Prologue

Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, (Y/N), are you in?!" you hadn't expected the shout, and so when your soapy finger swiped in your eye, you flinched at the unbearable sting and squeezed your eyes shut just as you heard another call, "(Y/N)-ah?!"

"In the bathroom, Donghae!" you yelled back and washed out the shampoo before you started to wash your hair. You didn't bother to glance back as the door opened and closed while you turned the dial but had to when you heard a small thud behind you.

"Ya, put your clothes back on, you weirdo!" you exclaimed as you watched Donghae lose his jeans and t-shirt in one go. The latter didn't look bothered and innocently whistled as he came to join you under the shower head.

"I didn't have a shower yet, give me a break," Donghae stuck out his tongue and reached for your head, which made you sigh in defeat. You leaned against his shoulder as he massaged his fingers through your hair and slowly let the shampoo wash away from your scalp.

"My turn!" he grinned cheekily and bent his head slightly which made you giggle in amusement. You caressed his hair and made sure his hair was lathered in your shampoo before you washed the soap out the same way he had done for you.

After around ten minutes, your shower finished, and you went to your room as Donghae followed closely behind. You opened the large wardrobe and pulled out a simple pair of joggers and sweatshirt while Donghae grabbed a pair for himself from his side and quickly got dressed.

"Oh, look, it's almost ten! Let's go to bed!" Donghae exclaimed in excitement and you chuckled, and affectionately rubbed his head. He smiled and pulled you to the bed and made you lie down, "okay, come on. Have you got your phone?"

"Mhm, ready and prepped! I messaged Hyukkie before coming here that we can talk in an hour," he happily informed and jumped on the bed, and quickly crawled under the covers straight after. You smiled at his antics and followed him into bed and leaned against his shoulder tiredly.

"Go on, call them," you urged with a wide smile which grew as Donghae eagerly nodded and pressed the call icon. You waited a few minutes before the phone call was connected and you saw two very familiar faces show up, both of which sported bright grins.

"Aiden! Hyukjae!"

-

LEE&CHOI CORPORATION ANNUAL BALL

Dear Ms Choi (Y/N),

You are formally requested to attend the annual Ball held by Lee&Choi Corporation to celebrate their collaboration to the start of their success.

Location: -
Lee&Choi Banquet Hall
Gangnam
Seoul

Time: -
30/03/2019
18:00-22:00

"Babe, have you seen the- oh, you have... uh, what do you want to...?" Donghae trailed off as you reread the invitation and let it slip from between your fingers. The man reached for it before it completely fell and reached to tightly hug you, "it's okay... we can cancel and go-"

"No, but then they'll be suspicious, and we'll have to tell them..." you sighed and shrugged off Donghae's arms which made the man beside you freeze. He released a shaky breath and bit his lip, "I'm-"

"It's okay, Donghae. Let's call Hyukjae," you forced a smile to your face and gently pushed Donghae away before you made your way to your room, and loudly closed the door behind you.

"(Y/N)..." you heard Donghae's hesitant call and turned to face him when you noticed his reluctant footsteps. You bit your lower lip and glanced down when Donghae came close and gently lifted your face, "babe..."

"It's okay, I understand. It can affect us both badly," you mumbled and tried not to melt into the man's chest when he wrapped his arms around your body. You felt lips press against your forehead and looked up at Donghae, but then winced when you saw his teary eyes.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)... I just don't..." he paused and lightly his lower lip. You sighed at his apologetic gaze and reluctantly lifted your hand to run your fingers in his hair, "I'm also sorry for reacting like that-"

"No, it's not your fault. Don't apologise. I just... I'm sorry. It's my fault. I don't want to disappoint anybody... I'm not ready to tell anyone about Aiden... I'm sorry for being a coward," Donghae slowly apologised and you bit your lip as you heard the tell-tale sign that he was close to tears. You sighed sadly and gently patted his back.

"It's okay, baby. We both need time to tell them... sorry for making you cry... come on, let's call Aiden, hm?" you asked in attempt to cheer him up and smiled when his lips upturned in his tears as he nodded in excitement.

-

The preparations for the ball started fairly quickly after the invites were posted and you and Donghae were too busy with preparations with your respective families that you no longer had enough time for each other. Even now, you were lay alone, as you listened to voice recordings Hyukjae had sent the prior day, and there was no Donghae in sight.

"Say, baby, what did you say before? Uh... haha! Come on, say it again... uhm... yes, go on! Ahh... Umma! Good boy! You did so well! Daddy, kiss! Hey, no I'm not your- mama, kiss! No-"

"Sorry about that, he's picked up new words from the day nursery. I guess he feels lonely when he sees the other kids. I'm sorry (Y/N) and Donghae- I should've been more attentive. I'm- uh, da! Wheh 'mma an' 'ppa?! Aigoo, come here, silly boy. You're so adorable!"

"Okay, okay! Let's talk to umma and appa. Haha! 'Mma! 'Ppa! Wub you! Aww, so sweet. I love you too, Aiden~ haha! Wub you! Come here, you, how are you so cute?! Hehehe! Daddy!"

"Who am I, Aiden? Come on, tell umma and appa who I am. Uh... daddy! No, sweetheart, who did I say I was? Mmm, uncwe! Yes! Good boy! Daddy, kiss! My gosh, you're impossible... Hehe!"

"So, Aiden just came back from his day nursery and he's drawn... well attempted to draw you guys and him. Oh, baby, what's this? Uh, schoo'! 'Mma an' 'ppa ice-cweam, an', an' Aiden! Wow, good job! Fank, uncwe! Hehe! Wan' cookie! Say please, baby. Uhm, pwease! Wow, my baby is so good at speaking!"

"Mma, Ppa, goo'nigh'! Miss you! Okay-"

You softly exhaled softly as you heard both Aiden and Hyukjae and forced yourself not to tear at the sound of their voices. You bit your lip to control the emotions and your hands shook as you pressed the voice recorder icon in the app.

"Hi, Hyukjae. Sorry for the late reply... Donghae and I have been preparing for that ball we told you about a few weeks back. Thank you so much for everything you do, Hyukjae. I don't know what we'd do without you. Also, Aiden sounds like an angel... it feels so great hearing his voice after so long... it's really been a long time since we last talked."

"Hi, Aiden! Well done, your drawing is so pretty! Aigoo, my son is so smart, congratulations! Do you have any friends at day nursery? Do you like uncle Hyukkie that much? Umma loves you~"

You turned your phone off after you realised you wouldn't get a response anytime soon and deeply sighed before you turned over to blankly stare at the wall.

"(Y/N)?" your eyes widened in shock at the soft whisper and you sat up in bed to see Donghae who slowly entered your room. "Hae?" you wondered, and your eyes widened in surprise when you realised the man was slightly tipsy as he bawled his eyes out.

"I miss you so much!" he exclaimed and suddenly landed on you, which resulted in you sandwiched under a heavyweight cry-baby. You softly sighed and brushed away his tears as he hiccupped and continued with his small comments about a certain Aiden Lee and Lee Hyukjae.

"(Y/N), I love you," he murmured and softly kissed your forehead. You inhaled a sharp breath when his tears fell on your cheeks, but he quickly wiped them away and hugged you.

"I love you. I love Aiden. I love you both so, so much."

-

It was a few weeks after that did you begin to feel strange. Seriously strange. You hadn't been able to move the whole day and only bothered to move your hand to fish for your phone. Once located, the device landed next to you and you moved your fingers to call a familiar person.

"Urgh... Donghae, I feel really sick..." you moaned under your breath and heard Donghae's breath hitch from the other end, "what do you mean you're really sick? Did you eat something wrong?"

"No... I just threw up and have cramps, ow..." you sighed and then deeply inhaled, "do you mind coming over? It really hurts..."

"I dunno, (Y/N)-ah. I will definitely try, but I'm not certain because of everything going on right now. I'll send someone over to check on you in a bit if Siwon hyung doesn't let me out, okay?" Donghae replied and just by his tone you could hear the worry in his voice.

"Yeah... I don't mind... but, it really hurts..." you forcefully grumbled out and could almost feel Donghae's tongue poke out and his lips in nervousness since it took him a few minutes to reply, "okay, (Y/N)-ah. See you soon, okay?"

"Mhm... okay," you mumbled and left the phone by your ear even if it was disconnected. You lazily lay in your bed without and didn't move as you watched the time tick by slowly.

You shrieked in surprise when, maybe thirty minutes after Donghae and you'd turned off the call, there was a loud bang on the front door. You gasped in surprise and hesitantly left your room to check who the guest was.

Your eyes widened in surprise when you saw your own and Donghae's mothers stood outside according to the camera. You nervously cleared your throat and opened the door for them and tried not to look affected by their unannounced visit.

"Uh, hello?" you curiously wondered as they both entered and looked around and surveyed whatever they could see of the apartment. You took a quick glance around and thanked the heavens that Donghae and you had decided to clean up everything in the morning so there was no mess present.

"Yeah, hi, (Y/N)-ah, we heard you were sick from Donghae and Siwon. What happened, sweetie?" your mother immediately questioned while Donghae's nodded and gently held your arm, "are you okay, sweetie? Aigoo, our daughter is sick..."

"Oh, it's not anything really bad," you nervously laughed and smiled in assurance when they both gave you another worried look, "come on, we brought some pumpkin porridge with us. Sit down while we get it ready."

"Neh," you answered thankfully and put away their coats while they prepared dinner. While you made your way to the kitchen, you had the sudden urge to throw up and quickly rushed to the bathroom and emptied out your guts.

"Hey, are y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter