Ch. 19 - The Last Trump Card

Kindred Person
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The Last Trump Card"

Kyle walked down the hall, feeling excited with the news. He somehow convinced SM-nim to allow his relationship. He no longer has to worry about Greg, and he is feeling happier than he ever has been.

He sees Wendy and Irene waiting by the elevator. They both turn to him, surprise to see the huge grin on his face. Wendy smiled back at him. ‘That’s the biggest smile I have seen on him…Wonder what they talked about?’

“You sure are happy, guess the talk with PD-nim went well?” Irene asked the smiling guy. As he wraps Wendy in a back hug, surprising the shorter girl.

“Yep, he gave me the okay to date you Wendy.” This causes Wendy to face him, face full of shock.

“Wait, really!? He’s okay with it?” Kyle nods, as Irene smiles at the two.

“Yep, he just gave me a few guidelines to follow, he’ll text you manager and you about them, but that’s beside the point. What matters is what happens next to us…” The elevator soon open up for them, they got inside.

“We should tell the others, I bet they’ll be relieve it went well.” Irene suggest, the couple agreeing. Wendy was happy about the arrangement now, but how would it affect both of their careers now. ‘Kyle would continue to study art, maybe become a famous artist. He might also just become a graphic artist…but would our relationship be affected by our career paths.’

Of course Wendy was concern, starting now, Kyle had changed drastically in the few days. ‘I’m proud he did, but how would it change his relationship with his parent…He just told me yesterday, so I wonder how his father would react with his son now having a g-girlfriend.’ She shook her head, causing Kyle to notice this.

“Thinking about something?” He asks the Wendy.

“Just thinking…now that we have SM approval…what about…your dad?” Wendy quickly cover . “No…I know you both sti-“

She was caught off by him placing both hands on her shoulder. “We’ll cross that bridge when it happens okay, for now we should tell the others. Okay?” He asks with a small smile. This gives comfort to Wendy for the moment as she nods.

Irene throughout the trip down…well she didn’t feel awkward as she though it would be. Kyle mostly just held Wendy’s hand. She had an idea that he wanted to do more…but was respecting her at the same time. ‘Though he did give her a back hug…never though he was the type for physical contact.’

Soon enough they reach the ground floor, and walk to their friends. Joy and Junho instantly asking about what happened. “Did something bad happen Unnie?!” Joy asks Wendy.

“Yeah, what did he say man!?” Junho shook Kyle repeatedly. Kyle gripping Junho to stop the shaking.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter