Chapter Eighteen

Reincarnation II : No Time Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Joon Myeon’s POV

The whole night I couldn’t seem to sleep a wink. I had already called my parents to meet me at the restaurant we usually eat together at 9 o’clock
I told them I had something important to say, and so they agreed immediately.
I had thought long about what we’d say but I couldn’t come to a certain conclusion. I needed to get Eun Bi’s opinion as well.
As for her parents, she texted me earlier that they had also agreed.

Until that point it hadn’t hit me yet. But now I was more aware of what was happening. I was going to get married to Song Eun Bi, my secretary.
Not only that but I was also going to become a father. It’s something I’ve imagined myself as. I just never thought it would come so early and with this person.

Eun Bi is going to be my wife and the mother of my child. It still looks king of weird.

The sound of my phone distracted me from my thoughts and so I took it in my hands only to find a message form Eun Bi. I starred at it for a while, reading her name again and again until I touched the notification and read the content of it.

‘Mr. Kim. If you’re not sure about this, I wouldn’t want to force you into doing anything you don’t want’ Do I want this? This was the question keeping me up right now. It seems the same question is leaving her without sleep too.

I texted her back, part of me worried that she wasn’t sleeping after all she had to take good care of herself.

‘You should be sleeping right now. Don’t let your thoughts and worries bother you and just relax. Don’t think of me, I’m more than fine’ I left my phone on the stand beside me but a reply came immediately, and so I picked it up again and read.

‘But are you really?’

‘Then what about you?’ Her next text took more time to be sent and I knew she was thinking of what to say.

‘I’m fine with anything Mr. Kim. Anyways I’m going to sleep. Goodnight’

Why do I feel like she’s avoiding her feelings. It’s always about what I want and not what she needs. Of course with her marrying me she’s also leaving a lot of things behind and so will I, but then again in our situation it’s not really about what we want but what is the best thing for our child.

Our child.

The sound of it is so nice. I closed my eyes trying to imagine how it would look like. A daughter who’d look like Eun Bi or a son who would look like me. Maybe a child with our looks combined.
And those images accompanied me to dreamland until morning came back.

~~~

It was 7 in the afternoon already and I was outside of Eun Bi’s door. The whole way here I kept on thinking of our situation and our future together, that’s why until she opened the door I felt anxious.
I rang the doorbell and she opened it after a minute or so. She was standing there wearing a pair of jeans and a red shirt. Red suited her the best, and apparently she knew it did as well.

“Hi…” she smiled moving to the side for me to enter her house.
She closed the door and went to sit on the couch. I followed her suit and just looked at her from head to toe.

“You seem better. Has the medicine worked?”

“It actually has. I didn’t expect it to be over this fast and I’m so glad about it. Although I still feel nausea and I have vomited three times already but that’s probably from the pregnancy” It’s a good thing she’s feeling better, in a way I too feel at ease.

Her cheeks seem to be rosier and she really looks healthier and although it might be in my head I feel like she’s gained a bit weight, but I wouldn’t really want to mention that.

“I’m glad you’re feeling better, it would be really worrisome if the cold went for too long. I looked it up on the internet and it said so many stuff that made me scared for the both you” She laughed and never had I felt this warm in my life.

“Mr. Kim, don’t trust the internet so much, you know things there can be a lie, right?”

“I couldn’t help it you know. I needed some kind of reassurance for your health. After all this is our first child”

The moment I said the last world I felt flustered and looking at Eun Bi she looked stunned too. Our first child…
It was as if I was giving her a promise to grow our family together. In some way it didn’t sound bad, but how weird would that look when we don’t have those feelings for each other?

“So… what do we tell our parents Mr. Kim?” I shrugged I had though of a story we could tell, but I needed her to know before I proceeded.
What I knew though was that I’d go inside and announce our marriage no matter what they thought.
“Do we tell them I’m pregnant, or do we leave that for later?”

“I think now is the best time to tell them. I actually have something in my mind, a story we can tell them, we certainly don’t want them knowing that this was an accident, right?”

“At that you’re totally right, my dad would kill you if he knows that we’re getting married just because of the child”

“Wow, that’s so reassuring.” She laughed and placed a hand on my shoulder, her cheeks looking puffier than ever.

“Don’t worry about anything Mr. Kim, I know how to change his mind.” although she calls me Mr. Kim all the time, now it sounded playful and seeing her like that made me feel nice.

These days she only frowns, having her smile is refreshing.

“I’m sure you can, but first we need to work on something. Don’t call me Mr. Kim anymore. Make a name for me” she started playing with her hair with a really relaxed expression. “Or you could call me by my name, or a nickname”

“Like what? Joon, how does that sound? I’ve heard Mr. Kim Minseok call you like this a lot of times” I nodded my head, that was how most of them called me and it never bothered me.
“And how will you call me Joon?”

Damn, what’s with her being so playful today? I don’t mind it at all, instead it’s so nice seeing her this happy, it’s just that so far she has caught me by surprise.

“How about honey?” I decided to be as playful as she was and honestly my choice was the best. Eun Bi’s eyes went wide open and she was so shocked it was just hilarious to see. “How about darling?” she seemed to regain her face back and with a smile she nodded.

“Those are grate choices, I’d say I prefer you call me Honey, maybe then I can be the one to call you darling how does that sound”

“You mean it?”

“Absolutely not. If my dad heard us speak like this we’re both going to be dead. So let’s just call each other by our names. You see I’m my dad’s weakness” She smiled a shy smile. Will I be that way if we have a daughter?
“Anyways what do we tell them? What story?”

“I had something in my mind. Let’s tell them that we’ve been dating for a year now and we so happened to not be careful enough and now that you got pregnant we decided to build a life together and that I was going to propose to you even before we learned about the baby. How does this sound?”

“It’s a story. I guess it’s believable enough” I looked over at the clock only to find that an hour had gone by. How can time pass this fast when I’m with her. It’s a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter