Ch. 8 - Plans that Pains.

Kindred Person
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Plans that Pains

 

2 weeks have passed since the exhibit. In that time Kyle and the rest have gotten closer, for him anyway. He was more open to converse with the other members of red velvet.

Junho took every chance to talk to joy whenever he can. This led them to being the groups noisiest, but closest. Kyle on the other hand, did it more slowly, he didn't seemed distant, but the girls had to try hard to find a topic to talk about.

This holds the same for him, since he was getting to know them. He made sure not to mention their work too often, to not seem nosy. It made finding common ground with them hard.

Out of all of them, Wendy and Irene were the only ones he could hold a conversation with. Wendy being down to earth really helped them to get closer. Kyle also adjusted to Irene's demeanor and viewed her as the wise older sister.

Kyle also got better at school, just improving slowly. Today ended like any other day, the group walking home together, as some of the other students tried to talk to the girls.

 

School gate...

"Irene! Joy! Suelgi! Yeri! Wendy!" The crowd of students yelled as we were making our way out.

The girls waved at them, while the boys followed closely.

They could feel some of the guys in the crowd glared at them.

"Who are those guys?"

"I think remember the foreign guy, he was called on stage during the opening ceremony."

"So, that doesn't really give him the privilege to be with those girls. The other as well, they must feel really good right now."

Kyle and Junho unaware of the comments continued until they exited the gates.

"Well that was fun." Junho putting an arm around Kyle.

Kyle sighs at his friend comment and removes his arm. "Fun for you maybe, I feel weird every time they do that."

"Don't like the attention Kyle?" Yeri asks.

"I was never really a fan of being noticed in a big crowd."

Wendy looks at him. "Yeah you seem like the type who enjoys sitting alone."

"It's relaxing that way. I'm not exactly a social person you know." He replies, taking a look at his phone.

'That's so like him, when he has nothing else to say he goes on his phone.' Wendy always took notice of his habits.

'I think he might be looking for a new topic on his phone.' she giggles at the thought.

He notices her giggle 'I wonder what she is thinking about, it must be pretty funny.'

Later...

They soon make it to the food stall. The owner greets them as usual.

"Hey kids!"

"Hello sir!" They bowed, as he rubs his head.

"I told you guys to drop the sir." they laugh as he sighs and they take their usual seats.

"We’ll all take the usual order. I'll get the drinks." Kyle said as he made his way to the cooler.

"So anything new happening to you girls?" Junho asks.

"Nothing yet. Just reporting to SM every so often, though I do plan on visiting my parents when winter break comes. “Joy told him, with the girls nodding their head.

"Me and Yeri are also going to visit our folks." Seulgi said, though Wendy looks down.

Kyle brings the drinks to each person. "So what're you guys talking about?"

"Just our plans for break." Irene replied.

"Oh, that's in 2 months. We still all have things to do before that comes up."

"What will you be doing for the break Kyle?" Wendy asks him.

He shrugs, "I'll just be at the dorm, since getying a ticket home will be expensive. You're plan?"

She hesitate and replies, "I might visit my parents also. If I get the chance."

He just nods. "You Irene?"

The girl looks at him. "I might visit to, I do miss my parents."

Kyle looked indifferent. 'So a lonely Christmas for me, huh?' he thought. Soon enough their food came.

Junho looked at his friend in wonder, 'I know he must thinking about break, worried about something... I think I have an idea.'

Later...

Returning home, he changes into his pajamas, going to the balcony

'It must be nice, to have a home with no worries. Dammit, I'll just have to survive the week without them.' He thinks looking at the busy street.

He gripped the railings a bit tighter, squeezing it. Sighing he goes back inside, and his cell phone ringing.

He checks the call ID, it was from Junho.

 

Click

 

"Hello?"

‘Hey Kyle, I wanted to ask you something.’

"And you just had to wait until now?”

‘I just t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter