Chapter Ten

Reincarnation II : No Time Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Eun Bi’s POV

Job was finally done for today, tomorrow it was Saturday which meant I had nothing to do, thus my cousin had offered she’d come over to hang out.
Entering my car and heading to my home, I kept on thinking about the whole situation.
Why are we like this? Joon Myeon and I hadn’t really spoken in a week now and I hate all of this.

He’s been avoiding me like I was a disease. In the mornings we’d greet each other and then I’d fix his documents without speaking a word. The more we stayed like that, the worse I was beginning to feel.
On the back seat the Time Controller appeared, at this point his sudden visitations didn’t startle me, not only that but I wasn’t in the mood even.

“Hello Eun Bi” I nodded my head at him. The Time Controller removed his hoodie and stared at me, a look of confusion in his face. “From your expression I can see you’re not even near to our goal. Two years, that’s all the time you have”

“Stop reminding me please… I know that I only have two years to save him. Do you think I don’t want him alive and well beside me?” I stopped at a red light and turned to look at him “I just don’t know what to do. How do I get him to love me so I can keep him in close watch? I dread the moment his birthday comes” A honk made me turn to the front and start the car again.

“You’re really not doing great I see” I shook my head. He placed a hand on my shoulder, making me feel a bit more confident. “I believe you’ll make it.”

“You’re wasting energy on giving me a pat in the back?” The Time Controller couldn’t really touch us for an extended period of time, but just a small gesture was possible. He had explained that to me in my third life when I asked for help with something and he couldn’t give his assistance.

“It’s cause deep inside I like you” I smiled at what he said. I’ve always though I was his worst traveler as he calls us. “Anyway I’ll be leaving. Be strong Eun Bi” He disappeared into his gold dust and I just tried to clear my mind.

A few minutes later I arrived home, my cousin was already waiting for me outside of the building along with our other cousin.
I thought we’d be alone but I suppose the more the better.

“You’re finally here. It’s cold why’d you make us wait”

“Song Jina, Song Hana” I hugged both of them and we headed inside my house.

“It’s been a while since we last saw each other. How have you been?” Jina smiled at me as I put down the cans of beer I had bought intentionally.

“Same as always. Work, home then again work” Hana raised her eyebrow and stared at me weirdly. “Why are you looking like that?” I asked with a smile on my face. I knew she didn’t believe me. In a strange way she could always read my thoughts.

“I sense bull. Something has happened and you’re not speaking”

“Nope, nothing has happened, really” A lot have happened but I didn’t want to say anything. The memories of Joon Myeon were something for only me to know so I certainly didn’t want anyone knowing, not even my favorite cousins.

That’s why I ignored her question and just kept on bringing snacks and alcohol. We’d enjoy our nights like this a lot of times and since I was the only single one, living alone we’d come at my house.
We drank for the night, I was feeling a bit tipsy but still I knew what I was doing. All that changed was my mood, I was feeling happy in a way.
It was all fine until Hana suggested we go to a club for the night.

“I don’t think we should” I said laying back on the couch. My mind went back to Kim Joon Myeon, what could he be doing now? Where was he, maybe he was sleeping, then again it was really late.
I smiled to myself remembering how he sleeps, his cute snores make me feel warm and that night I got to see him being the cutest.

“Eun Bi get up, we’re going!” I let my two cousins lead me to my room. At this point I couldn’t say no to them. “Where is the dress I bought you on Christmas?” Jina looked through my closet. I tried remembering what dress she was talking about and then I remembered.

A dress I wouldn’t dare wear. It was red and had laced sleeves, the upper part was really beautiful, what I didn’t really like was the bottom, the length of the dress reached to my thigh and well, it showed way too much skin for my own preference.
Not only that but it didn’t really look nice on me, I usually prefer clothes that are kind of baggy, it always made me feel better dressing like that.

“Jina, I’m not wearing that dress.” she glared at me and kept on looking through my closet, eventually finding the dress, hidden among the hundreds of clothes I don’t wear anymore. “You know I can’t wear that, don’t force me”

“Why?” she complained.

“Because it’s too short. Every time I bend over you can see my buttocks.” I wore it at the Christmas party we had at home and I literally could not do anything. My mom even lent me a pair of leggings she had and that’s how my night went on.

“One more reason to wear them. You can get any man you want in those and girl, it’s time you do so” Hana winked and at that moment I felt like punching my favorite cousin.
Then again, she doesn’t know about me and Joon Myeon. In fact no one knows, not about my feelings for him or how we’re connected through fate. “We don’t take no as an answer so you better wear it before we fight”

I sighed and eventually did as I was told. I wore that damn dress and looked at myself in the mirror.
I had lost a bit of weight from the time I last wore it, so it wasn’t as tight as it used to be, making me feel a bit better about myself but there still was the problem of how short it was. In the other hand red suited me the best, someone would even say it’s my color.

“You look stunning! Time for make up!” We sat down and the three of us prepared ourselves.
Once we were done, we exited my home. Jina had taken the keys of my house as I didn’t want to carry a bag and so we went to the nightclub Hana loves.
It was a place I hadn’t really been to many times, maybe two to three times and that only to pick up Mr. Kim when he was drunk… like last time.

While standing outside the club, I felt my heart beating faster with every second that went by and that was because this is the place where I had last picked up Kim Joon Myeon. This club was where I found him, drunk and then took him to his house and then… where it happened.
Could he be here too? If so I don’t think I want to be here, because what if he thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter