Ch. 1 6- The Plan

Kindred Person
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The Plan"

A day later, the morning light was shining through the window of Kyle's apartment.

He woke up to see that he is on his couch. He heard a girl humming and smelled something from the kitchen.

Wendy woke up a 10 minutes before Kyle and decided to make him breakfast.

'With all that has happened, maybe a good breakfast would be great for us....But something about Greg bothers me... It almost feels like this happened before... Me just waiting on someone to help... Instead of taking ac-'

"Oh, Good morning Sleepy Head!" Wendy smiled at Kyle, as she had a tray of food and placed it on the couch.

Kyle turns to her, as she sits next to him. She places the plates on the table. "Morning..."

"Still sleepy? I wouldn't blame you... Anyway I actually called PD-Nim. He says a few of his bodyguard will come here till this whole Greg thing is over."

Kyle nodded, and laid his head on her shoulders. She pauses, but allows him to rest his head. She holds his hand.

They just sit for a few minutes, soon enough Kyle speaks again.

"I'm not that reliable, am I?" He asks, causing her to face him.

"Huh?"

"I mean, look at this situation. This guys is after you girls and also me. All because I tried to play the hero..." Wendy was now looking at him, shock at what she is hearing.

"You shouldn't blame yourself. If you didn't do what-". Kyle cuts her off.

"If I didn't do that, and just let the police handled him, or called them immediately. Then maybe he wouldn't have a vendetta against me!" Kyle raises his voice, and sees Wendy now visibly shaking.

He sees that he actually knock the food down.  He turns to her, her head lowered.

He tries to approach her, but she reels back. "So you would have just let him... Have his way with Irene? With us?"

He couldn't find a reply... Wendy lifts up her head, tears filling her eyes. “I understand if you’re worried, but is that any reason to doubt yourself? Why can’t you just see that you can rely on me too…?”

Kyle sighs. ‘I messed up again…’ He attempts to hold her hand, but she slightly backs away. He stops and lowers his hands. Both now awkwardly quite now. Kyle deciding to clean up the food on the ground. Wendy reaches for her phone and sees a text.

“Miss Son,

SM-nim has contacted us, to be your bodyguard until further notice. We are now approaching the dorm you are in. We will arrive within 20 mins.

Please wait for us in your dorm room until we’ll text you again….’

She turn her phone off, and clears . Kyle turns to her as he gets trash bags. “…Yes?”

“So…The bodyguards will be here soon…and they told me to wait in my room till they get here.” She says, as she slowly moves towards the door. I’ll…text you later…”

She goes out the door as Kyle watches. The door closes and he looks down…’why am I thinking like this? Am I having second thoughts on changing?’

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter