Chapter Eight

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Sungmin received an urgent phone call from Siwon, the latter hissing he needed to come over because something was wrong with his sister, Sungmin hadn't hesitated. He dressed and didn't even bother washing his face before he left his mansion and went to the Choi's. Thankfully he didn't have to wait long before he was let in.

He greeted Mr Kim with a polite bow and went up the staircase, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion when he heard the undeniable voice of (Y/N) loudly belting out the lyrics of My Turn To Cry. 

He met Mr Choi at the top of the staircase who just seemed glad to see him while fixing his cufflinks, "hey, Sungmin. Did Siwon text you?"

"Yes, samcheon. What's happened to (Y/N)-ah?" he wondered, hoping to gain some idea of what could've caused her to be like that, but Mr Choi just shrugged his shoulders and winced when the lyrics changed to Baby Don't Cry. 

"I think boy trouble. She's not said anything to anyone, and I have to get to work, so Siwon said he'd try and talk to her."

"Ah, right. Have a good day at work, samcheon. I'll go and check what's up," Sungmin told him politely with a bow and the man chuckled, raising a hand to ruffle his hair before he said his farewells and walked down the staircase. Sungmin watched him leave and once he'd turned away, ran up to (Y/N)'s door which was wide open.

"Hey, (Y/N), Siwon! What's going on?" Sungmin greeted in curiosity as he observed the girl buried in her pillow while her brother sat on the windowsill, staring at her in wonder. They both seemed tad surprised by his appearance, but then relaxed and gave him a nod of acknowledgement, "hey."

"What's wrong?" he tried again, smiling when (Y/N) reacted properly this time and released a loud sigh as she sat up to look at him, a large pout on her face. He was going to for her expression before his eyes widened a little in surprise, "hey, wait. Did you cry because of whatever happened?"

"What?!" Siwon seemed shocked by his discovery and immediately turned to (Y/N), his eyes widening comically as he realised that his best friend was right. It was obvious to the eye (Y/N) had cried. 

She'd cried a lot. The boys felt their blood begin to boil.

"What happened?!"

(Y/N) stared between the two older boys before she released a loud sigh of defeat, eyes averting to her bedsheets as she twisted them between her fingers. Then she proceeded to tell them what had happened.

Of course she made sure to omit details that'd give them away as well as the name of the boy who'd made her like that.

...

"Did you enjoy the date today? I'm still sorry we couldn't go to Namsan for our first anniversary. I really wanted to go too," (Y/N) almost squealed hearing how apologetic Donghae sounded, but didn't want to make him feel more bad so she laughed softly, "it's okay, jagiya. We would've been bust if we'd gone there."

"Yeah, I don't know why Sungmin hyung and Siwon hyung would choose today out of all days to go on a double date with their girlfriends at our spot. They're so pesky," Donghae huffed with an annoyed pout and (Y/N) chuckled at his tone, "well, at least we still had a good time. Did you?"

"Yes, of course. Anytime spent with you is a good time," Donghae said cheekily and (Y/N) snickered, but it was obvious even to Donghae that she was blushing, something he didn't wait a second to about, "you're blushing, aren't you? Aw, you're so cute!"

"Ah, shush! Anyway, I heard the prom is happening next month. Do you... uh, have plans of going?" she finished off almost hesitantly, but Donghae didn't seem bothered by it, even chuckling lightly as he responded, "no, not as of yet. I'm still not sure if I can even make it, I'll have to see. What about you? Do you have plans?"

"Oh... uh, nah, you already know I have no friends, so I wouldn't go alone," (Y/N) shrugged it off, but she hoped the longing in her voice wouldn't be missed. Unfortunately, Donghae didn't seem to get the hint and just laughed, "don't be silly, you do have friends. You just need to accept people's invitations when they ask you to hang out."

"But, I'd rather be spending time with you," (Y/N) said in complete sincerity, causing Donghae to coo and let out a shy giggle for response. He nervously cleared his throat and scratched the back of his head, "so, what are you up to?"

"Well, I got home and had dinner and went for a shower. Jiwon's on a sleepover, so I couldn't talk to her, and Siwon oppa's still not back, so I'm just in my room talking with you. Eomma and appa are out too," she pouted and moved the phone to her other ear, "what about you? What are you doing?"

"Well, basically the same. Donghwa hyung hasn't replied to my messages, so I was spamming him before I called you. Should I come over?" he wondered with an expectant tone and (Y/N) gasped in disbelief before she realised there wasn't actually anything wrong with it since no one knew they were together, "sure! Bring the Strong World movie, Wen borrowed mine and she's not returned it yet."

"Already sharing gifts with your sister-in-law?" Donghae teased with a snort, knowing how much it annoyed her whenever he mentioned about her brother getting married. Still, he promised he'd bring it and went to grab the movie and a jacket while listening to her rant.

"Are you actually that annoyed just thinking of him getting married?" he laughed in disbelief at the words that left , but he was surprised by her pause before she snorted, "no, but I just know if she comes and lives here, I'm going to have to do everything!"

"Well, we'll probably be living together by then," Donghae replied a little hesitantly, immediately regretting his decision when there was a silence on the other end, "sorry, I shouldn't have-"

"No, I was just surprised. Do you want us to live together?" (Y/N) didn't seem disturbed by the idea, so Donghae found comfort in that as he locked the doors behind himself and began walking down to the gates, "mhm, I... well I was insinuating we'd be married and living under our own roof before Siwon hyung even gets the chance to propose."

"Um... oh. That... I didn't know, Donghae. I mean, of course I love the idea, I've just never thought of it if I'm being honest. I didn't expect you to have either," (Y/N) replied honestly and Donghae was glad her tone wasn't one of disgust and chuckled nervously as he walked along the footpath, "ah, of course I've thought about it. Don't worry, I'm not pressuring you, but I just wanted you to know. If you ever think of marriage, I'm down for it."

"You're down for it when I think of it? What, am I only marrying you?" (Y/N) teased with a laugh and Donghae snorted, rolling his eyes, "well, duh. Who else would you be marrying? Sorry jagiya, you're stuck with me forever now. We're growing up, getting married, having four kids, growing old and dying together."

"Four kids?!" (Y/N) screeched through a loud laugh and Donghae was happy to hear the pure happiness in her voice as he chuckled in return, "of course! Three boys and one girl, or two boys and two girls. Can't be any less!"

"Don't I have a say in this?! It's my body!" (Y/N) seemed amused by his claims and he burst out into laughter as he turned in on the Choi's mansion, using the biometric scanner to get in, "well, okay, if you really have to. I guess you could compromise we'll have five kids."

"Oh lord, Donghae!"

-

A few days later, at school, Donghae and (Y/N) were sat next to each other, talking about the science homework when a loud thud on Donghae's desk had them reeling in surprise. They exchanged a glance before looking wide-eyed at Sandara who was blatantly ignoring (Y/N) as she placed her hands on her hips and stared down at Donghae.

"Oh, uh, are you okay, Sandara-ssi?" Donghae tried, eyebrow lifted in curiosity, and his eyes widened slightly when she leaned more forward, almost shoving her unclothed front in his face. (Y/N) rolled her eyes at that and went back to the questions while Donghae just gulped.

"Drop the honorifics, we're all friends here. Isn't that right, (Y/N)-ah?" (Y/N) almost flinched at how sweet Sandara's tone was and she hesitated in looking up and nodding slowly, "uh, you're right, Sandara-ssi- I mean, Sandara-ah."

"Don't be silly, call me Dara! Anyway, since we're all good friends here, I wanted to ask you something, (Y/N)-ah~" Sandara sang in a sickeningly sweet voice which made (Y/N) slightly tense as she looked up at her in wonder, "ah, yes?"

"I just have something I absolutely must ask Donghae here, so I would really appreciate if you could go somewhere else to do whatever you're doing," even though the request sounded innocent, the glare she received didn't, so (Y/N) reluctantly agreed. She sent her boyfriend a glance, nodding subtly when he discreetly gestured to his phone and left the classroom to go to the rooftop.

She paced nervously, wondering what Sandara had wanted to ask Donghae. It had to be serious - there was no one else but them in the classroom when she'd come to him. (Y/N) sighed, wishing Donghae would just appear out of thin air to calm her worries, but she tried to be open-minded.

It could be something serious, like perhaps the science homework and Sandara really needed Donghae's help with it, since he excelled at the subject. Maybe there was an issue at home that Donghae could help fix.

She wasn't prepared for the message she received instead.

Jagiya💙💙
She asked me to the prom. I had to say yes. If I didn't it would've been too suspicious since I already told her I wasn't going with anyone. I'm sorry.

Yeobo🥰❤️
Ah?? Oh...

Jagiya💙💙
I didn't want to confirm we were together without informing you, so I didn't even hesitate to agree. I'm sorry yeobo.

Yeobo🥰❤️
I mean... okay... I only want to expose us when we both agree on it. I'm a bit upset you're going to her with prom, I really wanted to ask you, but it's fine, you didn't have another choice in that situation.

Jagiya💙💙
Aw... I'm really sorry. I did plan on asking you, actually. I had decorations and everything, but once she mentio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter