Chapter Three

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae yawned as he gripped his blanket tighter to himself. It was almost 3:00AM and Donghae had been woken by his parents because their ride was going to arrive. He didn't understand how or why, but his dad loved his best friend so much and vice versa that both had decided to go to their homes together.

He couldn't believe he had to sit in a car for almost four hours with that annoying , Choi (Y/N).

Oh, speak of the devil.

Donghae grunted in greeting as (Y/N) stomped to his side and unceremoniously plopped herself down on his suitcase. "Morning," she muttered, and he nodded sleepily, bringing his arms around (Y/N) and dug his face in her back. "So warm..."

"Weirdos," Sungmin snorted and turned to greet Siwon who didn't look the least bit as if he had just woken up. "What's with you? Did you sleep at all?" Siwon frowned at his expression and then scratched his neck, "of course I did. I got out of bed ten minutes ago."

"Oh, here it is. Everyone, go and sit inside, we'll put the luggage in the back," Donghae's father ushered the two families into the minivan while (Y/N)'s father opened the boot and piled everyone's bags together. (Y/N) and Donghae were shoved together in the backseats despite their countless protests, but they were unheard and unsurprisingly became quiet in moments.

"They hate each other, don't they?" Donghae's father asked with a roll of his eyes as he strapped himself into the seat, looking in the rear-view mirror and seeing his youngest son and his supposed enemy asleep, the latter with her head on Donghae's shoulder and the boy with his cheek on her head.

"Loathe, I heard," (Y/N)'s father snorted as he followed his best friend in the van and stretched. He glanced behind them and smiled at the sight of his and his best friend's wife conversing with each other. Donghwa and Jiwon were sat behind them, playing a game of 'Guess who'. Behind the eldest and youngest child in the van were the best friends Sungmin and Siwon, who by some miraculous blessing always had something to share with each other. And finally, right at the back of the van were the once best friends who now seemingly hated each other; Lee Donghae and Choi (Y/N).

-

Unknown Number
Hello, this is Aiden! :D

Unknown Number
I hope you are enjoying your Chuseok. Even with that maknae around. I know how you feel about it, I'm spending Chuseok with family and my forever family friends... their child is a total . It always feels like I'm babysitting a real idiot!

Unknown Number
Also, you know how I used the 'I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?' line? My original one was; 'I'm no mathematician, but I'm pretty good with numbers. Tell you what, give me yours and watch what I can do with it.' though I thought it may be too forward, so I had to stop myself. Tell me what you think about it, though!

Choy
Oh, hello, Aiden! Yes, we just came to Mokpo, so Chuseok has just started. Poor you, guess we have to deal with the same misfortune. I guess I like both of them? The second is a bit forward, but it's coming from you. Aiden, you are the most forward person I know... um, heard... read? You just are a forward guy, lol.

Aiden
Well, I mean, my actions aren't rejected?

Choy
Of course not, lol. You're really sweet.

Aiden
Thanks? Haha, I don't get that a lot. The students usually just think I'm a clingy dork.

Choy
Well, that's my type, so that doesn't matter to me! ^^

Aiden
>.< Was that a pickup line?!

Choy
Ehhh, nope. I did have one though.

Aiden
Let me hear it, please!!

Choy
Okay, so...

Choy
You must be a broom, 'cause you just swept me off my feet.

Aiden
ooooooooooooo myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy goooooooooooooooooooooood

Aiden
That was so cute!!

"What are you freaks giggling about?" both Donghae and (Y/N) hurriedly turned their phones over and stared up at their older brothers who had just entered the living room. The younger two had been sat on opposite ends of the sofa and only now seemed to know their supposed proximity.

Sungmin and Siwon both rolled their eyes as they watched the two separate and then pat themselves down as if they'd been infected. "Weren't you just texting each other? You're sat together, why don't you talk?"

"We weren't texting each other," (Y/N) awkwardly stated, glancing at Donghae who was slowly nodding his head. Noticing the look, Donghae sheepishly grinned and shrugged, "we don't have each other's numbers."

"Oh," Siwon slowly nodded but then facepalmed along with Sungmin out of disbelief. They then promptly ignored the pouting expressions of their siblings and left Donghae and (Y/N) sending each other hesitant looks.

-

Choy
Hello, Aiden! I'm sorry for not texting, I've been busy :(. Hope you are well!

Aiden
Hi, Choy!!

Aiden
That's not a problem. Let me guess... babysitting that maknae? I feel you.

Choy
Oh yeah, how's babysitting going on your end? XD also, yup, but I may kinda miss his annoying existence while we stay with our own families, so I've been with him a lot.

Aiden
No matter how much I'd like to say that is strange... I get you. I'm in the same position. I mean that brat is a part of my daily life. I'll miss her when she's not there. :(

Choy
Mhm!

Aiden
So, how's it going? Done anything interesting?

Choy
Not really. I've been on house arrest. :(

Aiden
Likewise. The weather outside is really bad. Seems like we're in for a wet Chuseok.

Choy
Yeah. I don't mind, though. The rainy weather is the best.

Aiden
Couldn't agree more to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter