Chapter Twenty Five

Reincarnation II : No Time Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Eun Bi’s POV

“Are you ready honey?” my mother asked me. It was time we left the hospital as the doctors told me that nothing was wrong and those were great news. They even made an appointment for me to have an ultrasound with a doctor. I think Joon Myeon will be very excited.
Now that I think about it, he must already be waiting for us to go down.
He had called early in the morning to ask about me but I was sleeping. That meant we hadn’t seen or talked to each other at all and I admit I had missed him.
It would be nice if he felt the same way…

“Joon Myeon has missed you so much” my mom said from the other side as if she could read my thoughts.
I turned to look at her only to find her staring outside the window.

“How do you know mom” I did have my doubts about this. He had no feelings for me after all and that confirmed from what happened yesterday.
Damn it feels like days have passed.

“Come here” I did as my mom suggested and looked outside the window, only to find Joon Myeon waiting with his back leaned against his car, the sweetest smile on his face. But was he smiling for me?
Regardless, I felt happy watching him like this, even if it’s not for me.

The nurse came to our room, gave me my papers and I couldn’t wait to finally go home. I missed Joon Myeon’s comfortable bed and him cooking for me whatever I wanted. Although I’m still a bit mad about what happened yesterday with Yeonmi, I don’t want to act like a brat.

“I’m just so excited that we get to go home. Even if it was a day, it felt like I was locked up.”

My dad was already outside talking with Joon Myeon and they still hadn’t noticed me and mom approaching them.

“Hello Joon Myeon” my mom greeted me and like a scared child, he turned to look at us full of shock He greeted my mom and rushed to my side, giving me a bear hug. It took me by surprise… it really did.
But what surprised me the most were the words he whispered in my ear, the way he said them with his soft and warm voice. It sent shivers all over my body.

“I missed you so much Eun Bi” And it felt like he meant every single word.

What should I say to that? That I missed him too or that every minute away from him is like being tortured.
Instead, I just hugged him back and took in the smell I so longed.
On the corner of my eye I caught sight of my mom smiling from ear to ear, my dad on the other hand was looking elsewhere, just not at me and Joon Myeon hugging. I swear my mom is our biggest fan.

Joon Myeon let me go after a while and the warmth of his body was gone. I didn’t want it that way but what other choice did I have?

“Kids it’s time we go. Also Joon Myeon make sure my daughter is fine. Come on honey” my dad took hold of my mom’s hand and went to their car.
Strangely Joon Myeon did the same. He smiled at me holding my hand, he led me to my side opening my door for me. I sat inside waiting for him.
There was something different about him today. The smile on his face, the way he’d hold me before and even now… the way he let go of my hand in hesitation.

He entered his side and started the car to his house. Throughout the whole ride he would look at me and update me on today’s happenings.
How he told the other three lawyers in the office to come to our wedding. I’d love to have been there but it had to happen and maybe it was best Joon Myeon did it like this. I wouldn’t really like to be questioned.

“I also invited someone else.” he sounded bitter and I couldn’t think of who he gave our wedding invitation to until he spoke “Son Ki Young.” No way… I turned my whole body to his side and before he could bring up a good reason I spoke.

“Why the hell would you invite him of all people. He’s so damn uncomfortable to be around. Maybe you haven’t noticed since you’re a bit oblivious to this kind of stuff but every time he looks at me he drools gallons.” he left a laugh out and I wanted to hit him just a tiny bit.

“I’m what?”

“Oblivious, clueless, unaware. Do I need to find more synonyms? I can open a dictionary for you if needed.” he laughed even louder than before and I didn’t know what else to say. Was I this funny dammit?

“Don’t worry Eun Bi. I know exactly what kind of intentions he has towards you.” That’s one more reason to call him a bit dense. “But that’s exactly why I invited him to our wedding. I also told him we’re expecting a child. Don’t you think it’d be better if he knows there’s no way he has a chance with you?”

I sighed and didn’t say a word. He’s kind of right, many people don’t try it when a woman is pregnant but not everyone gives up like this.
I guess he won’t have a chance with me either way. There’s not way I’ll leave Joon Myeon’s side. Maybe a word with him, a handshake even but that’s all he’s getting from me.

“And I don’t think it’s just me who’s being clueless here” I turned to look at him, my eyebrow raised waiting for the rest “Did you know Lawyer Park was almost in tears when I gave him the wedding invitation?” oh the youngest lawyer we had in our law firm. Little did Joon Myeon know huh?

“You’re really dumb aren’t you?” he looked confused yet again and I just laughed at that priceless expression “I’ve already rejected him Mr. Kim, in fact I was the one to bring it up. Told him that he should try to stop impressing me and maybe get some work done”

Now that I think about it was a bit harsh with that kid. But having him around me do things for me when I was completely capable of doing was so annoying.
So one day I found him on our storage room where we keep our past files and new papers and I went straight with it. I asked him if what he was doing was because he liked me he said yes full of confidence.
Then I told him to stop it, I didn’t feel the same way and he’d do better to focus on his cases.

“That’s good then.” Joon Myeon said. We had arrived outside the house and he parked the car on the paring lot. He turned at me a smug smile on his face, the one he has whenever we win a case. “I wouldn’t want him objecting on our wedding” he reached out his hand removing my seatbelt.

I could feel my heart beating faster the moment I realized how close Joon was to me. It made me crave for his touch. Just him being close wasn’t enough and I hated that it made me feel like this when I knew there was no way for me to make my desire go away.
Joon Myeon raised his eyes to look at me and with a smile on his face bushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

“Don’t let your hair inside your mouth. Now come on, you have warm water and good food waiting for you at home” he left the car and only now I realized I was holding in my breath.
I saw him coming over to my side and he opened the door.
“Come on Eun Bi, don’t just sit there”

I exited the car and walked side by side with him. I hadn’t realized it sooner, but Joon Myeon was trying to match our steps. Left foot then right foot.
My heart broke, that is something only I know so how come he’s doing it himself, it’s as if his past lives are interfering with his habits.
I wanted to ask him why he was doing just that, I needed to know.

“Joon Myeon, you’re matchin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter