Ch. 4 - A test of things

Kindred Person
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A Test of Things"

A few days have passed since the 1st day of class. Kyle has been adjusting to his new life fairly well. After school he and Junho would hangout, mostly eating at local foodstalls. The two seemed to get along well, though Kyle kept himself at a distant. He just felt comfortable that way.

Wendy tried to talk to him, wondering why he was distant. He looked like he was avoiding her, which made her quistioned what did she do. All she did really was try to motivate him. Kyle on the other hand, made sure he went home early, to avoid walking home with Wendy.

Today would mark the 3rd day he would try and avoid her.

'Today is our 1st Friday, so tomorrow we'll have free time. Wonder what I should do?' Kyle walks to school, his earphone plugged in. He entered the school grounds and quikcly made his was to his classroom. Getting to his table, he then began to sktech. He has been practcing for the last 3 days, just to improve himself. 

Soon enough his professor walks in, he directly placed all of his attention to him. Wendy looks at him and sighs, she notices that he kept his eyes glued to what lesson or assignment they would have in class. 'Why doesn't he talk to me? I just want to talk to him about that night.'

"Okay class, I have an announcement, we will soon have our 1st university exhibit." That class were intrigued. "In this exhibit, you'll have the chance to gain feedback from students from the other departments. Also you'll have a theme to focus on." Kyle took down notes ad though 'Well, this could be a good experince.'

"The theme for this exhibit is family, so you'll have to incoporate family in your own concept." The other students looks happy, but Kyle looks sad. 'Family huh? That'll be hard for me. My piece might be hard to do.' 

The lesson soon ended and all the students were making their way out. Kyle made his way out, and noticed Wendy was walking close behind him. 'No, I can't face her yet.' He quickly manuvered around the students, turning a corner, he entered the first room he saw and quickly shut the door.

"Huh?" Kyle heard a girl, he turns and sees a girl with long black hair, rossy cheecks and a pretty face. It was Irene, the leader of red velvet. 'What is she doing here?' Irene apraoched he carefully.

"Excuse me, what are you doing here?" She asked him, her arms folded, she then hears a knock from the outside. *Knock* *Knock*

"Kyle, are you there?" Wendy's voice came from the door, Irene was about to open, but Kyle stops her. "Please, tell her am not here. Please." Irene pauses, and reluctanly helps him. 

"Yes Wendy?" She lightly opens the door to see Wendy. "Oh Irene, didn't know you where here." She bows and smiles. "Yeah, I usually go here when I have free time, anyway where you looking for someone?" Irene tilts her head. "N-No, I just thought I saw the guy from the opening ceremony here, guess I was mistaken. See you later Irene!" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter