Chapter Thirteen

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one month later when Donghae decided he wanted to do something. Something very special. For himself and (Y/N).

Even though the love of his life was currently covered in all sorts of sauces and cheeses, whining about messing it all up, Donghae had a moment of epiphany as he decided there and then.

He was going to marry this woman.

"Donghae!" another whinge, another pout.

Well, maybe after he'd helped her out of her crisis.

-

"Are you sure about this? I don't know... it doesn't seem like a good idea," Youngwoon said with a bite to his lips, avoiding looking at Donghae who gasped dramatically, "but, why?!"

"I don't know if (Y/N) will be comfortable with the whole idea," he said honestly and Hyukjae snorted as he shook his head for response, "don't be silly. She'll be over the moon."

"Talk about it with her first," Youngwoon sighed, still looking unconvinced and hesitant, but (Y/N) walked in at that moment, rubbing sleep out of her eyes and yawning, "what are you three talking about?"

"Oh, just asking Youngwoon if he wanted to move in with us," Donghae responded and (Y/N) paused, blinking as she looked at them in slight confusion, "we don't have room."

"Uh, yeah, about that. Um, we could make an extension!" Hyukjae interjected and (Y/N) nodded slowly and unsurely before she smiled at Youngwoon, "have fun living next-door to Hyukjae, he's a total jerk. Snores like a plane."

"I think I can cope," Youngwoon laughed as Hyukjae gave her a look full of disbelief before punching her shoulder, "you little rat. I do not snore like that. You should hear yourself snore, I feel sorry for Donghae when he hears it right in his ears!"

"Hey! Donghae, tell him he's lying!" (Y/N) frowned, looking at Donghae for help, but the latter nervously laughed and shrugged his shoulders with a small pout on his lips, "sorry, jagiya, he's right. It takes a while for me to sleep when you're there, you snore very loud."

"I hate you both," (Y/N) huffed and stuck her tongue at the pair before she turned to a smiling Youngwoon cheerfully, "Youngwoon, let's leave these liars and go out for breakfast. They're unwanted from now!"

"Sure, whatever you say," Youngwoon laughed in amusement as the other two gave them both offended looks and then proceeded to beg for forgiveness from (Y/N) as they pouted at her, trying to block her path. Donghae ended up actually falling over, making (Y/N) worry and it was finally decided that they'd have breakfast together since (Y/N) started feeling bad for the fish-like man.

-

It was three months after graduation and Youngwoon had moved in as well when you realised you couldn't find Donghae. He hadn't been present in the morning and you'd checked his room later in the day, but there was still no sign of him then. Youngwoon had gone to run some errands, so you decided to go to the kitchen to make yourself some dinner since no one else was there, and managed to catch a glimpse of Hyukjae.

"Hey, Hyuk, have you seen Hae?" you asked Hyukjae when the man entered the kitchen dressed in skinny black jeans, a black t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. Taking in his appearance, you gulped down your sandwich and rose an eyebrow, "what's up with you? You know it's cold out, right?"

"Well, to answer your question, I did see the fish in the morning. He said he had something to do. Also, I am aware of the weather outside, but we're going on a date," Hyukjae stated and looked at the watch around his wrist before he turned back to you, a smile on his face while you blinked, "we are?"

"Yep, you, me and my bike. Let's go to out together," Hyukjae nodded and suddenly pulled you up with your arm, "go and get changed. Wear that dress Donghae bought for your anniversary and some heels. Um, actually, on second thought, wear trainers but pack those heels definitely."

"Any reason why I'm going on a date with my other half's best friend? Is this not considered-" you were cut off by Hyukjae faking a throwing up motion in front of you and gagging in disgust, "dude, never in that way. As this may be the last day we will be friends, I thought we should make the most of it."

"Last day as friends? Are you ditching us?" you wondered blankly and Hyukjae shook his head, a grin lifting on his lips, "nope, nothing like that. But it is true we may not be only friends by tonight. Anyway, hurry up, go get dressed and grab a hoodie while you're at it."

"Right," you sighed and glanced outside, glad that it was dark already. While Hyukjae cleaned up the kitchen, you went to get dressed as he had requested and left Donghae a message, but it didn't seem that it was even received. Exhaling again, you left the house and climbed on Hyukjae's motorbike, wrapping your arms around the owner's waist.

-

It had, thankfully, been a shorter ride than expected but you gasped upon seeing the high-end designer mall he had just brought you to. You turned to Hyukjae in confusion, but the other simply chuckled and tugged your arm, leading you into the first jewellery shop on the right, "in we go."

"Hyukjae, what are we doing at a jeweller's?" you wondered seriously, but the man didn't reply as you had expected. Instead, he grinned and threw an arm around your shoulders before he pulled you over to the necklace section with a hum, "it's called 'spoil my best friend's girl day.' Now, come on, you have to choose something."

"You are acting very strange, Hyuk. I mean usually you make us pay for your clothes too, what's gotten into you?" you questioned worriedly, but Hyukjae shook his head, and held your shoulders, to guide you to the necklaces on display, "well, consider everything today as a one-off. It's a very special day today and I want to do something for you. Consider it a graduation present if you really can't think of anything else. You just have to accept my gifts."

"I don't want you spending money on me like this, but if you're insisting, I won't start a scene. Anyway, do you want me to get a necklace?" you tried and Hyukjae hummed, nodding his agreement as he pondered over the range of sets in your sight, "or better yet, you should get a matching set. Excuse me, have you any recommendations as to what triple-sets would look good on her?"

"Oh yes, of course. Is this your first time here? Would you like to get a membership, we offer discounts and exclusive gifts," the employee Hyukjae had called over stated and Hyukjae gave you a questioning look, but you shrugged, leaving Hyukjae doing the same, "um, yes, please make that in Donghae Lee's name. Anyway, what colour do you think suits my friend here?"

"Are you sure you're just friends?" the girl suddenly giggled and you and Hyukjae exchanged a glance before you both awkwardly laughed and waited for her to take Donghae's details - you made sure to throw Hyukjae a dirty look for that - down so that you could purchase and get out of the shop as fast as humanely possible.

"Mh, do we look like not just friends? Seriously, people need to go out more," Hyukjae huffed and you giggled while the lady gave you both a curious glance and then smiled brightly, "you two are really cute together! Would you like to take couple photos?"

"Um, we appreciate the offer, but no thank you. Also, we're not together," Hyukjae informed again and the woman just laughed, looking you and Hyukjae up and down, "don't be silly, I could tell from a mile away the way you look at her! So, come on, would you like a couple's set? Pictures? Engagement rings?"

"Oh, no thank you!" Hyukjae exclaimed in a fluster, rushing to shove you in another direction, leaving you completely confused by what the cashier had said. Hyukjae m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter