Chapter Five

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae adjusted his backpack strap as he waited for the school bus to arrive. His brother was stood beside him, scrolling through his phone and blowing on a chewing gum.

"Your mask looks ridiculous," Donghwa mentioned, making Donghae pout as he fitted the tiger mask on his face. "I think this whole trip is ridiculous, but I really want to go to Jeju with the club."

"Dork," Donghwa snorted and ruffled his hair as the younger whined and ducked his head cutely. The older brother chuckled and headlocked the younger while Donghae checked his phone.

Choy
I got on the bus. We're coming to the park right now.

Aiden
I'm waiting at the park with my hyung. How many people are on the bus?

Choy
Um looks like Teacher Lee, 3 boys and 3 girls and me.

Choy
Oh, we're turning in right now!

Aiden
Oh, I see the bus.

Choy
I see you.

"Hyung, they're here. See you tomorrow!" he turned to his brother and threw his arms around his shoulders, making the older laugh lightly. "Okay, baby bro. Have a good time."

Donghae waved his hand at his brother as he disappeared down the street and the minibus pulled up beside him. Donghae walked in and glanced around for his pen pal and grinned under his mask when he saw a hand raise from right at the back.

"Hello, Choy," he waved as he moved his bag to his front and sat in the seat beside his pen pal who also had a tiger mask on. She waved at him and let him get comfortable before moving her own bag on her lap. "Hello, Aiden."

"Okay, guys, since we're all here, we'll make our way to the airport. We're expecting to arrive by six at the latest. Um... then we'll be going to the accommodation and having a barbecue party. It's your duty to tell your parents the moment we get to the train station. That's all the notices. You may do what you want now," Teacher Lee announced and then sat back in his seat.

"So, Aiden, got no cheesy pick-up lines today, huh?" (Y/N) asked in a teasing tone, reaching to elbow Donghae whom blushed before he stuttered cutely, "uh, I mean... I'm more comfortable doing that... well, you know, when we're not face-to-face..."

"Oh, come on, no one's even listening," (Y/N) snickered and Donghae pouted, carefully observing their surroundings to discover she was correct and then exhaled lightly, leaning into his seat so he could hid himself even more.

(Y/N) rose her eyebrow in confusion when Donghae gestured with his fingers for her to come closer and she slowly edged closer, gasping lightly when he wrapped his hand around her neck and pulled her nearer to him, "okay, I got one."

"You didn't to pull me that close!" (Y/N) hissed quietly, her cheeks a scarlet red as he chuckled under her breath. He let her go slightly and, making sure his voice was soft and quiet, "smell my shirt. What does it smell like?"

"Huh, what?" (Y/N) blinked, unsure if she'd heard correctly, but he was looking back at her with a mischievous glint in his shining eyes, "okay... if you say so..." and she leaned forward, taking a whiff of the surprisingly familiar scent. She was sure there was only one person their age whom used that colo-

"Eek!" she gasped in surprise once she felt warm lips press against her forehead and she looked up to see him laughing softly, "it's boyfriend material."

"Aiden!" she sputtered out in disbelief, cheeks heating up in embarrassment while he just laughed and sat back in his seat, totally proud of himself for clearly making her shy due to his pick-up line.

-

Teacher Lee smirked when he saw Donghae and (Y/N) asleep next to each other. They were in the first ten minutes of their plane journey, and after much conversation and snacking, both had dozed off.

"Okay, guys, they're asleep," Teacher Lee told the other 'pen pal club members' who took off their masks and released heavy breaths of relief. Teacher Lee chuckled as the others glanced back at the sleeping pair and snickered at them.

"This whole thing was so risky. I can't believe they didn't even notice that we've been with them this whole time," Sungmin snorted as Siwon nodded along, running a hand through his recently dyed hair. "Good thing eomma and appa distracted them. I still cannot believe they agreed that their grades were so low that they'd need to join a club over it."

"Teacher Lee, why did you even want to do this?" Hankyung questioned the Assistant Headteacher, who grinned broadly at his question, "well, isn't that obvious? The moment they stepped foot into this school, I knew they were perfect for each other. Anyway, what's a relationship without arguments like theirs? Since this is the only time I can do anything like this, I should put in my all."

"Talk about ulterior motives," Kim Saeun, Sungmin's girlfriend, giggled at the man who seemed happy with his idea. Saeun watched him for a moment and then turned to laugh at Sungmin who had just face-palmed.

"By the way, the weather forecast said it will rain all night in Jeju," Liu Wen, an exchange student and Siwon's girlfriend, stated, making Teacher Lee shrug before a smirk settled on his lips. "I know. I want them hanging out at the beach before it starts raining. Then, we'll all make the maknaes go and get food."

"Though I have no problem with them hanging out even in the middle of the night, because, to put it straight they hate each other, but I disapprove my sister going out at night in the weather we're expecting," Siwon frowned with Sungmin nodding, because the boy agreed totally. "Relax, kids. The accommodation we're staying at told me about the weather, and I reserved some meat they make for their restaurant. Donghae and (Y/N) will never know."

"You are sly, man. Very sly," Celina, another exchange student and Hankyung's girlfriend, grinned at Teacher Lee, who looked slightly too proud of himself. Siwon and Sungmin laughed at the ridiculousness of the whole situation before placing their masks back on their faces.

"What can I say, I've been waiting for something exciting to happen in that dead school for years. When I saw them together in the corridor that day, I just knew there had to be something to give them an extra push," Teacher Lee smirked and folded his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter