Ch. 6 - Uncertain Thoughts

Kindred Person
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Uncertain Thoughts"

Last time,

He thinks for a moment. “I think of her as a friend, a person who tries to be cheerful no matter what." Irene looks at him, seeing if he is lying. "Is that all, nothing else?"

"What do you mean, "Is that all?" are you asking if..." He was cut off when she walks close to him.

"Do you like Wendy?”

Kyle stood there, unable to process what he was asked. Irene kept their distance close, waiting for a response. Kyle takes a breath and thinks about the moments he shared with Wendy. He honestly could not say what he felt.

"Irene, I don't know." He was able to voice out. He was unsure whether it was pure friendship or more. Irene looked slightly annoyed. "So you don't know? That's the best answer, look, i just don't want Wendy to feel like she's having her hope up." With that she leaves for the front door, turning to him.

"Thanks for having me, I hope you can find your answer." With that she leaves.

Kyle looked confused. 'Why would Wendy have her hopes up, it's not like i was suggesting anything to her...right?' He scratches his head in frustration. It felt irritating that he couldn’t figure it out.

He sighs in frustration, and open up his phone. He scrolls through his contacts and finds the name he is looking for.

*Ring* *Rings*

“Hello?” The voice asks him tiredly.

“Hey, Junho, you free right now? I need to talk to you about something.” He asks as he was locking up his apartment.

“Right now? I’m not busy, but it is kind of late, can’t this wa-.“ He was cut off by Kyle. “Please man, it won’t take long, just need your opinion.”

Junho sighs at the end of the line. “Okay, are you going here now?”

“Yeah, maybe 5 mins. See you soon.” He gets on the bus going to his Junho’s dorm, which was actually close by. If he walked, it could take 15 mins, but he needed to get this feeling of his chest now.

Kyle soon arrives at the dorm, Junho waiting just outside the building. It was a sizable complex, 3 floors, which had 3 rooms each. Luckily Junho lives at the 1st floor.

“Hey Kyle, let’s get inside.” He allows Kyle in, and they sit on the sofa. Kyle also notices a painting by the corner. It looked like a younger Junho with a girl leaning on his shoulder. She has a strong resemblance to one of the Red Velvet members. ‘But who?”

“Done looking?” Junho asks him as he offers a glass of juice. Kyle takes it and nods. “Nice painting, who is the girl if you don’t mind?” Junho shrugs.

“That would be me and my sister, though she went to work abroad, but we still keep in touch. So I used this old picture we had, the last one I have of her.” He showed Kyle the pic, noticing the resemblance of the two. He gives him back the picture and sighs.

“So I should tell you why am here.” Junho nods, sitting next to his friend. Kyle then tells him about what happened today, and his thoughts he had when Wendy is around.

Junho takes a moment to process what he has heard, “So you can’t understand what you feel right now? You don’t know if it is Love or not?” Kyle nods.

“Kyle, I have known you for about 2 weeks now. From what I can tell you keep yourself barricade, atleast from what I have seen. I won’t tell what you need to say, but I can tell you one thing.” Kyle looks at his friends. “Confront and try to be more open.”

Kyle thinks for a moment, he hasn’t actually talked to people about his past before. At most he let Irene understand there was a problem between him and his family, but nothing else. He takes a breath and stands up. “Thanks Junho, for having me and taking the time to talk.”

“Junho nods and leads him outside. “Stay safe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter