Ch. 13 - Interlude of Break

Kindred Person
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Interlude of Break"

 

The party just ended an hour ago. The group now going back to their dorm to get ready for their trip.
Kyle and Wendy were walking back to the apartment, hand in hand, but in complete silence.

The two more comfortable with each other in skin ship kept walking. They felt content in each other's presence,
but the reality of the situation dawned on Kyle.

'...Well, we didn't really say I love you...or even confirmed what we are...we just kissed, which mean she does like me.
I just don't know how long this will last.' He sighs, Wendy noticing this.

"Is something wrong?" Kyle stops, and faces her.

"Just thinking...about tomorrow." He says with a shrug.

She nods her head, but she knew better. 'He's hiding something again. Knowing what happened, it must be about us...actually.
What even are we? I guess we're dating, but was it really that simple?'

They continue walking till they reach her room. "Well I have to pack for tomorrow. Are you going to be okay on your own?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. No need to worry about me. Just enjoy your trip..." He forces a smile. 'We just got together, so being alone won't be too hard.'

She nods, and gives him a quick peck on the lips. He looks dazed as Wendy give him a smile. "Well good night...See you after break!"

 

He nods, feeling his cheeks becoming warm. He go to his room and closes the door. He know begins to think of tomorrow.

He opens his laptop and sees an email.

Dad...

'What does he want?'

Kyle open the email and reads it.

'Kyle.

I heard what happened, you got into trouble. It could have been far worse if the security guard didn't show up.
Look, am just asking if you want to continue studying there. I am still your father, so I do have some obligation towards you.
Please reply as soon as you can.

Dad.'

He leans back on his chair. 'The school must have reported it to him...and he is just now showing concern for me?
I get it, he is trying to make up for what he did...but it isn't that simple.'

He sighs and types his reply.

'Dad.

Hi dad, am doing okay. I do want to continue studying here. What happened was pure luck, security here would be double to prevent it
from happening again.

Anyway, I should also tell you I'm spending the holidays here. So Merry Christmas.

Kyle.'

He sends it turns his laptop off. His thoughts linger at Wendy. 'Still hard to believe we are a thing...but what kind of thing?
Short term? When this year is over, she'll have to return to her job. Should I just enjoy this for the moment or try to make it work longer?'

He lays on his bed thinking about the possibilities, slowly drifting off to sleep.

...At an underground bar.

Greg and his gang were sitting around a pool table, beers in hand playing a few rounds.

"HA, I won again punk!" The youngest of them said. Taking the money of the table. The older one sighing and seeing
Greg with a thoughtful expression.

"Boss?" Greg looks at him with a grin.

"What?"

"You still thinking about those kids?" Greg nods and readies' the table again.

"Yep, those punk got lucky. We could have gotten a few new 'items'." He says with a chuckle, making the rest of them laugh.

"Yeah! Especially Irene, that lov-"The youngest one was cut off by Greg holding him up by his collar.

"Now, now, you should know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter