your feelings," he said sadly and Hyukjae made a small sound of agreement before Youngwoon tensed slightly, "do you have that, Hyuk?"

"Mhm, I-" he cut off and Youngwoon glanced back, wondering what had happened when he saw the other looking at his house with wide eyes and parted lips. Youngwoon turned to see what he was staring at and his jaw dropped in awe, eyes sparkling and his breath catching as he saw (Y/N) follow Donghae out of their home, the latter holding out a hand with a polite bow to let (Y/N) hold herself steady.

"They're really perfect together," Hyukjae murmured out, releasing a soft sigh and Youngwoon immediately agreed, eyes locked on (Y/N)'s face as it morphed into pure joy as Donghae fooled around with her. Both were grinning so widely it physically pained Youngwoon as the two got into his car, (Y/N) at the front and Donghae behind with Hyukjae. (Y/N) whistled in appreciation as soon as she sat in the comfy seats.

"This the car we got? Looking nice, Youngwoon," (Y/N) grinned as she ran her finger across the dashboard and Donghae and Hyukjae exchanged a confused glance before they tilted their heads curiously to the two at the front who were excitedly praising the model, "what are you talking about? The car you got together?"

"Oh, didn't I tell you? I decided to fund Youngwoon's interest in vehicles. His new company will be launching soon, and I'm hoping to get a good amount of stocks," (Y/N) explained with a nod and Youngwoon snorted, giving her an amused look, "keeping me for the money, huh? You are cruel!"

"I gotta make my living somehow," (Y/N) snickered in response, throwing a light punch to his arm which sent tingles through his whole body. He froze and focused on driving while (Y/N) explained to Donghae and Hyukjae how they'd randomly decided one night that they'd co-own a future vehicle company, and started with the motorbikes and cars Youngwoon owned since the last year.

'She has Donghae, Donghae is your best friend, you will dishonour both of them if you act on your desires. She is your best friend. But, she's everything I ever wanted in a relationship... no, Youngwoon, you can't think that. She deserves better than you-'

"Youngwoon, you good? You've been acting different since you got home," Donghae wondered, gently nudging his shoulder and Youngwoon snapped up to glance at his friend through the rear-view, smiling awkwardly at him, "oh, yeah, I'm good. Sorry, was just thinking."

"Everything okay?" (Y/N) asked a few moments later since the troubled expression on Youngwoon's face was still there and he tensed, forcing a smile of assurance to his face, "mhm, I'm okay. Oh, how long till we have to be there by?"

"There's still an hour, don't worry," (Y/N) smiled brightly and Youngwoon returned it before he went back to focusing on the road, piping into the conversation only when he was asked something.

-

The venue was totally packed, and trying to move around in heels was proving to be difficult for (Y/N) who'd end up having to drag herself behind Donghae, a tense look on her face as she bit her lips to prevent any sounds from escaping. They managed to find an empty row at the end and sat down, (Y/N) immediately releasing a loud sigh of relief.

"What's up?" Hyukjae whispered since everyone had gone silent and she offered him a smile, "don't worry about it, Hyuk. I'm okay."

"Okay, good," Hyukjae said uneasily, and that was the end of their conversation before they were required to focus solely on the stage where their lecturer had begun speaking.

The ceremony was over fairly quickly, a surprise because of the amount of people present, but they were still required to stay for a mandatory dinner and photoshoot session which made many attendees groan aloud, but they were then introduced to some major names in the business industry.

Donghae and (Y/N) almost fainted when they saw their fathers appear through a crowd of people, wide and proud grins on their faces. Youngwoon was confused by their reaction and exchanged lost looks with Hyukjae who only rose his eyebrow and then turned to Mr Choi and Mr Lee with a grin.

"Annyeonghaseyo, abeonims! I had no idea you were coming. How are you doing?" he started and the older men chuckled while Youngwoon's eyes widened in realisation.

The young couple still seemed shocked beyond their wits and Youngwoon barely managed to catch what the fathers were saying because of his own shock.

"Ah, Hyukjae, we've met before, I'm glad you're still friends with our Donghae and (Y/N)! Oh, though, I can't say I've ever met you before! Who might you be, young man?" Mr Choi said with a beaming smile as he offered his hand to Youngwoon who immediately shook it, stumbling over his words, "oh, it's nice to meet you, sirs! I'm Kim Youngwoon, one of their friends."

"Why are they both that shocked? Acting like we've caught them in some sort of scandal. Aren't you guys going to greet your dads?" Mr Lee asked in a teasing voice and (Y/N) was the first to break out of her disbelief, awkwardly smiling and hugging them both.

"Abeonim, appa, I didn't know you were coming!"

"Make that the three of us," Hyukjae snickered quietly under his breath and Youngwoon raised an amused eyebrow while Donghae also went over to their fathers, awkwardly avoiding touching (Y/N), something both Youngwoon and Hyukjae immediately noticed.

"So, you two have not found anyone yet? I thought I'd be returning to see one of you in a long-term relationship at least!" Mr Choi chuckled and Youngwoon and Hyukjae were even more confused now, their eyebrows furrowing as the other two almost panicked.

"Oh- um- we haven't, oh- busy-"

"I knew you'd catch on, appa! This is my boyfriend, Youngwoon!" (Y/N) randomly exclaimed and as she turned to the mentioned with a pleading expression on her face, Youngwoon got over his initial shock and immediately laughed nervously, "oh, yeah, haha! Um, I'm her- yup, she's my girlfriend."

'What the heck is going on?!' the four younger immediately looked at each other with exasperated expressions while Mr Choi and Mr Lee blinked in disbelief, exchanged shocked looks and then their jaws dropped as they looked at Youngwoon who had reddened.

"Um, oh yeah! Youngwoon is her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter