Twenty-one

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun's POV

She stood there looking at the door as if it had all the answers to her questions. 

Yongsun was pretty aware of the mistake she was making. She knew she didn't need to be there; she knew she SHOULDN'T be there. But she cpuldn't helpt it.

She had tried not to be there, in that place, in the situation she found herself at the moment. But once Wheein had told her how bad Moonbyul was she didn't feel like she had an option. The fact that one part of the younger girl had tried to reach her, yielding when Wheein had asked her for the nurse's address spoke volumes for her.

She was absolutely certain that the med student wanted to see her, even when she wasn't able to say it or do something about it.

And right now, after this hellish week, that was enough for her.

Sighing once more, she knocked on the door, waiting for an answer. Once she heard a weak 'yes' from the other side of the door she didn't wait another minute to enter the room.

At first, she was surprised with the darkness of the room, as there wasn't any light, the curtains were firmly shut and all the lamps were off. Blinking to adjust her eyesight, she fantly could see Moonbyul's figure on the bed, seemingly having the position of a baby.

Her heart broke once again the moment she saw that.

Carefully, she made her way to the bed and sat at the edge of it. The med student didn't seem like she had noticed her, so Yongsun decided to be a bit more dearing and put one of her hands on top of what she supposed it was her thigh, gently rubbing it up and down in a soothing way.

“I don't deserve you coming here.” the nurse heard the quiet whisper under the sheets.

Not really knowing what else to do, she decided to climb across the bed, spooning the younger girl as she laid by her side. Not ssaying anything else, Moonbyul the slowly raised the sheet a little, letting her know she wanted to get under them.

Yongsun took notice of this and got under the sheets, passing her arm once again across the younger girl's waist, tightening her hold on her and drawing her impossibly closer to herself.

She inhaled Moonbyul's scent and sighed at the back of her neck, her head finding it hard to make sense of anything that wasn't the body firmly pressed against hers.

“We need to talk.” she said. The med student's faint nod let her know the other girl was listening to her. “But it can wait.”

Although she couldn't see her face, she noticed how the younger girl gulped.

“I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I'm sorry.” Moonbyul said. “I'm really really sorry.” her voice broke at the middle of the sentence, unable to say it without crying.

She didn't know what to say, so she just began to draw patterns on the other girl's stomach, letting her know she was listening. She didn't seem like she had finished, so Yongsun try through her gestures to let her now she could carry on.

“I was just so ing scare of losing you too, Yong... I'm still am. I thought that putt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter