Chapter Seventeen

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It may have been a spur of the moment decision, but it was one of the best ones they'd made. Instead of spending their winter freezing, they took a month trip to the city of Melbourne with Youngwoon, Hyukjae and their respective girlfriends. It was the perfect time for them to relax and have fun before they returned to their busy lives in the States.

"Donghae, grab Aiden, would you?" (Y/N) called to her childish husband who immediately swam over and lifted Aiden on his shoulders and then went over to Youngwoon and Hyukjae after giving her a soft kiss which had her laughing. She was still smiling as she went to sit on the seats between Taeyeon and Hyoyeon who were watching the men playing on the surfboards.

"You must be so happy. Aiden can finally walk, talk and he acts so cute!" Taeyeon gushed and (Y/N) smiled brightly, though her eyes tinged with a slight sadness, "ah, I wish he could go back to the newborn stage. He's growing up too quickly!"

"Yeah, I can't believe it's been almost a whole year since we met him! He grew up so much," Hyoyeon added and laughed when Hyukjae stood on a surfboard but lost his balance and fell face-flat in the water, making Aiden burst into giggles.

"Aw, I want a child like Aiden. I can't wait for Youngwoon and myself to have a baby, Youngwoon would be a great father!" Taeyeon's smile almost split her face and her heart fluttered when Youngwoon threw Aiden into the sky, kissing him on his nose each time he landed back in his palms.

"Youngwoon and Hyukjae would be great fathers," Y/N) agreed, smiling to herself when the men suddenly decided to play a game involving 'catch Aiden' who was squealing so loudly as he was tossed between their small circle. Hyoyeon gasped, "are you okay with them doing that? What if he gets hurt?"

"Ah, I've seen them do worse. Apparently it 'builds character' for him. I think they're insane, but they've been with him since he was born, they think they know what's okay for him and what's not," (Y/N) rolled her eyes fondly and laughed when Taeyeon and Hyoyeon gave her bewildered looks.

-

"Hey, (Y/N), are you busy with anything? Can you and Aiden come out for a while?" Youngwoon's voice came from the speaker and you groaned, rubbing sleep out of your eyes, "mhm, no. I just got up. I'll need to get Aiden ready. Why, what's up? Everything good?"

"Oh, yeah, I just wanted to go out shopping. The girls have gone with Hyukjae, and I needed to do something, but I think it'd be better if you come with me," he said reluctantly and you hummed sleepily, "okay, I'll be fifteen minutes. See you then."

"Okay, thanks," he responded softly and I wondered if he was okay because of his tone, but the thought flew out of my mind as I remembered I needed to get myself and Aiden ready for whatever Youngwoon wanted to do. Donghae was fast asleep so it was difficult to leave the hotel room, but you somehow managed and fifteen minutes later, you met Youngwoon who immediately picked Aiden up, planting a kiss to his forehead, "hi, baby!"

"Uncle 'Gwoon!" Aiden giggled and hugged Youngwoon cutely while you just smiled as they murmured sweetly to each other. Youngwoon seemed to realise something, though, and smiled in your direction, "I want to get back before they do, so we should hurry. I have an idea in mind, but I'm not sure if it will be suited."

"What are you talking about?" you wondered in honest confusion and Youngwoon blushed slightly, using his free hand to sheepishly rub the back of his neck, "uh, I'm going to propose to Taeyeon. I wanted to buy the ring."

"Oh! That's awesome! Let's go!" you suggested enthusiastically and Youngwoon shyly nodded, leading you down to the front of the hotel. He hailed a taxi close-by and it wasn't long after that the three of you were stood at a luxurious mall with very few people inside.

"Uncle 'Gwoon, Powowo!" Aiden shrieked in excitement when he saw a penguin plushie in the window of the toy store you'd passed and Youngwoon smiled, kissing his head, "don't worry, samcheon will buy it for you later. Aiden, do you want to pick a ring for imo?"

"Ani, for eomma," he responded, eyebrows pulled together and pout on his lips while you cooed and leaned forward to peck his cheek, "baby, you're so cute. Youngwoon samcheon is picking a ring for Taeyeon imo, do you want to help?"

"Wing!" the boy exclaimed, completely ignoring what you'd just told him, and you released a breathless sigh while Youngwoon just chuckled and shook his head in amusement.

Youngwoon led you to the second floor of the establishment and once you stepped into the jewellery store, your jaw dropped a little in shock since everything was so flashy and looked so expensive. Taeyeon woukd surely love anything Youngwoon left with.

"Good morning, Sir, Madam. I'm at your service if you require anything," a clerk said with a slight smile as she looked at you both and then her eyes landed on Aiden and brightened, "your son is adorable! Let me guess, shopping for wedding rings for you both?"

"Uh... no, engagement ring, please," Youngwoon corrected awkwardly, letting Aiden down to hold his hand instead. The lady just smiled, giving you a little wink, "it's okay, many customers like you come in. So, how long into your relationship was he born?"

"Ah, there seems to be a mistake. He's my husband's and I's son, this man here is a good friend. He's planning on proposing, please find him a good ring," you answered and glanced down when you felt Aiden tug at your pants, "hm? What's up, baby?"

"Pwetty!" he grinned proudly, pointing at something on display and you and Youngwoon both looked over in curiosity, eyes widening as you observed the ring. He was right. It was perfect.

It didn't take long at all for Youngwoon to purchase the ring, buy the plush for Aiden, and lead you back to the hotel where Donghae had woken up and greeted you and Aiden with hugs when you went up to your room.

-

"He asked for my hand from my parents, and asked me at the dinner! I wasn't expecting it at all! I love the ring and him too, of course!" (Y/N) grinned happily as she listened to Taeyeon flaunt over the phone about her fiancé and her ring while she and Hyoyeon just listened, chirping in when needed.

"We're so happy for you, Taeyeon. Honestly, that's so great!" Hyoyeon admitted cheerfully and (Y/N) agreed happily, blurting about how happy she was for her too.

"I can't wait to start my new life with him. Honestly, it's everything I ever wanted! I can't wait to get married and have our own little Aiden!" she exclaimed with a squeal and (Y/N) laughed slightly, "sorry, Aiden is one-of-a-kind. I just know you two are going to be great parents, though! I hope the honeymoon phase never ends between you both."

"Thank you, (Y/N)-ah! Anyway, how's things going with you and Hyukjae, Hyoyeon? What about you and Aiden's dad, (Y/N)?" Taeyeon wondered after realising her friends had been listening to her gush over Youngwoon for the past half-an-hour.

"Really good. We're still taking things step-by-step, but honestly it's working so well. I don't think I ever got to know any of my past relationships as well as I know Hyukjae. It's really nice, we can just talk dance the whole time, I'm never bored," Hyoyeon responded dreamily and (Y/N) smiled at her tone before Hyoyeon asked her the same, making her inhale lightly.

"I feel like I'm being ungrateful if I complain, but ever since Aiden was born, Donghae's become infatuated. Not that there's anything wrong with it, I just sometimes miss the old times when his only concern was my interests. The honeymoon stage ended too quickly in my opinion," (Y/N) admitted and then smiled when she heard Aiden's happy squeal from his room, probably playing with his dad, "I'm grateful for and wholeheartedly love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter